Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

It's been painted, it's got a dicky engine, and goodness knows what else. It's on the wrong (or right in my case) side of Australia. Run Amanda run!

Eek I don't want that one. It has nothing going for it from what I can see. But I feel bad saying that given the owner passed away. I posted it for you lot!

Another car that's been for sale for an awful long time. Must be something wrong, car or owners sale tactics maybe??

Autohaus c2 snapped up on first day...

Help me out here.

993 C4S's have been lingering for sale in the $100k-115k range for a long time without a genuine sale since I have been watching = combination of (1) over priced and (2) thin market of people with that much pony for a 20 year old second hand car.

Then boom. Autohaus have a smart black C2, low km but $135k and it goes in the first 24 hours.

Good dealer and smart car but hardly a nil km concours museum piece, so how does this fit with tidy cars that sit for ages $30k less? While 2wd has a purity factor, everything I read says the 4wd system is so much better than the 964 system and a match for 2wd, plus the C4s is based on the turbo chassis rather than having to revert to using chunky wheel spacers to fill the guards ( the sort of tuning trick I would have done as a seventeen year old!).

Maybe this porsche price watching is some sort of illness that is slowly effecting my logic...

Wish I had not seen that. Want bad! Sure it will not last long at that price.

Pulled up alongside a white 997 GT3 on the way to work today - they look mad on the road.

That red one would look great alongside your car Hugh......or mine for that matter. When they get to 100k, resistance will be futile.

I still have the hots for the Amanda Blue targa. Pity it sold already......

me too tomo... me too!  I am feeling 'blue' as a result  teeheee  nah not really. Life is good, we own amazing arctic silver 987s.. and maybe one day,  911s too or in place of amazing 987s.

Must say.. if I did go the air cooled 911 route - I still like the idea of a original, low owner, somewhat documented AUD delivered sporto targa with cloth tartan seats in a pastel color OR GP white.  Thanks very much!  Oh and I'd like cookie cutters too whilst I'm putting in my order :P

And that very car was for sale not even a month ago but alas, it's sold now.

Pulled up alongside a white 997 GT3 on the way to work today - they look mad on the road.

That red one would look great alongside your car Hugh......or mine for that matter. When they get to 100k, resistance will be futile.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 6-12 months with the 991 GT3 now being released. Not many around in red though, it would complement the garage nicely!  :)

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 6-12 months with the 991 GT3 now being released. Not many around in red though, it would complement the garage nicely!  :)

sure would, paint the wheels black and its perfect! i've been watching that GT3 for months, i dont understand why it has not sold.

perhaps the colour?? most others are black or white, either way seems great value in the low 100's

I suspect they'll bottom out in the next 12-24 months... then again, the lack of manual trans in 991 might drive some demand for 996/7 GT3. Its already happening in the US. 

I suspect they'll bottom out in the next 12-24 months... then again, the lack of manual trans in 991 might drive some demand for 996/7 GT3. Its already happening in the US. 

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Aus market for the 996/7 GTS compared to the earlier air-cooled 'fast' 911s...  I wonder if the market will still worship air-cooled over water cooled in years to come?  

Different car -  but has anyone looked at this one?  http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1989/AGC-AD-14706137/?Cr=1&sdmvc=1

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Aus market for the 996/7 GTS compared to the earlier air-cooled 'fast' 911s...  I wonder if the market will still worship air-cooled over water cooled in years to come?  

Different car -  but has anyone looked at this one?  http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1989/AGC-AD-14706137/?Cr=1&sdmvc=1

Wow !! Amanda your digging up all the good ones.

me too tomo... me too!  I am feeling 'blue' as a result  teeheee  nah not really. Life is good, we own amazing arctic silver 987s.. and maybe one day,  911s too or in place of amazing 987s.

Must say.. if I did go the air cooled 911 route - I still like the idea of a original, low owner, somewhat documented AUD delivered sporto targa with cloth tartan seats in a pastel color OR GP white.  Thanks very much!  Oh and I'd like cookie cutters too whilst I'm putting in my order :P

Maybe already posted, some nice targa's here :)

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1969/SSE-AD-2465122/?Cr=8&sdmvc=1

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1970/SSE-AD-2499524/?Cr=12&sdmvc=1

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1971/SSE-AD-1024621/?Cr=17&sdmvc=1

sure would, paint the wheels black and its perfect! i've been watching that GT3 for months, i dont understand why it has not sold.

perhaps the colour?? most others are black or white, either way seems great value in the low 100's

I will have one , one day. In green.

funny amanda

I happen to know of a 68 2.0 litre AUD, low owner fully documented sand beige pepita inserts sporto - though coupe...im hoping to be 1st inline

Air cooled guys might just crawl out from under their rocks? :lol: 

I like that 964 cab^^ My partner wants a boxster, I told her she should buy a 964 cab instead.... she agrees. :)

You mean , air cooled rocks. Yes , they do!

One of the greatest things is no cooling system refurbishments (think water pumps , hoses etc) or timing belts - plus no electronics for us older 911s. So after the purchase price , ownership is very cheap. Once you've grown the nads to adjust the tappets!

I like that 964 cab^^ My partner wants a boxster, I told her she should buy a 964 cab instead.... she agrees. :)

Well I know of a very very nice 987 she can buy?  lol

funny amanda

I happen to know of a 68 2.0 litre AUD, low owner fully documented sand beige pepita inserts sporto - though coupe...im hoping to be 1st inline

Sounds expensive :)

You mean , air cooled rocks. Yes , they do!

One of the greatest things is no cooling system refurbishments (think water pumps , hoses etc) or timing belts - plus no electronics for us older 911s. So after the purchase price , ownership is very cheap. Once you've grown the nads to adjust the tappets!

The biggest problem is in bold! :lol: 

Well I know of a very very nice 987 she can buy?  lol

My head hits the roof in boxster... so no go here!  :blink: