Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

almost certain we will see this one again soon pop up in a dealership. That was a bargain price and targas are cool again (thanks to Singer)

Nice profile but looks like the ride height is set at rally specs:mellow:. Suitable for the elderly type for trips to the lawn bowls.

Wonder if the shocks are original and complement the ride height:P

Jokes aside looks a very original, wonderfully clean car preserved as it was from the factory.

Is this the one from Byron ?

$20,000  -  if they are original hella driving lights then the price for the whole car is worth it !

Has anyone posted 'worlds gone mad' on this page today?

Worlds gone mad

Should have collected a portolio of 35k Targas from 12 months ago.

That C 3.2 is lovely.... but $140k :blink:  about 12 months or so ago everyone laughed at the dude trying to get $70k for a nice one.... 

Longhood project -> http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/camden-south/cars-vans-utes/porsche-short-wheel-base-hot-rod/1086799952

No drivetrain though... 

Hella H4 lights = $1000

Fuchs = $1000

Seats = $1000

Longhood panels = $2000

Longhood gauges = $1000

Driving lights = $????

Longhood VIN = priceless

It can't be restored to a $150k car but it can be restored to a cool non-backdated backdate hotrod.  I wonder how rusty it is.

Nice profile but looks like the ride height is set at rally specs

:mellow:

. Suitable for the elderly type for trips to the lawn bowls

Hey, hey, some of us like'um like that!

You kids can keep ya phatts and ya stance, the rest of us want to be able to get up our driveways without scraping.

i like the body work. Original paint do you think?

No it's been repainted the man said so time ago.  Very nice, full Porsche dealer service history.

Edited by Peter M

Has anyone posted 'worlds gone mad' on this page today?

Worlds gone mad

Should have collected a portolio of 35k Targas from 12 months ago.

Hella H4 lights = $1000

Fuchs = $1000

Seats = $1000

Longhood panels = $2000

Longhood gauges = $1000

Driving lights = $????

Longhood VIN = priceless

It can't be restored to a $150k car but it can be restored to a cool non-backdated backdate hotrod.  I wonder how rusty it is.

rusty

Listed Last Night - I was the third caller @ 7.20 pm and it was already sold - sold in less than 2 hours. Rang back today - new owner picked it up at lunchtime today.

Too fast for my liking :angry:

This looks good, it'd be interesting to see what the price tag would be if it were a coupe and manual:
http://www.carsguide.com.au/cars-for-sale/CG_2654171/used-1976-PORSCHE-911-CARRERA-3.0---Leaded-Convertible-in-.html?searchKey=cg_s.dea424e4bf67ee487ac8c2f683962eec#/pos2
d7j0k.jpg

And on the same site, there is this. Both these cars don't seem to be listed elsewhere? Wonder if they're sold...
http://www.carsguide.com.au/cars-for-sale/CG_3885389/used-1990-PORSCHE-911-CARRERA---Premium-Unleaded-Coupe-in-.html?searchKey=cg_s.a06bbd18b30fb24187f02e56fb001ef3#/pos2
2ytpaiu.jpg

Edited by Written

The C3 has been for sale on Carsguide for over 18mths at various prices.

Well the red coupe is more than 993 turbo !  The Carrera 3.0 is 135k and they continue to rise. I was looking at ebay usa today and found some nice cars, lots of pre 73 for less than anything here. A few good 964 2 under 100k an RS America about 100k. I'm beginning to think it's worth wild driving a left hooker. That was just a quike glance at what's available over there, I'm sure if you look harder there are some good deals.

Spanner , I will meet you at the boarding gate , we will go for a fishing trip in CA if you like 

And by the way , even in the UK , I can confidently say "Worlds gone mad"

I hate this thread.

I hear you Amanda .........................

My dreams of owning a 911 are slowly morphing into ideas of building a heavily modified 928 outlaw or something similar, I don't think the 11's are coming down anytime soon......

Edited by MB911