Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Don't know if anyone's posted this previously, but I just came across this 76 RHD 911 project on ebay.  http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SALVAGE-RESTORATION-PORSHE-1978-upgraded-to-1982-motor-/252221839245?hash=item3ab997d78d:g:RLgAAOSw3KFWeP56 

Gee, that llooks like junk to me. $12k for a vin ?

Def no barnfind with 200,000kms on the clock! I've got a barnfind, or shall I say a Garage find... My Dino 246 with 36,000kms on the clock and it's immac, concours ready so I want a premium for it. LOL

The way I'm going, it's more like 20 times as much.

I've turned mine into daily drivers, I can't stop driving

good to hear

would be good to see your collection sometime. All jokes aside pretty sure not many on here would turn down the opportunity of Dino ownership

wasn't that from the Motorclassica Auction?

missed out? ;) 

It looks like it's been flooded or something.  And I'm asking myself "why is it half hanging off the front of the trailer".

got a bit excited at getting the lump onto the trailer and forgot to stop it ? Did you notice the first line in the ad is " For Sale vin/xxxxxx". My point exactly. Buying the vin .....gotta be a big job. 

Maybe symsy should go halves 

It looks like it's been flooded or something.  And I'm asking myself "why is it half hanging off the front of the trailer".

I rang the guy today, and the reason it is on the front of the trailer is that he and his neighbour put it there so no one could just come along and tow it away. Some sort of security feature. It is also a US delivered converted car. He has some of the bits, but apparently a lot got lost as he has moved a couple of times.

I rang the guy today, and the reason it is on the front of the trailer is that he and his neighbour put it there so no one could just come along and tow it away. Some sort of security feature. It is also a US delivered converted car. He has some of the bits, but apparently a lot got lost as he has moved a couple of times.

I went for a drive and took a look at it today...it went up $3K between the time I left and the time I got there!  Been in the weather for years, the floorpans are full of water, the frunk section is completely rusted out, engine open to the weather with bits missing off it so probably full of water and seized too...

Reckons he had a lot of interest over the phone but I don't know that anyone else has actually seen it yet, and if they had, I don't know that they'd buy it!

I would like a project, but don't think I'm that game!  

good to hear

would be good to see your collection sometime. All jokes aside pretty sure not many on here would turn down the opportunity of Dino ownership

missed out? ;) 

I had a 246 for about 10 years, sold it when prices started to head into stupid money territory. They're a great car but I think if you paid $500k+ for one these days, you'd be disappointed, not much bang for your buck IMO. I've had a few Ferrari V12s since and they have a greater sense of theatre and capture the essence of Ferrari better (again IMO) Interestingly when I first drove the 911 3.2 I have now, I was surprised at how much it drove like the Dino

A week or so ago, I ran a Google search for "Porsche 944 Turbo for sale".  This one came up, for a 1988 Turbo S Silver Rose, the Holy Grail of 944 Turbos...

http://www.quicksales.com.au/ad/1988-porsche-944-turbo-s-silver-rose-coupe-2dr-man-5sp-2-5t-imp/11397012

$9,000 - too good to be true, right?  So I sent off an email, just to see what happens, and received the reply below, just this morning...

Hello,

I still have the car Porsche 944 for sale and I am ready to let it go. The car is in perfect condition, exactly as you see in the pictures. No mechanical problems, no leaks, no rust, everything is in very good order. Title is clean and clear, no accidents. I have to sell this car as fast as I can because in two weeks I will be in Afghanistan and I think I'll stay there for a while,  that's why I'm selling it so cheap. Currently I'm in a military base and the car is here with me. I can ship for free anywhere in Australia if you want to buy it. I will appreciate if you let me know your decision as soon as possible, I must sell the car in the next two weeks, before my deployment.

I attached some photos and let me know if you like the car.

Best Regards

3-1-57-57%201.jpg

3-1-57-57%202.jpg

3-1-57-57%203.jpg

3-1-57-57%205.jpg

3-1-57-57%204.jpg

Classic scam, according to my reading and BS meter, just wondering how far to go with a response...  Any suggestions?

Just ran a Qld rego check on the number plate - 17TCB - it belongs to a 1999 Mercedes-Benz S430 sedan...

Scammers, they must think people are stupid (some definitely are, a lot??).... I've a few classic motorbikes and always keep an eye out for a bargain on a sought after bike. Over the year have enquired on 5 or 6 elcheapo definite classics and every time it's pretty much the same lame details and story of sale, like above. Usually comes from a Gmail addy too. I've tried all sorts of trickery responses on them (to make myself feel better hahaha) and after an email back n forth I conclude with  " I'll pay now where do I send the money" just need the vin and engine number first... or .... I'll send money now however you want it just need your mobile number so I can text you to make sure you received it... and every time I get no response back... The last few scams I just let it go now and move on when I get the "military base or it was dads and I'm selling it for mum but I'm in Far NTH WA story"....

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2015‎ ‎12‎:‎06‎:‎38‎, spiller said:

^^^ it's very much in 997 territory, I think 125K would be more accurate. 996 turbos have risen quietly over the past 12 months. Sending my old man to check it out for me tomorrow to feel it out as I am interstate on holidays.

Carrera86

Same thought on the 997 territory ,

could of bought a low kms  8 months ago $90k 

Agreed! I'm coming into some spare funds soon and have been looking at these 996 turbos for 3 or 4 months and I think the pricepoint now for a decent man coupe like that is around 120 - 130 depending....have crept up from $100. I want to get in before they are another 10 or 20 grand in a years time... They are definitely underpriced for the car and badge they are compared to the entire 911 market IMO

Edited by sandy468
not complete