Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I don't think it's all when drive either. Loons like a c2 manual with a body kit.

Au delivered in the $80k, UK delivered I'd guess $60k

Being a bit if a bitsa, I'd guess closer to $60.

+1

non S with C4S/Turbo body

Has been for sale for a while 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/canada-bay/cars-vans-utes/classic-porsche-911-convertible/1065799840

Uh, oh. A 1978 convertible.

I hope that targa -> convertible book hasn't been lent out?

I reckon that one was for sale on the Gold Coast for a loooooooooooong time, disappeared about 12 months ago(for around $25k) good on em if they make a few bucks. Even if you re-targa-d (new word) it, still note sure there's $50k in it....

Can anyone estimate the price difference between a late model LHD/RHD converted or Australian 3.2 Carrera given they are both similarly equipped with 200K covered and FSH.?

As there are very few 3.2 Coupes currently for sale does this change the price gap.?

Can anyone estimate the price difference between a late model LHD/RHD converted or Australian 3.2 Carrera given they are both similarly equipped with 200K covered and FSH.?

As there are very few 3.2 Coupes currently for sale does this change the price gap.?

I'll have a guess - It's about $10k-$15k drive in/drive out for a conversion (although probably more now with the rarity/cost of parts) for LHD>RHD so i'd estimate $20k difference or more? It's really hard to say.

Given the focus on originality these days, are people still swapping out sporto's in the older cars?

It could happen, but i guess if it's aus delivered it might effect the value later

We are a funny bunch here in Oz and anything converted will always sell cheaper than one delivered here ....

I would think the price difference between them would be between $10k - $15k cheaper, depending on the car itself.

I also don't think that because there are so few for sale that it changes the gap. There has always been a stigma attached to converted / left hand drive cars, and whether that is right or wrong, it exists.

The gap may be reduced one day, but for the moment it is there. There are people that don't have a problem with lhd / convert and othere that wouldn't buy them for love nor money.

Neither group is right or wrong .....

LHD should be more valuable than converted because it is still original and has a bigger resale market potential in the long term. However, they are in greater supply because of the USA so prices are not as high, because you can always buy one yourself and get int shipped. For a good car with history and from a dry state $35-45k is my guess, although $45k would be very top dollar for a desirable color and low miles, and possibly a euro instead of us delivery. They are selling in the us around the $25k mark, which is about 32k here and maybe $40k on the road.

Converted RHD are more desirable for those who can't afford an original car and can't deal with LHD. But they will always have a question mark over the conversion quality and so will trade for less than original, probably $35-40k.

Imported RHD will depend on condition and history, and ability of the seller to prove it isn't a rust heap from the UK. A decent car should trade $40-45k.

Australian delivery RHD is the most desirable and will sell for $50-75k depending on condition.

In each category there are a cars which might sell for more or less that what I have stated, and I'm no authority on the matter, I just check out sale prices and casually observe what sits and what doesn't. Others will likely have a different and better opinion.