Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

You win, you've worn me out with logic I can't fathom!:)

C'mon Peter ..... surely you're not going to give up so easily?

Take a step back from the keyboard, a deep breath, re group and come back swinging.

Don't let the little island breteren bamboozle you like this ....

btw ... I have no idea what you are both on about!

This has been for sale forever http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-928-1987/SSE-AD-2255120/?Cr=0

Proves the point that some 928s have led a hard life. With what can be seen could this be a good one again without losing too much $$$$ A good one may be worth $20k plus, can you fix this one up for only $10k....... probably not..... This could be one to drive until it breaks as Tazzie said about another...??

"Tasmanian devils are known for their belligerent nature. When irritated, their ears turn purple, and they release a loud shriek as a warning sign to back off." 

I was wondering what that high pitched sound was a couple of minutes ago .....

I'll tread more carefully from now on .....

Peter on the other hand ...... sic em mate!

Boys I'm reading page 408 here & it's reading like some sort of 911,928 pissing contest. Err boring by the way.

You may have forgot what this thread is, What's for sale (in Australia) & interesting Tread. This page contains non.

>I wonder which set of engineers dreamed up that IMS design? That's some fine work, there!

The IMS design is an artefact of insisting on using a single head casting to do both sides.  As one of the heads is on 'backwards' it required an IMS bearing in the wrong end of the motor.  To save money on only having a single casting.  I'd say that was a Toyota cost-cutting decision right there, as is the shared, one-piece headlights that everyone loves to hate.

Boys I'm reading page 408 here & it's reading like some sort of 911,928 pissing contest. Err boring by the way.

You may have forgot what this thread is, What's for sale (in Australia) & interesting Tread. This page contains non.

True.  But are there any Porsches for sale in Australia any more?  I thought they had all been bought this morning after being listed last night.

But in the spirit of the thread, here's a longhood with an impact bumper update, at a ripper price of $15

$_20.JPG

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/legana/collectables/vintage-1970-s-1-24-model-porsche-911s-burago-made-in-italy/1087046278

Or a Targa shell for $3k

$_20.JPG

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/camden-south/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911-targa-/1086798959

Sorry I couldn't actually find an actual 911 for sale.

So now the collectors have had their way , there are only 911 crumbs left...you just have to wait for the bubble to burst. 

But in the meantime there are other value for money Porsches for sale , some of which are interesting and worthy of discussion in this thread.

What are you thinking as other alternatives?  And do you think that bubble will burst? 

If you mean old school cars , 944s for a start - great daily drivers and/or weekend toys. I dare not mention the car that ends in 8.

The bubble has to burst , though the new entry point will have been raised, along with parts prices given our Oz dollar and import taxes. So the AC 911 will probably be unattainable for many, at least until they are over the hump of family costs. And then "modern" Porsches will be pretty affordable.

I do think investing in a crystal ball could be useful, because genies in bottles are not real.

And a 924, only 2 on carsales and one has a GT body kit... http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-924-1981/SSE-AD-3035366/?Cr=1

A couple more on gumtree, but these things are becoming rare.....

And a 968 as well http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-968-1992/SSE-AD-3498298/?Cr=3

Edited by ANF

I don't disagree with that claim but the best way to right a thread heading for a train wreck is to post something interesting in line with the thread title and divert the attention back to right and just.  I also agree our attention spans are pretty limited too.

I don't disagree with that claim but the best way to right a thread heading for a train wreck is to post something interesting in line with the thread title and divert the attention back to right and just.  I also agree our attention spans are pretty limited too.

Back on track, wreck avoided.:)

^^^ Is the way your promoting this car meant to be intentionally vague or am I missing something? 

nothing like a gratuitous 912 pic to break the tension Hugh ;)

the owner is a secretive, almost hermit type fella who is often heard from but rarely seen. Some say he is on a quest to collect every Australian delivered Porsche he can lay his hands on and then wash them daily with salt water just to mess with us. He keeps them all locked in a huge barn in Canberra with a tiny paddock that opens with his PFA member number...

the owner is a secretive, almost hermit type fella who is often heard from but rarely seen. Some say he is on a quest to collect every Australian delivered Porsche he can lay his hands on and then wash them daily with activated almond water just to mess with us. He keeps them all locked in a huge barn near Hobart with a tiny paddock that opens with his PFA member number...

the owner is a secretive, almost hermit type fella who is often heard from but rarely seen. Some say he is on a quest to collect every Australian delivered Porsche he can lay his hands on and then wash them daily with activated almond water just to mess with us. He keeps them all locked in a huge barn near Hobart with a tiny paddock that opens with his PFA member ...

paddock member

Coming from Rod Stewart that's pretty funny. And Mr Fish still carnt spel.

Interesting. Mr Fish's 912 has the iconic shape and glorious retro colouration , yet this is not enough to erect the wallet?

What then does define the aircooled 911s irresistible charm? The engine? 

Coming from Rod Stewart that's pretty funny. And Mr Fish still carnt spel.

Interesting. Mr Fish's 912 has the iconic shape and glorious retro colouration , yet this is not enough to erect the wallet?

What then does define the aircooled 911s irresistible charm? The engine? 

There has been plenty of interest. Seller possibly looking for a fatter wallet. But yes - a 'proper' engine and this car would have been sold in the first 10 minutes.