Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

You're never going to let that go are you, you were the one that threw a tantrum and ended that conversation. This has to be the third or fourth time you've brought it up again.

There were no Australian delivered '76 911S … there was only a single designation 911 that year … and you guessed it -- no side repeaters.

whoa, I'm actually just having a joke about it, it's not an intentional dig at anyone - I had actually intended to put quotation marks around "Australian Delivered" 

I'll edit the post - apologies if you thought it was a legitimate dig at someone

.....I was just having a dig at myself if anything over being so uptight about it  :ph34r:

Ok lets put this one to bed for once and for all.

It was late August 19?? that Porsche introduced the side repeaters on the front guards/Wings/fenders starting with the ?? model, so any car before this date that have side reporters fitted are because of one or more of the following:

• Previous owner fitted them by popping a hole in the guards/Wings/fenders and wiring them in to flasher loom.
  • New guards/Wings/fenders were fitted at some time in the cars life and they already had the hole for the side repeaters already and the owner did as above.
  • Porsche just bloody lied about the date these side repeaters were fitted from to stimulate heated debate on the yet to be invented inter web forums.
  • :ph34r: might have been something to do with this little bugger?

I may (will) have some of the dates wrong but i'm sure there some Porsche anoraks experts out there with more books on the subject than friends that will be happy to correct me.

Now lets move on and start a new topic, smog pumps been discussed yet? :ph34r:

Ok lets put this one to bed for once and for all.

It was late August 19?? that Porsche introduced the side repeaters on the front guards/Wings/fenders starting with the ?? model, so any car before this date that have side reporters fitted are because of one or more of the following:

• Previous owner fitted them by popping a hole in the guards/Wings/fenders and wiring them in to flasher loom.
  • New guards/Wings/fenders were fitted at some time in the cars life and they already had the hole for the side repeaters already and the owner did as above.
  • Porsche just bloody lied about the date these side repeaters were fitted from to stimulate heated debate on the yet to be invented inter web forums.
  • :ph34r: might have been something to do with this little bugger?

I may (will) have some of the dates wrong but i'm sure there some Porsche anoraks experts out there with more books on the subject than friends that will be happy to correct me.

Now lets move on and start a new topic, smog pumps been discussed yet? :ph34r:

:ph34r: ... and for a 1975 MY76, it actually has a centre dash vent that wasn't available until MY77...

... ditto the ribbed and carpeted door cards...

... and the blacked out window trim wasn't standard...

... and the antenna is on the wrong side...

But apart from that, a good solid "local" delivery...? :ph34r:

:ph34r: ... and for a 1975 MY76, it actually has a centre dash vent that wasn't available until MY77...

... ditto the ribbed and carpeted door cards...

... and the blacked out window trim wasn't standard...

... and the antenna is on the wrong side...

But apart from that, a good solid "local" delivery...? :ph34r:

The rear speaker grills are early 3.2 spec 84..85. Just saying ....

So it looks like it went for $24,209. Amazing deal, or too much of a risk?

I tried to talk a friend into it.  He ran for the hills when he saw 220k on the clock and thought I was joking.

Compared to a tatty SC of unknown provenance in barely running condition for the same money it's a bargain.