Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

It was definitely $60k which is why I was so excited .... mine is the same car (but with a tail, so I might get $5k more ..... joking).

Thats also why I made the comment about buyers not being concerned between the Carreras and SC's anymore .....

It would be interesting to know what happened as I think it was only listed today and already pulled down .....

78SC just came up in Vic. Almost looks like Dreamr's.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3225351

Must be an import, still rather on the cheap side for a coupe. Looks like it might need a little bit of time put into it for a clean up.

When I called, he told me it was sold.

Gotta be quick, it seems.

Must be an import, still rather on the cheap side for a coupe. Looks like it might need a little bit of time put into it for a clean up.

Mike,

I'm not entirely convinced that it's an import .....

I can't see any telltale signs of being a convert, and unless it's a UK import, someone might have just got an Oz delivered bargain of bargains (UK delivered cars don't usually have air cond.)

Maybe someone else can see something I've missed ......

...and here I am lamenting about where all the good 3.2's have gone Ronny!

White, low mileage and perfect looking 964 Tip for $80k:http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1991/OAG-AD-866767/?Cr=55

Will it sell quickly or hang around?

I've given up predicting.....

Well Peter,

You've got one that you're hoarding and won't share with the wider public, and the rest are converted into ...... that...

As for whether the above one will hang around or sell quickly?

I'm with you ...... who the bloody hell knows? That SC advertised for $60k is marked as sold ..... I rest my case!!

And it's not a targa ......

Who are you and what have you done with Amanda ....?

I know!  Sometimes I branch out and go for topless 911s.. I'm a crazy cat!

Now this one http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1973/SSE-AD-3037596/?Cr=16 

Given its a converted import but other than that, it looks like a real nice little car. Is it too pricey, why hasn't it been sold (if there's no gnarly mechanical issues present) ? 

Sub 50k for a 993 tip at the same time there's an 80k 964 tip?

Bizarre.

Sub 50k for a 993 tip at the same time there's an 80k 964 tip?

Bizarre.

Oh just saw 993 is a cab, makes a bit more sense now.

I know!  Sometimes I branch out and go for topless 911s.. I'm a crazy cat!

Now this one http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1973/SSE-AD-3037596/?Cr=16 

Given its a converted import but other than that, it looks like a real nice little car. Is it too pricey, why hasn't it been sold (if there's no gnarly mechanical issues present) ?

I too have seen this one a number of times and also wonder why it hasn't sold yet ....

I'm no long bonnet expert so maybe someone could shed some light? .....

The 964 Coupe prices haven't taken the 964 Cabs with them. But from what I can tell, the 993 Cabs have followed the hike of the 993 Coupes!  When I was first looking for a P car, I was seeing $39k 993 Cabs on the market. Now, zippo they are way over that.

With the way things are going, owning a 911 other than a water cooled variant - may not be a reality. Unless I go for something a bit rough and hope I can get it right...

that red Targa sold in WA late last year for approx $33K....

A little old Italian lady was selling it.. hubbie had converted it and passed away...

Believe it was on the market for only a few days.

"Cheap" 911's are out there...

Red SC popped up today for $28000.. sold in  few hours.

The one owned my MaxxmusSC with the hit to the right rear, is still cheap(ish)...

That red one above could have issues.. i don't think someone that buys it in 1 hour, will have been able to find any unobvious issues.

That nice green sporto on carsales, was owned by a mate of mine.. I could have owned it for nearly half that at the time, but we chose to remain mates instead...

Kinda wish I'd bought the car instead!

My tipper will likely be up for grabs in the not too distant future...

There are a couple of long hoods been sitting on carsales for a long time now and I really want one.

Lol. You've barely finished doing it up!

A little old Italian lady was selling it.. hubbie had converted it and passed away...

Red SC popped up today for $28000.. sold in few hours.

The one owned my MaxxmusSC with the hit to the right rear, is still cheap(ish)...

That red one above could have issues.. i don't think someone that buys it in 1 hour, will have been able to find any unobvious issues.

That nice green sporto on carsales, was owned by a mate of mine.. I could have owned it for nearly half that at the time, but we chose to remain mates instead...

There are a couple of long hoods been sitting on carsales for a long time now and I really want one.

Red SC popped up today for $28000.. sold in  few hours.

I suppose a 'cheap' 911 is ok if you can work on it yourself. Although I have heard that my brother is putting in a hoist - now that might come in handy for Amanda :D

Your car looks awesome in your signature pic Mike - be a shame for you not to get some enjoyment out of it for a while?  Or is the chase more enjoyable? I get that if it is, the research and shopping is a lot of fun.

Definitely an Aussie car. A friend had a look at it an hour after it had been listed an a deposit placed on it. Car was dry, but needed paint and trim had seen better days with a possible colour change. Ended up being sold to the mechanic who had serviced for many years

Definitely an Aussie car. A friend had a look at it an hour after it had been listed an a deposit placed on it. Car was dry, but needed paint and trim had seen better days with a possible colour change. Ended up being sold to the mechanic who had serviced for many years

I had a slight feeling that it might have been Oz delivered (see a couple of posts back)

BTW ...... Aussie delivered for $28k ..... absolute bargain!

Nice C3.2 but not much change out of $70k!

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1988/OAG-AD-867262/?Cr=24

Can't imagine how it could have needed new P&C's at that mileage though.

This one's back on the market at $50k after the owner has done some work: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/SSE-AD-3220312/?Cr=267