Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

This is just plain silly.

PUTTHECRACKPIPEDOWN.

I would find it difficult to pay 60k for a 968 CS M030 Car with the same Km's, let alone an S2.

These are wonderful cars but, not quite at investor class yet.

I'd estimate this cars Value to be in the 35-40k Range, and even then I am being generous.

"Crack pipe" is an understatement, however I bet someone pays close to the odds.

Exceptional condition!

Is it any good Tit?

It has potential I think. Put some original 930 black rims on it, retrim the interior in black trim, tidy it up..

930's are my dream car, but given the crazy low 944 prices these days I am a bit behind where I thought I would be. I won't be calling him or I'll start planning how I can purchase it....... :P  

asking 40k +

original 930 wheels ($2500 approx.) +

re-trim the interior ($1000 - $4000) +

a tidy up ($0 - whatever a tidy up includes $$$?)

Potential yes, is it worth it, questionable? 

If you picked it up around the $37k mark, did the wheels and interior over a few years it may workout not too bad.

Not that I am, but if I did purchase it I would leave the 3.2 in it as it would be more cost effective with maintenance and insurance than the turbo engine (although nowhere near as fun!).

Given M491 Carreras's are pretty much $50k for a good one these days (If you can find one), if someone got this for mid $30's, who liked the wheels and interior it would be pretty reasonable value.....

Get the Cardex and find out how far "out of whack" it is from original, then decide whether its worth restoring, keep as is, or go down the hot rod path. A turbo platform is a good place to start.  

Another option is to strip the car of non original parts and sell them off leaving a "turbo" rolling shell.  Rare as hens teeth these days.

I am interested to see how far off it is , whether it was Australian delivered etc.

Another possible option would be a combination of what you've suggested. If is was worth restoring, buy it, drive it for a few years, then when some money was saved up restore it and sell of the non 930 engine, gearbox, etc to get some cash back.

This is getting bad, I feel the sickness returning, :blink:  :wacko: must not look at it, must not look at it....

Couldn't help myself, looked at the 930.

Good points:

Very neat looking car. Interior is actually really nice I wouldn't change that. Same owner 18 years, he has FSH for the time he has owned it. Nice to drive, felt tight. 

Bad points:

It is an imported American car. When he purchased it is came with no paperwork at all. Nothing on the import, the respray, the interior, the engine, the RHD conversion, not a single note.

Overall a nice car, but too many unknowns for me and probably a good buy if you got it for about $35k, just can't see $40k in it.

The search continues. But hey I've got the S2 to fill the time between finding the right 911 so life is good :D

Welcome, this is as good as any place to post this comment!

First Up is This One :

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1985/SSE-AD-1140549/?Cr=10&sdmvc=1

Pro : Looks like a well cared for car and lots of wonga has been spent on it. Which is a good start.

Cons: Appears to have a "Battery Here" sticker on it so may have been used for competition work, although this maybe just an enthusiast being a little too keen. So enquire as to what competition work it has had.

Has a Nurburgring sticker on its rump, so the owner clearly is of the enthusiastic fold, which can have both good and bad points!

Pricing, I would obtain the Cars VIN and Engine #'s to research the cars identity and whether it left the Factory as RHD. If it is a Factory RHD car then it may well be a UK import. If its a UK import, very careful inspection of the body is required to identify corrosion risk.

If its a LHD Market car thats been converted, I would also strongly recommend careful inspection of the conversion and the parts used to do so.

I would also look carefully for evidence of accidents as the pricing does seem to be pitched on the lower end of the scale for this one and the reason has to be related to the cars identity and/or its grey market status.

I wouldn't rule out any import car, just pay close attention to identity and condition. Clearly the Vendor loves the car and has spent lots of cash on it recently.

This car is owned by a PFA member. It is a converted lhd us import. A lot of cash has been spent. Been for sale for a while but no movement in price so I suspect he is content to get the right price for it.

Silver 912. Looks nice...needs a Few more pics and Better description.

Car was for sale in bredbo NSW for about 2 years awhile back and for less. So the current owner may have done some work to justify the pricing.

Likely a converted car by memory

That is beautiful beautiful beautiful.

Looks very two-tone on the side shots. Door and quarter don't seem to match at all.

Seems nice enough though.... But I guess I still don't get the 912 thing. They are no longer a bargain entry to p ownership.

36 k is a no brainer for this car.

Find another one?

NIL

Its a 68, but is still nice, if it was LHD its a 38-40K car.

Its been converted but seriously, you could not find a cooler car for the same money.

Even if its needs some work, somebody buy it.

I won't buy it because I prefer 65-66 models and LHD.

I reckon 33K would secure this car, she's a peach, and if she isn't you can make it right and enjoy the ride.

I've just spent a couple of hours in the company of a 65 painted dash car, and , me likey. Feck the 911 this is the better car.