Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I'm going to say if had the cash I would buy this over a 993 Carrera 2 manual, or a very low mileage 3.2 or 964.

There, I said it.

You do realise how many people you've just upset, dont you ......  ;)

(don't let it worry you too much .... it's nothing I haven't done before ....)

I stumbled on this in my daily carsales trolling (we all do it right?) .... being without a daily at the moment and I've got to say its kinda (okay VERY) tempting for me to just pick the phone up and call the guy, I wonder if I can slap a tow bar and some roof racks on it for my bunnings trips? 

No need for roof racks just attach it the wing. If you are going down to take a look let me know and I will come with you.

No need for roof racks just attach it the wing. If you are going down to take a look let me know and I will come with you.

I'm keen to know what it's like - i tried calling but he has setup one of those carsales 'protected' numbers, waiting to hear back from him via email

Anyone noticing the distinct lack of GT3s for sale in Aus

I am looking from a 997 RS but it would seem none available

Indict at last count only 10 of any generation of GT3 available in Aus

RS always get snapped up fast, especially 997.2 RS... 7.1 seem to sit a little longer.

From what I've seen lately, 7.1 expect to pay low to mid 200's, 7.2 mid to high 200's. OR 6.2 RS around 200k 

The 996's are bottoming out now with a few in the mid to high $80k bracket.. that seems to be where they'll happily change hands fast.

I'm not sure standard gt3 997 will get to that price point ever.. probably low 100's is the bottom of that barrel 

I'll leave it alone, Russ can have a shot at it.. will be happy to go take a look at it with you Steve! Not that I'm a fountain of knowledge for air-cooled, but I know an honest car when I see one. 

i'll take the wing if someone here buys it and wants a normal decklid..

Is that the early Turbo one on it? looks a little different... 

I'll leave it alone, Russ can have a shot at it.. will be happy to go take a look at it with you Steve! Not that I'm a fountain of knowledge for air-cooled, but I know an honest car when I see one. 

Sounds good edgy. Russ, let us know if you make contact and we can sort out a time to suss it out for you.

i'll take the wing if someone here buys it and wants a normal decklid..

I'll let you know, don't happen to have an original deck lid do you?

thanks gentlemen! I'm still waiting to hear back from him, about to give him a call again shortly.

So I finally took the plunge into Porsche ownership!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get exactly what I wanted but considering where the market is headed I'm glad I bought this one and am out of the market.

Thanks to all on this thread who through your discussions tremendously increased my market knowledge.

See my thread : My 3.2 in Introductions

Regards

Sashie

1996 Porsche 911 993 All Wheel Drive

We all know its not a turbo ,

whats a fair price for what it is ?

http://www.carsales....4/?Cr=0&sdmvc=1

I don't think it's all when drive either. Loons like a c2 manual with a body kit.

Au delivered in the $80k, UK delivered I'd guess $60k

Being a bit if a bitsa, I'd guess closer to $60.

I thought it was posted earlier that it was a HK import wide body Tip?

On that basis and if it wasn't a dog's breakfast of "enhancements" surely $60k would be all it would pull?

So allowing for 5 grand or so for decluttering - standard wheels, engine lid and steering wheel - low fifties would have to be more like it wouldn't it?

Or am I fooling myself again? LOL