Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Scoozie for butting in here, Cal, or anyone else, why would they make it a LHD if its being built from scratch and constructed here?   (re THE OLDTIMER AUSTRALIA)

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, just wondering what the advantage would be, there obviously is one...I guess..Or is there?

(I love the look of it, at the stage it is at.   apart from the seats..)

To be honest, I didn't even notice :) Because the real thing was LHD only? They figure their market is OS? That's it, they are done. You buy that for $85K and get your own body made. In alloy obviously, if you are spending that much money. 

theres a coupl eof outifts in the states building alloy bodied cars used to be 'value' before the dollar tanked

I also recall oldtimers and sleeping beauties having a gullwing replica chassis and part body in the recent past

To be honest, I didn't even notice :) Because the real thing was LHD only? They figure their market is OS? That's it, they are done. You buy that for $85K and get your own body made. In alloy obviously, if you are spending that much money. 

Thanks Cal, I should have went and had a look on their site, which I have just done.

so this 550 Spyder replica rolling Chassis is actually up for $75K.   Wow.     

I love what they have done,   ....but 75k... and   " All it needs"  is some ancillaries things plus a body...   Hmmmm

I’m really disappointed that I missed out on this. I had organised with the seller to inspect/buy this car tomorrow but was gazumped by another buyer who snapped it up for $45k before I could make it despite having already agreed with the seller. Had I of known that this was the situation; I’d have taken a day off work and done an overnight trip to get it. A real beauty of a find, 912, UK RHD delivered car and owned by its current owner since ’82. The car had no rust and was lead swiped all those years ago. Whoever got it did really well. 

2lt6d7n.jpg

2sb9wf7.jpg

qsjc3m.jpg

2uzqo1s.jpg 

On that note, I'm still keen to find a clean car. Anyone with leads can PM me. I’m a serious buyer looking for genuine seller. I have a lead on another but it may be out of my price range. 

Or the 'faceless' men

I was pretty sour about the whole situation but there's not much I can do about it now. I had even gone to all the trouble of organising a car trailer. As ironic as this may sound, I whited out the owner's face because it was the ethical thing to do.  You're right Michel, there is definitely a lesson in there!

A 2010 911 Sport Classic at CTS!  Now there is something you dont see too often.  Anyone know the $

Just bought the latest GTPorsche magazine today with a feature on the Sport Classic.

Theyre saying prices are up around £200,000 in the UK. £60k over original price. Being as there was only 250 built, I'd say the one at CTS wouldnt be exactly cheap!

Just bought the latest GTPorsche magazine today with a feature on the Sport Classic.

Theyre saying prices are up around £200,000 in the UK. £60k over original price. Being as there was only 250 built, I'd say the one at CTS wouldnt be exactly cheap!

They really know how to drink the Porsche Kool Aid in the UK don't they?

I was pretty sour about the whole situation but there's not much I can do about it now. I had even gone to all the trouble of organising a car trailer. As ironic as this may sound, I whited out the owner's face because it was the ethical thing to do. You're right Michel, there is definitely a lesson in there!

I'd heard about that UK 912 car a month ago and was intending to go look at it ( was lazy and to busy to follow up ) as I do regret selling my 912's. I would have dropped a deposit on it, sight unseen based on the description and the interest it was attracting.

Mr written, it was in Sydney wasn't it?

someone please check my commas, I want to do better for KGB

Can you confirm the car was in Sydney Mr Written?

Someone please check my commas. I want to do better for KGB.

no commas required mate

I'd heard about that UK 912 car a month ago and was intending to go look at it ( was lazy and to busy to follow up ) as I do regret selling my 912's. I would have dropped a deposit on it, sight unseen based on the description and the interest it was attracting.

A little out of Sydney, at The Entrance. Yeah, had I of known the owner couldn't hold it for a few days and was going to show it to someone else after we'd reached an agreement, I'd have driven from Sydney to The Entrance overnight and picked it up. Oh well, that's the way it happened. Let me know if you hear of anything else on the grapevine as I'm actively looking for the 'right' car and this ticked all of the boxes. Cheers.