Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Perpetuating the 915 hate. Maybe I can show them how to set one up properly? Or maybe a race derived box is just a bit much for average peeps?

I have to agree......

The 915 is for the "real" Driver, anyone can steer a G50.....:D:D:D

Cheers,

Geoff.

Edited by red clubbie

I owned that 3.2 a couple of years ago although it had a rear wing then.  Needless to say I didn't sell it for anywhere near that heady figure. This is probably the only car I regret selling. Although I wouldn't pay that to have it back. To think I sold it and bought a Ferrari .....what a mong. 

Perpetuating the 915 hate. Maybe I can show them how to set one up properly? Or maybe a race derived box is just a bit much for average peeps?

I think this is called "playing to the audience"

Whenever they sell 915 equipped 3.2's Autohaus always talk up the extra horsepower of the 84's and 85's !

Edited by Peter M

I owned that 3.2 a couple of years ago.... This is probably the only car I regret selling. 

PM,

This seems to be a very common theme with ex 3.2 owners and I guess a warning to current owners to not to take them for granted. 

There is a PFA'er I know of who has had 3 and still has his 4th!

like it or not market sentiment seems to devalue any modified car. Hugh is right $100k seems like good value for the amount of work that has gone into the 964, but it has such an 'interesting' history - import, converted, blown up previous engine...all would turn most buyers off you would think. Had a look at a few ZAG cars recently - they really are well put together cars but only fetch $100k- $120k secondhand. Hughs mates converted 930 from Perth - sold for $105k, yet a good Aussi 930 fetched $250k a week later. Some would argue they are the same car, but $150k difference in pricing is hard to ignore. Another car recently that sold was a heavily modified 76 930. Price dropped to $120k. Unmodified this is $300k++

12 months ago I had the chance to buy a zag car (wasn't advertised, it was through someone I knew).  It looked great from 10ft away and had all the appearance of a hot rod/tribute car. But I drove it and soon came to realise it was just a tired old LHD converted 3.2 in an Armani suit. When they did the car they basically did a major service on the engine and that's it. I don't get that part, if you are doing all that work why wouldn't you do more in regards to the engine and performance. 

When I added up the fact it probably needed a top end rebuild, some paint work (bonnet was dented) and other odds and sods it wasn't the car for me and I didn't see the value. Obviously the car today at the price asked was good value but I didn't see it then and I don't regret passing.  

Cant comment on other Zag cars, but I wasn't that impressed.  They seem to be more cock teaser than hot rods to me

Edited by Ozvino

Not sure if this has been discussed before. No accounting for some peoples taste.......and access to cash

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/OAG-AD-12121984

12 months ago I had the chance to buy a zag car (wasn't advertised, it was through someone I knew).  It looked great from 10ft away and had all the appearance of a hot rod/tribute car. But I drove it and soon came to realise it was just a tired old LHD converted 3.2 in an Armani suit. When they did the car they basically did a major service on the engine and that's it. I don't get that part, if you are doing all that work why wouldn't you do more in regards to the engine and performance. 

When I added up the fact it probably needed a top end rebuild, some paint work (bonnet was dented) and other odds and sods it wasn't the car for me and I didn't see the value. Obviously the car today at the price asked was good value but I didn't see it then and I don't regret passing.  

Cant comment on other Zag cars, but I wasn't that impressed.  They seem to be more cock teaser than hot rods to me

ZAG are just the body works guys. You need to find your own mechanic to do the oily bits. Probably doesn't always get done

PM,

This seems to be a very common theme with ex 3.2 owners and I guess a warning to current owners to not to take them for granted. 

There is a PFA'er I know of who has had 3 and still has his 4th!

likewise I am on number 4.......and how I now wish I had kept the other 3!!!

agreed and understood - but I wonder how many of the cars are similar

a lot of their donors they import from Japan so prior lives as RWB bastard children probably has a lot to do with it ;)

But seriously, the ones i have seen and heard seen like great machines. Last time I checked they were charging $75k for a backdate (+donor). The original owner of the one you tried probably didn't stump up the extra $50 - $100k to complete what was under the paint job. Autohaus sold an an orange backdate with a 3.6 that had been done by ZAG about 6 months ago. I was surprised at how much I liked it

Spent a couple of hours upstairs and downstairs at Dutton the Sivler was a real looker :) No I didnt buy it ...

Seriously they have a lush pile of cars there..

Tax or no tax , I like their tastes .. Almost everything is top notch 

And without breaking too much privacy.. a shit load of sold cars 

So not sure they are worried about the PCar stock

a lot of their donors they import from Japan so prior lives as RWB bastard children probably has a lot to do with it ;)

But seriously, the ones i have seen and heard seen like great machines. Last time I checked they were charging $75k for a backdate (+donor). The original owner of the one you tried probably didn't stump up the extra $50 - $100k to complete what was under the paint job. Autohaus sold an an orange backdate with a 3.6 that had been done by ZAG about 6 months ago. I was surprised at how much I liked it

At the time (Nov 14) the guy was asking $55k - I think the car needed $15k easy to get it back to where it needed to be. For me, at that point in used P Car price history I didn't see a Jap bog stock tired 3.2 LHD converted car being worth $70-75k. Personally I like tribute cars but you need to be realistic about value, the foundation car is important. 

we think it is awesome.  What a car!

Beautiful looking car. Looks like its built to go..

But I'm not sure you would win many races in it. Its a shame the bite would not match the bark. A 3.0 L turbo with no intercooler = slug in a car like that.

With all that cash throw at the build surely a bit more sting is in order. Wonder if the price reflects its beauty or its claimed purpose.