Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I would love a clean late model 928 S4 in manual to stick in the garage. Are these as rare as rocking horse shit? What about the GTS, did they come to Aus? What do such cars trade at? My dad had a 928S when I was a little kid and its what got me into Porches.

Roughly 1 in 100 were manuals in the S4, I do know of a GTS black on black Aussie delivered, so they were sold here

Why would that hot rod have a Queensland mod plate fitted? Only reason I can think of is that it's a converted or imported car? Looks good anyway

Why would that hot rod have a Queensland mod plate fitted? Only reason I can think of is that it's a converted or imported car? Looks good anyway

Yup does look like that , in my experience and the recent cars I have seen in QLD you would be right .. 

Lots of enquiries. No offers. The clearance on my car is 100mm max.

Any recommendations on interstate vehicle movers that don't charge an arm and a leg?

last week, CEVA Perth to Melbourne, RX7 race car, sits very low (they didn't ask how much clearance), cost $700 door to door.  A bit frustrating when it got to Melbourne depot, battery was flat and they wanted $385 EXTRA to winch it onto a tilt tray.  Umm, already paid for A truck, how can it be 50% more to winch?.  And surely you have a portable battery to fire it up....?  They were pig headed so I collected from Brooklyn on a trailer.  Otherwise good......!

Yes Lee, you see a few of those "mod Plates" I have noticed them mostly on 928's they must relate to LHD to RHD other wise, If it was just an import a Compliance plate would cover it you would rekon,B)

bought for 45k 6-8 mths ago?

interesting money for non orig paint and interior ...shit it's an import

It's a 66

of course it's pretty it's a 912

Edited by michel

Well if I could sell the G50 for $10k then $10k is not a bad price for that. Although I really need a 3.2 so as to still be eligible for the Classic Adelaide...

bought for 45k 6-8 mths ago?

interesting money for non orig paint and interior ...shit it's an import

It's a 66

of course it's pretty it's a 912

Makes my matching numbers original car, (albeit bare metal paint back to og black with new engine) look cheap at 100k! :-)

Yeah, I'm sure that the same car sold for $45k. Not really a fan of the dash colour

Makes my matching numbers original car, (albeit bare metal paint back to og black with new engine) look cheap at 100k! :-)

Yeah, I'm sure that the same car sold for $45k. Not really a fan of the dash colour

Makes my two bonafide oz '65's a steal.

dash should be black, woodwork looks like a new Mercedes van (cheap) - and it's a 5 guage car 

but still very very pretty and as mr fish pointed out will help with carbon offsets and good dinner party cred.

last week, CEVA Perth to Melbourne, RX7 race car, sits very low (they didn't ask how much clearance), cost $700 door to door.  A bit frustrating when it got to Melbourne depot, battery was flat and they wanted $385 EXTRA to winch it onto a tilt tray.  Umm, already paid for A truck, how can it be 50% more to winch?.  And surely you have a portable battery to fire it up....?  They were pig headed so I collected from Brooklyn on a trailer.  Otherwise good......!

Thanks. But Perth to Melbourne is always cheaper (almost half the price) for some reason. I would not use CEVA again. Moved 4 cars with them and all bad experiences.