Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I since have received the engine repair receipts for the Carrera in S.A …lot of parts some 996 on the paperwork , that dont seem to go with the car … I honestly dont think its work more than 20k for parts at best… it has had some rings and valve seats done , and it had tensioners and some other stuff done .

This work was done in 2008 and its done 8k miles since…hmmm

As for the rust, jacking points , side seals, headlamp areas,  suspension mounts , the seam where engine catch  isand door pillars- not sure what its called , all bubbled.

As I said all a bit scary.  I was told the owner paid 65k for it ouch , still dont make it worth much..

I will say the dealer is very genuine and transparent

Rust never sleeps. Rust in structural areas = parts car. In ten, twenty years time the value may have increased to the pint where it is worth fixing.

Ask Michael what he paid for his. This would be the most recent sporto sale

Id love to think that the car is a 65K car  - i like gold (my 71T is originally factory gold) and I like sportos. Id also hope it has the chrome trim. I reckon though the seller will collect a few calls with or wihout pics as there'll be plenty people interested in what a 65k 74-77 car looks like. - I am. Also the ad sounds like its written by someone in the business.

whats a good 74-77 car worth with or without sporto? I reckon I'd have my bum in the air a bit, but reckon 50k +-might be close to a ceiling...unless its a real special car otherwise why not just go buy a sweet SC or 3.2, 924 turbo, S1 928, S2 944

but you know what charlie did in the glass elevator

magical realism

If any of you remember the sporto that was advertised in the mid $50k a few months back. That got full asking price.... So Michael is right ^^

How do I know that's what it sold for? I just so happened to buy another car from the owner at the same time.

If any of you remember the sporto that was advertised in the mid $50k a few months back. That got full asking price.... So Michael is right ^^

How do I know that's what it sold for? I just so happened to buy another car from the owner at the same time.

Was thinking this was all sounding a bit cheap then remembered the Sporto sold by Autohaus for 90K was a 68.

Was thinking this was all sounding a bit cheap then remembered the Sporto sold by Autohaus for 90K was a 68.

we just saw a 130K tasty manual 69 T - a 68 Sporto for 90k was a bargain...more magical realism

I could be wrong but this looks very much like a car I inquired about 3 years ago. Same Fiske wheels and dual exhaust without valance. German import converted for $43k at the time. 

Just a note on some of the crazyness going on recently with prices. One of the cars mentioned here recently sold for $20k (25%) less than the advertised price. It seems that sellers, are testing the waters with silly prices knowing that they're still going to get plenty of phone calls. For anyone in the market, make sure you at least call the seller and register your interest. You never know...

:wub:

Would have expected a much bigger price tag!

There can't be many of them in the country - I have only ever seen one, which is currently at AH

I checked out the car..

whole thing has had a coat of paint at various times..

oil leaks

sunroof stuck

aircon dead

front bar has a repair in the plastic too..

bonnet very chippy

Rims scraped.

I don't know what concours means but I know this isnt it.

Does present very well though.

it do

I checked out the car..

whole thing has had a coat of paint at various times..

oil leaks

sunroof stuck

aircon dead

front bar has a repair in the plastic too..

bonnet very chippy

Rims scraped.

I don't know what concours means but I know this isnt it.

Does present very well though.

it do

The last c4 sold for $75k. They all need something doing to them with close to 200,000kms, so a good rare car for that price you would have thought.

Who needs to test the market with high prices when you advertise for $70k and people ring and offer $75k ... :blink:

Yeah, yeah .... I know it's probably worth more .... I was just making fun of the buying and selling process as it's ALWAYS the other way around .... $70k? I'll give you $50 .....