Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Lock your doors, Gut, you might have a bunch of 964 owners paying you a visit!

Maybe I should rather get my cheque book out

GUT, imo, all 911's are beautiful, some just more so others. There is more to every 911 then just the body!

Some famous Porsche words for you...

'When you drive a 911 anywhere, half the fun is had just getting there'.

And the other half? Driving home :)

Wow so this one didn't sell for the last month or 2 at $38k so what do you do? You increase the price to $46k!!! Why of course!

1992 Porsche 911 Carrera 964 Cabriolet 2 Sports Automatic

6cyl 3.6L

Automatic

Convertible

197,485 km

Dealer: Used

For more information on this vehicle please visit:

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1992/AGC-AD-16817083

Sent from my iPhone

Wow so this one didn't sell for the last month or 2 at $38k so what do you do? You increase the price to $46k!!! Why of course!

1992 Porsche 911 Carrera 964 Cabriolet 2 Sports Automatic

6cyl 3.6L

Automatic

Convertible

197,485 km

Dealer: Used

For more information on this vehicle please visit:

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1992/AGC-AD-16817083

Sent from my iPhone

His cost to hold it has increased, so it makes accounting sense.....maybe not marketing sense though

talk to GUT. He's changing the 930 world one poo brown car at a time (and I'm with him)

The '70's and '80's "undesirable" colours are now sooooo in vouge (including poo brown)..... they are the "new" Guards Red.

Would love to repaint my car to it's original colour .... a shade of brown.

Show me where. Couldn't find anyting and with prices climbing this one was too well priced to ignore. I won't be chopping for a while to happy to on sell this one if I find something less worthy of saving.

Chop away, look forward to the result. Maybe a nice purple 959 body kit with 996 headlamps and big bling rims - just in case you missed out on the car a few pages back.

By the way, how hard would it be to "C2" your C4 in the build - simply chuck away a diff and driveshaft like some guys in USA do with 996 turbos? Save some weight and make it more of a lively hot rod? Cheaper entry than. c2 with the same result?

I asked for a view on imports LHD california cars vs UK and made some comments about Salty cars from my UK home country , so a question , if a car is showing some signs of rust gavanisd or not , be it only minor , whats the recomendation locally for treatment to stops this other than bare metal? Anyone had any luck with 84-88 carreras for example.

Rust never sleeps. The bits you can see are the tips of the icebergs.

Looks like that red LHD 964 that was on the market for ages just vanished too....  Anyone here?

I know. Only emailed the guy this weekend. Got no response, and then it disappeared. In reality it was very well priced and there is a much bigger LHD market out there

Is it the rare card been played here?

Isn't there a wide body targa (or two) that have been on carsales for ages? It is fascinating that the cars that you once paid a premium for (targas/convertibles) are now so undesirable according to the market, yet a plain old C2 everyone fights over

Isn't there a wide body targa (or two) that have been on carsales for ages? It is fascinating that the cars that you once paid a premium for (targas/convertibles) are now so undesirable according to the market, yet a plain old C2 everyone fights over

Still the same with the brand new cars. Friend of mine bought convertible 4s........it would have to be the least desirable in the future, but was the most expensive now

Is it the rare card been played here?

Looks like its at the RSR Garage. So yes maybe, would also think he knows the market well.. so be interesting to see what happens with this one.  Personally I don't like the look of the Targa on the wide body, but I haven't seen one in the metal - I may change my mind.

Still the same with the brand new cars. Friend of mine bought convertible 4s........it would have to be the least desirable in the future, but was the most expensive now

Porsche values are directly correlated to the 'less is more' philosophy, base models being the most desirable as they provide the simplicity that characterise these cars.

The increase in early cars is another reflection of this with the early cars being the most 'raw' experience for the inclined purist.

I do feel for the buyers that go in to tick all the options for the 'status' of having the most expensively optioned Porsche only to find in time that they are less desirable in most cases than the base model (especially if they have one of those sticks to change gears!) 

Porsche values are directly correlated to the 'less is more' philosophy, base models being the most desirable as they provide the simplicity that characterise these cars.

The increase in early cars is another reflection of this with the early cars being the most 'raw' experience for the inclined purist.

I do feel for the buyers that go in to tick all the options for the 'status' of having the most expensively optioned Porsche only to find in time that they are less desirable in most cases than the base model (especially if they have one of those sticks to change gears!) 

Post rationalist hypothesis?