Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

In fact it's quite timely, if you want to be the next person to potentially make 300% from purchasing a car of mine, contact me about my Carrera 3.0 which will be going up for sale in the next couple of weeks.

Looks tidy in your blog - what's it worth........

nothing to see with that link.. i

The only 964 for sale on carsales, is the manual c4 coupe for $75k. Even the blue Hong Kong import Tiptronic, sold for $75 in only a week... while the manual sits patiently...

nothing to see with that link.. i

The only 964 for sale on carsales, is the manual c4 coupe for $75k. Even the blue Hong Kong import Tiptronic, sold for $75 in only a week... while the manual sits patiently...

That is the link I should have placed...I wonder why it has to sit so patiently? A bit like the Aussie delivered 930 that has sat for a while. You would have thought these rare cars would have gone by now. Clearly both testing values with the 964 being relatively high kms and the 930 being an older car. Still, should have gone with so little to chose from.

9er, what can you tell us about it? What is the possibility of locating its original engine?

I am certain that the engine is around, however my best effort to find it fell short.

When I bought the car it had been stored in a shipping container on a property in country Victoria for 20 years. At that stage it had a 2.2S engine in it, which I was able to reunite with the original Aussie delivered 70S car, to at least make another fella very happy.

Two 2.4E motors have come to light recently, and it was hoped that one of these could be correct however that is not the case.

In fact it's quite timely, if you want to be the next person to potentially make 300% from purchasing a car of mine, contact me about my Carrera 3.0 which will be going up for sale in the next couple of weeks.

Hey 9er

I would like to know more about your carrera 3.0. I can't seem to send you a PM . I know of a carrera 3l engine .

Hi Guys. First time poster. I currently own a matching numbers factory RHD 1970 911t lux (UK delivered) that I bought on gumtree 3.5 years ago. I am currently looking for a daily driver and am considering the White 928s4 recently duscussed. However, I'm really keen on the blue 993 tip on carsales.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/OAG-AD-829506/?Cr=1

The kms are high but the rebuild seems about the right price and down at the right kms based on what I have read.

I have searched this forum and can't see if this car has been discussed before. It seems like a bargain compared to the $105k manual that just sold at CTS. Am I missing something? I know it's a tip but?

Would seem depreciation proof.

The dealer sent me photos of the black interior and it looks in really great condition.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Luke

Luke,

It's been for sale for maybe 6 months and has had an occasional mention on this forum but no one who has actually looked at it has reported back.

I think the mileage may scare people off as most 993's seem to be sub 150,000km.  If it was a C3.2 or a SC no one would bat an eyelid!  I've also noticed that many 993 and 964's seem to get rebuilt motors prematurely due to oil leaks rather than wear reasons.  I note this car has been "resealed"  (which always strikes me as a quaint description but I guess any engine built like a liquorice assort is bound to leak sooner than later) rather than reconditioned.

There is no doubt they are great to drive particularly on the open road where the combination of lack of bottom end (non Varioram) and the wide ratios of the Tip isn't an issue.  Solid power starts at 3000rpm and they get angry at 4000 where the real fun starts.  Handling with the fancy link rear end is completely uneventful.

They're also still a reasonably simple car and I think you are right that they would be depreciation proof.  I'm not sure I could use mine daily unless I had somewhere safe to park as I would otherwise be worried about bangs and scratches.

Good luck! 

Hi Guys. First time poster. I currently own a matching numbers factory RHD 1970 911t lux (UK delivered) that I bought on gumtree 3.5 years ago. I am currently looking for a daily driver and am considering the White 928s4 recently duscussed. However, I'm really keen on the blue 993 tip on carsales.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/OAG-AD-829506/?Cr=1

The kms are high but the rebuild seems about the right price and down at the right kms based on what I have read.

I have searched this forum and can't see if this car has been discussed before. It seems like a bargain compared to the $105k manual that just sold at CTS. Am I missing something? I know it's a tip but?

Would seem depreciation proof.

The dealer sent me photos of the black interior and it looks in really great condition.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Luke

$14,000 for a major service and rebuild at Weltmeister........ Take out the major service cost, and it may have been a top end job. No mention of heads being machined. $14,000 is not a lot for the work they have listed.

I don't know why it hasn't sold, but would love to know.

As An example, I met a man today whobhad $60,000 in receipts. Upon actually reading the receipts, it became apparent that the same receipts were printed three tines.....so the actual amount of receipts were closer to $20,000. Big difference.

As a daily driver, it is very capable, comfortable and fun. Parking is my only concern also, however mine has a few dings and bumps already, so I'm not as precious on the 993

If your near me, feel free to drop on and check mine out, take it for a drive.

What a great forum - two posts from current 1994 Tip owners in a matter of hours!

Peter, thanks for the feedback on driveability - luckily I have secure underground parking at work.

Chris, I think you're right - I was thinking the rebuild would only be the top end. Would need to see the receipts - and make sure they aren't duplicates. Thanks for the offer of a drive - I might come up and visit as the white 928s4 is up that way. Is your car still for sale like it says in your signature line? I notice you also have a steel bumper car!

Luke,

I am also planning to check out the 928S4 this week - I will let you know how it presents.

My 993 is probably for sale if my wife refuses to take it as her daily driver.   Its getting some work done at the moment, so you actually can't drive it if you came here now..........its in Brisbane.   Where are you based ?

And, yes, I have a glorious 1972 T, which is not for sale - not even at the silly prices these cars are fetching.