Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Ha, I came to talk about the real live eBay auctions of a 911, I'm not disappointed to find it already discussed!

The frenzy shows eBay is not a bad idea after all.

finally you blokes are coming to your senses !

The downfall of cars on ebay is that a lot of people think it's a game. They bid, and bid, and bid. The auction ends with them as the buyer, then all of a sudden their best friend's sister's uncle's cousin's dog said they're not allowed to spend the money and you have to go through it again....and then again

The downfall of cars on ebay is that a lot of people think it's a game. They bid, and bid, and bid. The auction ends with them as the buyer, then all of a sudden their best friend's sister's uncle's cousin's dog said they're not allowed to spend the money and you have to go through it again....and then again

Not a truer word spoken ....

The one upside I have found with it though is that it gives you a really wide audience .... more than most other sites on the web.

It only takes one .....

The one upside I have found with it though is that it gives you a really wide audience .... more than most other sites on the web.

It only takes one .....

Absolutely! I make a living selling luxury goods on ebay so I speak from a lot of experience

I was going to look at this a while ago but was warned off it due to fairly major rust issues. Being SA and having to go to the inspection mob, it has either been repaired well, or very well hidden, as they are very thorough

The seller and his mate apparently bought a couple of cars to do up and flip. He also had a 944 with a buggered gearbox that I looked at for $3500

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/adelaide-cbd/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911/1100061676

That IS the red rust wagon apparently. A mate in WA looked at it when it was originally for sale. He couldnt run away quick enough 

Again, the SA inspection mob are very fussy, so if it had rust problems, they would've found it and knocked it back for rego

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/five-dock/cars-vans-utes/2005-porsche-boxster-coupe/1095789035

Could be a Parramatta road special but an auto 987 at that price would make a great daily drive though..  IIRC it been up for sale recently at around 30k give or take. 28k on paper looks great value to me.

Full Porsche service History on offer to so that would be a good starting point to explore.  2005 though so have fun with the funnest of fun IMS setups etc etc 

Two ok looking Boxster S  

6MT

cp5606896813693114628.jpg?height=290&asp

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3063701&Cr=6 

Tipper 

cp5032883810040841332.jpg?height=290&asp

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3730030&Cr=8 

Thinking we should get one as a grocery getter and station car? Hard to imagine they will devalue much from now surely? Hell of a lot of car for the money. 

Looks so darn great, if only it was a rightie.. One LHD car for me is enough!

Two Wong's don't make a right. 

EDIT: "The most original".. Not so sure about LHD.. But I know for a fact that Australian delivered 3L Carrera's have only one side mirror...!?

Hi Claywong, apologies if I have interpreted your comment incorrectly, but I know of at least 9 'correct' AUS delivered C3's that have 2 (L&R) side mirrors :)

Hi Claywong, apologies if I have interpreted your comment incorrectly, but I know of at least 9 'correct' AUS delivered C3's that have 2 (L&R) side mirrors :)

backing this up, my oz 77 c3 was delivered with 2 mirrors and is very correct. 

EDIT: "The most original".. Not so sure about LHD.. But I know for a fact that Australian delivered 3L Carrera's have only one side mirror...!?

The passenger side mirror, or LH mirror for a RHD car was an option for the Carrera 3.0, should be option #261 if I'm not mistaken.

It only takes one .....

It actually takes two :)

I wonder though if the bids were legit .... seems awfully odd that the 2 highest bids have been retracted and it fell so sharply.

I'm just say'n .....

This is usually a sign that the seller (Or the sellers friend) has wanted to see the high bid placed by the high bidder.  Remember, eBay only increases the bid determined by the under bidder so you cannot determine the figure the high bidder has been prepared to pay.

The passenger side mirror, or LH mirror for a RHD car was an option for the Carrera 3.0, should be option #261 if I'm not mistaken.

Correct :)

Distinct lack of paperwork with the yellow C3.

That's what I hear also (no books or receipts).

Should that be a real problem? Seems the books issue is more about pandering too the speculator/'collector ' equation and ROI than any readily to do with the car - sure nice to have and all that but. Is it a nice car?

I don't see books as a problem, all the cars I've had from Japan never came with books. The C3 looks the goods...

The right answer is subjective I guess. Some people care about books, others don't... 

No particularly rational reason. But of course it's nice to have books and receipts that fill in the history of the car. But they don't replace a thorough objective assessment of condition. For most of us that drive our cars and don't just look at them waiting for them to appreciate, that's going to be more important.

But, having said that, my cars all have their books and records, and I like it :)

Rationally why ;) 

No rationality or logic involved.  A good car is a good car irrespective of whether there are some books and receipts in the glovebox or not.  I just think books leads to greater confidence for the buyer and that's worth extra cash.

Probably not as much extra cash as we often think though... 

Edited by Peter M

Rationally

No books to me, suggests kilometre/miles become pure speculation and that in turn reflects on the provenance of the car, which in turn is what I would be paying the money for.

But then I would also want to check the chassis number against the production number, in the course of due diligence.

Just saying a car IS is not the final word.

But that's just me.

Edited by 9er

It was meant in the context of ..... It doesn't matter how many people dick you around .... If one person really wants it, ebay is a great platform for reach and someone can always buy it before, during or after.....

Still maintain "it only takes one" (to want it, that is) .....