Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

definitely agree- selling some of my other cars wouldn't even cover a 964's engine rebuild :(

Problem with just one classic is you tend to run out of things to do ; then it's the dilemma of modifying or not.

Several classics keep you on your toes , even if it's just keeping up with rego and tyres!

Problem with just one classic is you tend to run out of things to do ; then it's the dilemma of modifying or not.

Several classics keep you on your toes , even if it's just keeping up with rego and tyres!

Please tell me of your secret ways. I need my worries in life to be, "running out of things to do" :P

Please tell me of your secret ways. I need my worries in life to be, "running out of things to do" :P

Get fit , stay very fit , have older children (!) , get a 15 minute commute, limit TV .

I have many things on the go , depending upon the weather and my mood. A man should never be bored.

Get fit , stay very fit , have older children (!) , get a 15 minute commute, limit TV .

I have many things on the go , depending upon the weather and my mood. A man should never be bored.

Agree Tazz with a couple of changes.

Get fit , stay very fit , have NO children (!) , get a 5 minute commute, limit TV .

I have too many cars and always busy with them.

Clay,

I thought the $95k one was a Carrera 3.o?  The Autohaus one's a SC so different cars of the same colour?

Peter,

The car that had the BBS RS was that Arrow blue SC that was on carsales asking 100k iirc.

In a couple weeks, it moved to Autohaus without the BBS RS, and can be seen here for 95k. http://www.inventorysearch.com.au/view.php/ahhamilton_all_stock/1978_Porsche_911_SC_Blue_5_Speed_Manual/10019076/

Sorry, I actually don't remember the 3.0 at all... My memory for you.. :lol:

Assuming the ride high is low, my personal preference is for 15 inch wheels. I reckon they look great on the impact bumper cars, weigh less and provide a more acceleration friendly  drive ratio(s). But I am also one of those guys who reckon 17inch wheels do not suit the impact bumper cars. Purely matter of taste.

And a interesting sale I must say.  Apart from the price for a well used set of wheels , I think they are off a 88 3.2 CS which apparently was sold.  Off to the UK i suspect?. Leaves one 3.2 CS left in Victoria and I think 2 or 3 in Australia.

That was one CS which was used the way Porsche intended. Owner certainly didn't use it to look at on weekends.

Very low volume car the 3.2 CS. Wonder what it sold for?

A lot I would guess. Here's one for sale in the the UK for £250k, although it's probably the best example of its kind.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-pre-89/1988-e-porsche-carrera-coupe-club-sport/4395628

Others have sold recently for between £150k and £180k.

Peter,

The car that had the BBS RS was that Arrow blue SC that was on carsales asking 100k iirc.

In a couple weeks, it moved to Autohaus without the BBS RS, and can be seen here for 95k. http://www.inventorysearch.com.au/view.php/ahhamilton_all_stock/1978_Porsche_911_SC_Blue_5_Speed_Manual/10019076/

Sorry, I actually don't remember the 3.0 at all... My memory for you.. :lol:

Looks as though its ride height has also been adjusted to something closer to original.

I get the sad feeling I'm looking at my last chance to get hold of a good condition RHD SC for under $40k

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-3513075

Can't last long at that pricecp4659862073563043805.jpg?aspect=centere

Don't wait my friend and be like quite a few of us!

Get on the blower, organise flights and go buy that sweet thing!!!