Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

nope, not the AH one. I've had mine for almost 6 years.

Hi Pork Chops, Yes, I made some inquiries with Porsche Oz sometime ago about the number of white GT3CS that were imported and they confirmed the number at 6. I'm told that several years ago one of the white GT3CS was written off. So nice to meet another owner

In the race team I was involved in back in the GTP/Nations cup era we had 2 white GT3CS's one as the main race car & the other as spare/targa car, from the Porsche dealer they went to the race workshop to be turned into race cars. I remember 4 white ones, I have some photos from back then...

In the race team I was involved in back in the GTP/Nations cup era we had 2 white GT3CS's one as the main race car & the other as spare/targa car, from the Porsche dealer they went to the race workshop to be turned into race cars. I remember 4 white ones, I have some photos from back then...

i'd love to see some of those photos if it isn't too much trouble. PM me or start a new thread.

i'd love to see some of those photos if it isn't too much trouble. PM me or start a new thread.

Can do.. Where should I post them?

Do you guys know the first owner of your white 996 gt3cs's? Pm me if you don't want the world to know.

Some photos are the cars with damage but nothing serious & the photos will have to be scanned or I'll just take photos of the photos & post

+1. Would be interested. I know my car was delivered to Porsche Motorsport brand new and prep'ed for targa. Alongside Jim Richard's car apparently. I wonder if my car was one of the four?

very cool

Can do.. Where should I post them?

Do you guys know the first owner of your white 996 gt3cs's? Pm me if you don't want the world to know.

Some photos are the cars with damage but nothing serious & the photos will have to be scanned or I'll just take photos of the photos & post

I sure do know the first owner, I purchased mine directly off him. Mine was Syd delivered. I'll PM you soon. As for posting photos to this forum, it can be a bit of a pain in the arse as you have to first set up a photobucket account and copy those links etc etc. i'll PM you my email address as that might be easier.

Another reason why there is no point doing your own backdate. More common than red 964's

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/1989-Porsche-911-Carrera-4-964/SSE-AD-3794829

I think its rather unfair to categorise them as just another "common backdate", when none look the same as this (or is probably as good or rare as this example).

- On the other hand there are 3 other Red 964's for sale...

Personally, I'd rather have something special and unique unlike every other TOM, Dick and Harry. ;) 

^ Is absolutely immac in and out.

I think its rather unfair to categorise them as just another "common backdate", when none look the same as this (or is probably as good or rare as this example).

- On the other hand there are 3 other Red 964's for sale...

Personally, I'd rather have something special and unique unlike every other TOM, Dick and Harry. ;) 

^ Is absolutely immac in and out.

You missed my meaning mate. Doing your own backdate takes time and a lot of cash. Why do it when you can pick up someone else's for a lot less. 

i know a TOM, spoken to many DICKS but yet to meet Harry ;) 

You missed my meaning mate. Doing your own backdate takes time and a lot of cash. Why do it when you can pick up someone else's for a lot less. 

i know a TOM, spoken to many DICKS but yet to meet Harry ;) 

Nows the time to sell up to upgrade to the backdate then ;).

You said it yourself ;)

Stop messin' around and just get to hot roddin' this car! You're not going to get a better base than this!

It's not like IB cars are that much cheaper.  Plus this has all the good gear underneath...

If I get the itch again a second hand ZAG will be fine (and cheaper)

A car built in NSW now in Victoria with SA plates? 

Nice car, yet the price is up there

Was last advertised for sale just under 3 years ago for either $59 or $69k I recall.  Hung around for ages.  Then again all 911's seemed to hang around longer then!

First time poster, long time reader here,

I'd be keen to get the communities thoughts on this 2004 997 Carrera S currently for sale: http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2004/OAG-AD-4157694/?Cr=4

Anyone know anything about this car located in Syd? Seems reasonably priced.. 

Clutch was replace 15k ago however IMS /RMS hasn't been done so something to consider given mileage?

I am in Melb so I'd like to get as much info as I can before considering to view in person.

cheers

spoke to him and he was looking for offers around the $70k mark, UK car (I seem to remember) that has had rust repairs and a paint job

Said he had a couple of lookers lined up over the weekend and I was considering heading down for a look on Sunday if it was still for sale but had a few things on and didn't have time.

looks like it's still for sale

First time poster, long time reader here,

I'd be keen to get the communities thoughts on this 2004 997 Carrera S currently for sale: http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2004/OAG-AD-4157694/?Cr=4

Anyone know anything about this car located in Syd? Seems reasonably priced.. 

Clutch was replace 15k ago however IMS /RMS hasn't been done so something to consider given mileage?

I am in Melb so I'd like to get as much info as I can before considering to view in person.

cheers

hi snake, 

i have watched this car, I think it's cheap mainly due to the Kim's on it. But having owned a 997 I think they are a great car. It looks clean but until you eyeball it in the flesh you never know. 

Saw this at Historic Sandown today, For Sale in the car park. No idea about details other than it's an SC. Looked very much like a driver rather than garage jewellery 

22855747512_34f71e2907_z_d.jpg

This was parked in the entrance road car park to the Mornington Racecourse yesterday, at the classic car rally. Same for sale sign in the back window, only difference was it's now had the Carrera decals applied to the sides.

This was parked in the entrance road car park to the Mornington Racecourse yesterday, at the classic car rally. Same for sale sign in the back window, only difference was it's now had the Carrera decals applied to the sides.

Its on carsales http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1979/SSE-AD-3734963/?Cr=4

hi snake, 

i have watched this car, I think it's cheap mainly due to the Kim's on it. But having owned a 997 I think they are a great car. It looks clean but until you eyeball it in the flesh you never know. 

I had a very quick look at it the other day, but it was in an indoor car park with poor light so wasn't able to judge the paintwork. I also didn't drive it because I had my toddler with me. Exhaust sounds pretty good on startup (although my toddler said it was too loud and that I therefore should not buy it!).  Interior looked ok and has extended leather. It is at Clayton Bespoke (http://www.claytonbespoke.com.au). They seemed ok and would probably send you more pictures if you wanted them. 

It was too many kilometres for my liking. 

On on the subject of 997s anyone know anything or have any views about this (including the price)? http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2007/SSE-AD-3663032/?Cr=20

looks a lot of car for the money. The high kms and import status will make it a complete arse to sell on though. 

I think an Australian delivered 04 or 05 997 s could be found for a few more dollars. I had an 05 carrera S which I loved. Great cars and as reliable as granite underpants.