Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Is a 993 a more desirable car to own than  964?

Assuming, both are C2, and manual.. and similar miles and history etc.. which is coveted more?

I know it's meant to be personal, but.....

Generally I'd say the 993 is held in a higher regard being the 'last' air cooled and probably one of the nicer evolutions of the 911 shape. This has impacted values for the last 5-10 years with them accelerating in the last 2-3 years.

The 964 has really never been regarded as a comparison, more of a dark horse that hasn't really been recognised until recently. It's now seen a large spike in values as a result and I'd (modestly) agree with the hype as I have now had the opportunity to find out what all the fuss is about. The 964 is now experiencing attention for its old 911 meets more 'modern' 911 balance, being the last of the 'iconic' shape, last hand built 911 etc. etc. But the biggest consideration is the small numbers available - this alone I believe has been driving prices north.

I have always like the the 993 and hope to have one one day. But for me personally with my preference for a 'base' model 2WD carrera the 964 is my pick over the base 993 carrera. If we were talking turbos then I'd be taking the 993 as I tend to agree that they are potentially the greatest all rounder 911 ever - not saying I'd knock back a 964 turbo or a base 993 but there is just something about the 964 that I've always liked. Also being child of the 80/90s may have something to do with that................I still remember seeing a 964 for the first time as a young kid and just being blown away by the awesome 90's-ness if it!

TBH I don't think you can go wrong with either car - both are amazing 911's that will always be significant models for the marque.

Theres a sign on Gumtree for around $900 I think. 4.5 metres wide

Bit annoying when ads like the black car at Shannons give such a vague description

Has anyone purchased one of these signs, they look really good in the pictures.

The seller said that he has already sold quite a few.

Interested in one for the cave but wanted to make sure the quality reflects the $$$.

It would nigh on $50k on the road, is that good value for a 2.7?

It would nigh on $50k on the road, is that good value for a 2.7?

Personally, i wouldn't pay that when really good SCS are the same money and it will get you a decent 3.2.

Seems to be asking a lot for a very early, entry level, Impact Bumper.

Although the ad states extremely low mileage for a car of that age, which may reflect condition of the car.

I tend to agree with Coastr's comment.

Wouldn't the fact that it's a very early impact bumper add to it's collectability?

Price aside for one minute, there would be far less '75 models than SC's and Carreras making them more desireable? ...... No, they're not as powerful, or as fast but they fast enough, are still as cool as hell and an impact bumper Porsche .....

Pricewise ...... wouldn't that be comensurate with the numbers available? While maybe not what they are asking for it, surely it couldn't be too far off considering the above points?

Me personally, I wouldn't give two hoots whether it was a 2.7, or an SC or a Carrera ...... if it was the right car at the right price, I would love it just the same .....

The 3.0 were a much better engine than the 2.7's (MFI aside) and as a result the 2.7's have always been less desirable. Early cars and lower numbers yes but unfortunately I still think you'll find a lot of people will look for a 3.0 over a 2.7 regardless of del numbers IMO.

Agree they are cool though!

The 3.0 were a much better engine than the 2.7's (MFI aside) and as a result the 2.7's have always been less desirable. Early cars and lower numbers yes but unfortunately I still think you'll find a lot of people will look for a 3.0 over a 2.7 regardless of del numbers IMO.

Agree they are cool though!

This is what I've always had in mind with regards to 2.7s 

Hell, I recall maybe just over a year ago seeing a couple listed in the mid to late 20k price bracket..... when will the air-cooled price hysteria end?   :lol:

This is what I've always had in mind with regards to 2.7s 

Hell, I recall maybe just over a year ago seeing a couple listed in the mid to late 20k price bracket..... when will the air-cooled price hysteria end?   :lol:

http://www.hagertyinsurance.co.uk/Articles-and-Resources/All-Articles/2014/12/24/Porsche-Market-Update

The thing with 2.7 mid years is that they have a desirable bigger brother in the carrera 3.0. SCs and 3.2 Carreras benefit from bring the only option short of a turbo. So by my logic they should trail the SC market in terms of value.

Good drivers car though, nice and simple and lightweight.

Here is one for you Persian..

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1985/SSE-AD-3175526/?Cr=11&sdmvc=1

This appears to be a good price. It just popped up on Carsales but I am sure I have seen it before.

It's been listed on my105 for some time. Looks like a bucket of money has been spent on it and appears to good value on the face of it, not sure how desirable a targa 'club car' is though?