Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

what size wheels is that running ?

I could be wrong but I think this car came from Brisbane around this time last year (maybe a bit earlier). I saw the car.. not too bad.. lots of miscellaneous dings and dents here and there. The colour used to be light ivory but it was resprayed by an earlier owner who just wanted a silver car.

The interior is immaculate and I assume retrimmed. The motor was pretty oily but it sounded great.  I wonder if they touched up the body work. 

The same fellow who sold this, advertised lots of parts for other porsches, engines,gear boxes etc...

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-04%20at%208.51.5

I could be wrong but I think this car came from Brisbane around this time last year (maybe a bit earlier). I saw the car.. not too bad.. lots of miscellaneous dings and dents here and there. The colour used to be light ivory but it was resprayed by an earlier owner who just wanted a silver car.

The interior is immaculate and I assume retrimmed. The motor was pretty oily but it sounded great.  I wonder if they touched up the body work. 

The same fellow who sold this, advertised lots of parts for other porsches, engines,gear boxes etc...

the "carport find" car which went from 120...90...60..….then sold ?

If it makes you feel better ..... yeah, the whole of "whats for sale (in Australia) and interesting thread .....

Wow ..... I do feel lighter ..... Thanks Arnage. ^_^

Why would it make me feel better?

Only having a joke with symsy (5 posts). Man, you really do need to lighten up Mr school teacher Dreamr

Its not meant to be a serious discussion all of the time & nor are we here to correct spelling/grammar. 

Wow.....I also feel lighter though.

Thanks Dreamr

I have a similar recollection Mike.

What ever, its sold now & good luck to buyer & seller. I liked it, a lot. 

Its a HK or Japan import seller states on the phone it has been in Aus since 2000km old...

Most likely a HK import if one of the two!

I have nothing against imports but I think its a little too rich for that though.

But looks very nice..

FYI: That leftie red 964 from Japan is also quite problematic - My friend had a look at it

Has this been discussed?  

Allan911wide_615.jpg

911 Carrera 3.2 Wide Body Targa 1987.

Last of the classic 911's - A 1987 911 Widebody Carrera Targa with the 3.2 engine and G50 5-spd box.

All Steel wide body with 930 Turbo front and rear suspension and brakes. GT3 (?) alloy wheels.

Has been resprayed in White - paint work and exterior are immaculate. Interior is in great condition. An absolute pleasure to drive and a real head turner.

This car was a California delivered Targa. Big $$$ spent on the left to right conversion, with outstanding attention to detail (such as correct door trims and electric window switch location, correct rear lights, RHD mirror bases etc) completed to factory standard. Upgraded torsion bar tube to accept the 930 Turbo rear arms, suspension and brakes. K&N filter. 

Pioneer Stereo with Bluetooth. Ready to enjoy - nothing to spend.

$49,999

PFA members car - think there is a thread on it

Has this been discussed?  

Allan911wide_615.jpg

911 Carrera 3.2 Wide Body Targa 1987.

Last of the classic 911's - A 1987 911 Widebody Carrera Targa with the 3.2 engine and G50 5-spd box.

All Steel wide body with 930 Turbo front and rear suspension and brakes. GT3 (?) alloy wheels.

Has been resprayed in White - paint work and exterior are immaculate. Interior is in great condition. An absolute pleasure to drive and a real head turner.

This car was a California delivered Targa. Big $$$ spent on the left to right conversion, with outstanding attention to detail (such as correct door trims and electric window switch location, correct rear lights, RHD mirror bases etc) completed to factory standard. Upgraded torsion bar tube to accept the 930 Turbo rear arms, suspension and brakes. K&N filter. 

Pioneer Stereo with Bluetooth. Ready to enjoy - nothing to spend.

$49,999

Is that still for sale? Was on last year for ages

924 for $2650 - cheapest P-car in OZ?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/cars-vans-utes/reduced-1977-porsche-924-coupe/1092315833?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Facebook-automotive

Edited by turboT

tT I hear 2023 is going to be Year of the 924.  Grab one while you can ;)

Any idea who's?  

Its not meant to be a serious discussion all of the time & nor are we here to correct spelling/grammar. 

I thought it was a general "let's see who is the best anorak " thread.

Some very finer points of distinction are raised here  , it's bordering on pathological sometimes :rolleyes: 

Gee there are some crap cars out there ; someone must of really messed with there originality. Shame.

I thought it was a general "let's see who is the best anorak " thread.

Some very finer points of distinction are raised here  , it's bordering on pathological sometimes :rolleyes: 

Gee there are some crap cars out there ; someone must of really messed with there originality. Shame.

Yes its the commas in the price tags that are concerning me … if we were talking the misuse of …. decimal places , they could be possibly seen as Typos.

But really the blatant misuse of commas when talking about some of the 3,2, 993 , 964 and SC's thats outrageous

What wrong with the world

So any interesting cars to discuss .. maybe we can make a list of market pointers and set up some indicies to evaluate what way its trending..

For my liking.. I now see some GT3's , SC's a couple of 964's and more , a few week or should I say eternity in the prior bullish market.. yes they are still avaialble ..

And some or should I say SOME are good cars.  The SOME of the parts never seems to represent the whole or is that HOLE or in market.  I sense I whats more commonly known as the "Trough of Disilusionment" - The downward curve even

924's , well theres a lot of room for movement there , a grand gain on a $3k car is significant is it not .. and less than a muffler for most 

I think you will find that its actually 2024 is going to be the year of the 924 :-)

Numerology yes a great forecasting tool…. but can we realy consider these true porsches or were they a mistake ?

Whats to love .. please share.. or maybe again more suitable for another thread .. 924 love fest 

Is that still for sale? Was on last year for ages

924 for $2650 - cheapest P-car in OZ?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/hobart-cbd/cars-vans-utes/reduced-1977-porsche-924-coupe/1092315833?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Facebook-automotive

Does this Targa have some issues that would leave it unsold?  From the one photo it looks in reasonable order & the price is certainly not in the stratospheric realms of other air cooled madness.  

It has been discussed elsewhere , but had the 924 been as originally planned a "VW sports car" , it would be highly valued & collected by the VW community.

It's every bit a Porsche as the 914 . Look at the prices those command. For years though they were the leprous brothers of the 911.

I love my 924 , even though it has to go.