Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Sorry if already discussed as its been for sale for ages - whats the story with this - fits the hotrod bill, just a water cooled hotrod.  Anyone know the car and what engine work may have been done (besides the turbo install obviously)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171858162563?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sorry if already discussed as its been for sale for ages - whats the story with this - fits the hotrod bill, just a water cooled hotrod.  Anyone know the car and what engine work may have been done (besides the turbo install obviously)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/171858162563?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I think it's just over priced by $30k. 3.4ltr with a turbo, body kit and few other parts is not worth close to Turbo prices.

No word if the engine has been built either. 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-cars-vans-utes/carmake-porsche/carmodel-porsche_911/c18320

71 t targa for sale in Brisbane.  

Is this Mike's one night stand targa? 

Looks like a nice car to me.

Big savings for being a converted car as well.  Can always convert it back to LHD and $$$$ will be the result - I think it would be very easy to turn over a profit if you were handy with a welder and had a junked LHD to hand for parts

I think it's just over priced by $30k. 3.4ltr with a turbo, body kit and few other parts is not worth close to Turbo prices.

No word if the engine has been built either. 

Yeah thats my point, its price suggests maybe its had decent engine work, but comments dont suggest so - thought someone here might be familiar with it.  As you say if its simply a 3.4 Carrera with a turbo kit, seats and body kit then its overpriced.

Its pretty well on the money ,If you do the math Turbo kit $13000,. Install - 2500- $5000, Body Kit  -$3000 Install and paint $3000, Seats $2000, 2nd hand 996 3.4 maybe 40000, bits and pieces 3000. I think the problem is that it is Yellow .  

I do not know how your name come up Coastr ,Was replying to Boxer ;)

Edited by tomo

Has this been discussed? 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1085973558

i quite like it! 

Will this get girls Tazzie? 

My experience , which is probably less than yours , is that women do not like 911s , unless they are brightly coloured with interesting fabric- they like colours and shine , and couldn't give  a rats doodle about compression ratio or low profile tyres. If they feign to like them , it is because they fancy the contents of the wallet that bought it.

Whereas a 928,  being comfortable , roomy and un-oily, ticks all the boxes for ladies lusting after  "GT man" .

There's a reason James Bond doesn't drive a 911 and it's got nothing to do with the Germans in WW2 ;)

My experience , which is probably less than yours , is that women do not like 911s , unless they are brightly coloured with interesting fabric- they like colours and shine , and couldn't give  a rats doodle about compression ratio or low profile tyres. If they feign to like them , it is because they fancy the contents of the wallet that bought it.

Whereas a 928,  being comfortable , roomy and un-oily, ticks all the boxes for ladies lusting after  "GT man" .

There's a reason James Bond doesn't drive a 911 and it's got nothing to do with the Germans in WW2 ;)

And how does the 928 oracle  think it's priced? 

Has this been discussed? 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1085973558

i quite like it! 

Will this get girls Tazzie? 

The 928 is many things.

None of which include chick-magnetism.

Really, it's the anorak car for the thinking anorak.

I wonder how much it would cost to convert one to manual.  I'm guessing the 3 speed auto is a snooze fest to drive.

I wonder how much it would cost to convert one to manual.  I'm guessing the 3 speed auto is a snooze fest to drive.

The 3 speed is no more snooze fest than a tiptronic.

I use mine like a paddle shift. Being 3 speed and good for 150km/hr in 2nd , it shuffles along pretty well.

If I floor it and set off the little solenoid and it kicks to 1st ... well that's as close to an afterburner as can be managed.

The 5spd is by all accounts a heavy SOB to shift in traffic , that quickly gets "old" As it does with an old 911. So as a DD , maybe not so much fun

if you sit in ant queues.

It's all about the stitches for the girls. Every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man...the more brightly coloured the better.  Notwithstanding a baby poo coloured Aston, they desire the titled gentleman.

IMG_4511.jpg

IMG_4510.jpg

And how does the 928 oracle  think it's priced? 

This car ole has no idea. After 1,389 pages of discussion about 911 prices we are somewhat clearer about them (or maybe not , lol) .

Find another low km unbodged early 928 for price comparison.

At a car show , it will be more than boys hanging around wanting to sit inside ;) 

A man with a well rounded collection would happily plonk this useable 928 next to his old Maser/Lambo/Fezza/Aston/Iso/Gordon-Keeble...

He could rummage in his purse for the mere spare change they are asking for this landmark Porsche.

As we are aware , it's now a global market for collectable cars.

The Petrol blue 928 is FS on Pistonheads for fifteen thysand pyndes,  and there's a fair chance it will be bought by an O/S gentleman buyer.

These OB (original bodies) 928s are coveted by those in the know , and one this good doesn't surface every day.

Hagerty's price trend FWIW

928_79.jpg

Just because that is what it would cost to build doesn't mean it is worth that. Even if it does have extensive engine work (which I doubt). As previously stated I think it is about $30k over priced. 

Agreed. Same with all Hotrod/backdates etc etc.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1981/SSE-AD-3038405/?Cr=0

getting seriously cheap now!

Some good priced 928s out there right now.......

I wouldn't drop 3k off the price for a small oil leak. Mind you changing the oil pan gasket is not a job for surgeon's hands. A precise diagnosis is always required.