Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Another very nice SC at Autohaus: http://autohaushamilton.com.au/porsche-sales/porsches-for-sale

About 200,000km, recently rebuilt engine, new AC and $95k.  Though the other blue SC is still for sale at the same price.

Sadly notice "my" unusually low mileage silver manual 996TT they had for $104k is gone before I could win the lottery.

'your' 996tt - should have jumped at that Pete. Then Autohaus would have been advertising another 3.2 instead :)

Seems so - I got a carsales notification it was sold

saw it us close last weekend. Very tidy looking car. Good price for all of the effort that was put in.

Another very nice SC at Autohaus: http://autohaushamilton.com.au/porsche-sales/porsches-for-sale

About 200,000km, recently rebuilt engine, new AC and $95k.  Though the other blue SC is still for sale at the same price.

I think I'd be knocking on GM911's door for his Carrera over an SC if I had that cash lying around

'your' 996tt - should have jumped at that Pete. Then Autohaus would have been advertising another 3.2 instead :)

Ah, that's the rub Mr T, can't image being either 3.2less or not debt free.

I think I'd be knocking on GM911's door for his Carrera over an SC if I had that cash lying around

GUT,

I  suspect GM911's since adjusted his price upwards!

The blue SC's been there quite a while now so you have to ask if they're really $95k cars yet.

I don't know why I still question Scott's car pricing as he rarely gets it wrong and invariably proves me wrong!

PS: Remember the days we used to talk about the AC cars themselves? Condition, features, appearance?  Now it's just $, $, $ and $ as they only flash up momentarily and you can't ever get the other stuff into focus!

Sadly notice "my" unusually low mileage silver manual 996TT they had for $104k is gone before I could win the lottery.

That looks like a great buy and good value. All the expensive stuff done including a rebuilt engine. $150k car in 12 months, better than money in the bank

That looks like a great buy and good value. All the expensive stuff done including a rebuilt engine. $150k car in 12 months, better than money in the bank

That's quite a prediction. A $150k SC in 12 months. I don't agree but I'm happy to be proved wrong. I'll hang onto my 3.2 and 930 just in case :)

That's quite a prediction. A $150k SC in 12 months. I don't agree but I'm happy to be proved wrong. I'll hang onto my 3.2 and 930 just in case :)

While I may or may not agree (i'm good at sitting on the fence) if you go back 12 months on this discussion, I reckon we'll find the same comments regarding the $50k high or, god forbid, the $60k high ..... I'm sure there will be comments like .... $50k for a 3.2? NEVER ... or these have become for collectors only at $55k ...

I'm sure there will probably be some swear words at the "high" prices as well.

I could have NEVER imagined asking $95k for any SC or 3.2, but it seems to be coming up more and more ....

So, a prediction of $150k, while it seems ridiculous, is the $50 - $60k prediction of 12 months ago ....

97k for a tiptronic lol

I agree..  it sounds a bit crazy.. but, it looks really really clean.. and if everything works as it should, it's probably not that far off the mark. Not everyone wants a manual... after having owned one a short time, I can say I do miss it. They are a good thing.. 

Is this a members car? Backdated Aussie delivered 3.2 .......

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1984/SSE-AD-3612375/?Cr=5

I'd happy have that one for the basis of replicating something that looks like my all time favourite 911's in the above clip.

I don't think its going to hang around as long as the 3.6 litre, light blue one that was advertised for $115k that sold last week.

Edited by Peter M

I'd happy have that one for the basis of replicating something that looks like my all time favourite 911's in the above clip.

I don't think its going to hang around as long as the 3.6 litre, light blue one that was advertised for $115k that sold last week.

love that vid

Hi, yes it's mine.

are the orange bits stickers or painted on?