Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Re the 912:

A good way to tell if a painted dash car is an original painted dash car is by the black padded vinyl strip that runs along the bottom edge of the face of dashboard. Original cars only have this horizontal strip. While the later cars, which have been painted body colour to look like an earlier car, have the additional diagonal pieces on each end that meet up with the upper section of the dashboard - just like all post 65 cars.

I don't mind yellow exteriors...and I don't mind brown interiors...but who in their right mind would do both on the same car!

Maybe a Hawks fan?  All I can think of is wee and poo....  

I don't mind yellow exteriors...and I don't mind brown interiors...but who in their right mind would do both on the same car!

Maybe a Hawks fan?  All I can think of is wee and poo....  

'Suit collector/enthusiast and astute investor and discerning buyer who knows how special and rare this car is'

clearly you're not discerning enough Trev ;)

we hope it doesn't goes over seas, unfortunately we are losing all collectable Porsches of this calibre as they are being sold to educated over seas collectors/investors,

Properly educated people aren't collecting 80's-90s bitzers , they goes over board for originals thoughs. 

we hope it doesn't goes over seas, unfortunately we are losing all collectable Porsches of this calibre as they are being sold to educated over seas collectors/investors,

'Suit collector/enthusiast and astute investor and discerning buyer who knows how special and rare this car is'

clearly you're not discerning enough Trev ;)

Ha! I didn't even read the ad description!  Great marketing approach by the dealer... "You're probably too stupid to buy this car"

Rare alright...probably a 1of1 example wee yellow/poo brown because no one else was stupid enough to order one.

f212fd68aeca509fcdbbb675e67ce9276b0d9fa9

Edited by TrevMcRev

Wow I might just buy this car, I like '1 of 1'sss

Ha! I didn't even read the ad description!  Great marketing approach by the dealer... "You're probably too stupid to buy this car"

Rare alright...probably a 1of1 example wee yellow/poo brown because no one else was stupid enough to order one.

f212fd68aeca509fcdbbb675e67ce9276b0d9fa9

So a dilema and or worthy of a juicy debate , none of these cars  I have authority to buy  right now as the one in an one out rule has been applied by the garage stewards at home, maybe I can hide one in the car trailer !! ;)

2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 997 Series II Manual MY10 Manufacturer Marketing Year (MY) The manufacturer's marketing year of this model.                548k

Or a 

2015 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 991 Auto MY16 Manufacturer Marketing Year (MY) The manufacturer's marketing year of this model.              599k 

Can they really be that close 

Or simply your plain old vanilla but the last 991 

2015 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY16 Manufacturer Marketing Year (MY) The manufacturer's marketing year of this model.             385k    but they are as low as 350..maybe lower

How can Gen 2 997 get 250-300k ?? GT3, I have to say after seeing the 991 PDK in action its a major bit of kit 

Oh go on throw in the GT2's    

So a dilema and or worthy of a juicy debate , none of these cars  I have authority to buy  right now as the one in an one out rule has been applied by the garage stewards at home, maybe I can hide one in the car trailer !! ;)

2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 997 Series II Manual MY10 Manufacturer Marketing Year (MY) The manufacturer's marketing year of this model.                548k

Or a 

2015 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 991 Auto MY16 Manufacturer Marketing Year (MY) The manufacturer's marketing year of this model.              599k 

Can they really be that close 

Or simply your plain old vanilla but the last 991 

2015 Porsche 911 GT3 991 Auto MY16 Manufacturer Marketing Year (MY) The manufacturer's marketing year of this model.             385k    but they are as low as 350..maybe lower

How can Gen 2 997 get 250-300k ?? GT3, I have to say after seeing the 991 PDK in action its a major bit of kit 

Oh go on throw in the GT2's    

I don't know how many times I have to tell you 996 RS Symsy. :) 

Yeah.. the 991 GT3 is just a bit special (read: its phenomenal).... but really, you can only realise its full potential on the track, not that that is any different to most GT cars but there is no way you can or should drive it to 10/10 on the street... it's so many levels above the predecessors its not funny. 

Simple .....

Build a bigger garage and buy all of them ..... dillema averted! ..

Symsy, you must have a massive x-mas tree ;)

the 4.0l has to be the rarest and option for future investment? Aussie dollar set to fall again next year which will only push the prices of desirable cars up me thinks. It would also be the maddest to drive although who knows where - half the body kit would fall off driving around the streets of Paddo, but that goes for all of these cars.

What are you going to do with a car like this though? Track work next year?

If you need help with a deposit I'm happy to give you $100k for the tt and solve your garage problem all in one go :)