Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

In 30 years' time there will be many oh dears amongst the 986/996/KN fraternity!

Whilst we can still enjoy classics , a $3k 928 is worth saving. I mean , if it was a contemporary Ferrari people would be all over it like a nappy rash. And it's a much better car - just they made "too many" of them to be "valuable". One day , however.

I was super keen, but "upgraded computer" has scared me a little

and oh god look at that shift knob....

This car must be saved!

Edited by Russ

I was super keen, but "upgraded computer" has scared me a little

WTH is upgraded computer? It's like an Atari - there is no upgrade. It is what it is. You can reflow the solder connection if it's a bit flaky but it's 80s electronics!

Plenty of spare parts on ebay.

Full on dreaming :lol:

Only 3700km. Only a WIDOWMKR if you are prepared to live dangerously.

The statistics around the Nurburgring etc. speak for them selves, after all Mark Weber and Jim Richards own them for a reason. Number plates not included.

They own them because they can actually drive them as the MKR intended. lol@posers! 

WTH is upgraded computer? It's like an Atari - there is no upgrade. It is what it is. You can reflow the solder connection if it's a bit flaky but it's 80s electronics!

Plenty of spare parts on ebay.

maybe it's overclocked so the fuel goes in faster? I'm intrigued now though, I'll post up my findings

Surprised this one is still there? Seems like a good buy

Is it L jet? Some guys in the uSA have an aftermarket improvement for the 944.

It is an 86 model (ad says wrongly advertised) first of the quad cams and 5.0 litre, yes LH-Jetronic.

damn I just spent that on brakes for the cayenne!

For the benefit of DIYers , and as more & more used KNs hit the market

rennlist.com/forums/porsche-cayenne-forum/451429-diy-front-rotors-and-pads-for-the-cayenne.html

As I've said before.... Cayenne brakes are the easiest I've ever done. 
Don't waste your money paying somebody else to do these. 

They are Techart side skirts...which has me wondering if it's the same red one recently listed which also had a techart front bar but the ad said came with original bar...

So I was taken to task by some for not engaging the right side of my brain when trying to give a 2 cent opinion on 996tt prices as a potential buyer based on some left side of the brain centric thoughts and actions.  At the opposite end of the spectrum, I was taken to task by some for not using enough left side grey matter by posting long sentences.  And yes, I also forgot to stick to the  executive summary. Granted, this is still a heck of a long post (silver medal perhaps for post length) However, an executive summary opinion is in bold below for those that can't be f%^&$% (pure plagiarism) reading the middle section because the post is too long.  

So I am back again to share my thoughts on your "wondering" posed in the quoted post referenced  above.   Flamesuit is back on again after suffering some scorches having just stopped smoldering after the first post  I will attempt to not repeat some of my apparent sins of the past, whilst still taking the piss and maintaining my  view on current 996tt advertised pricing and market value. Where that is reality, who knows.

Here's an attempt to engage that right side creative / emotional side of the brain.  Hint hint, there is a nursery rhyme called, "This little piggy" that I have drawn artistic right side of the brain inspiration from (refer to  italic print below). Given my new found mindfulness being applied to this post, I should now at least get a 50.1% pass mark for the sentence lengths compared to my complete failure on the first post. But with the bar high in this established institution , probably still a fail.  Markers are harder on me than any professor I have submitted post graduate work to (50.1% was good enough for me and them). But here goes.

One little red private 996tt went to market . (On car sales around Nov / Dec  (with circa 56,000kms) with Adelaide plates).

One little red dealer 996tt stayed at home in a dealers garage(with 56,334 with personalized plate in Vic similar to the business name  )

One little red private 996tt had techart side skirts and silver after market rims and the dealer one had none (no silver after market rims, but did have techart side skirts, OEM bar (common to both perhaps)  and painted black OEM twists)

This little private red 996tt owner that went to market cried  at 144.5k  what a  bargain, what a bargain what a bargain all way to their local bank branch

But not to be outdone, the little red dealer 996tt also cried  at 144.5k what a  bargain, what a bargain what a bargain all way to their bank managers office 

Charitable organisations those dealers.  Buy emotionally at market prices based on advertised prices, pay for transport, put some time into some bolt on swap overs.  Then perhaps screw a personalised number plate on the back (I'm blind, where is the front plate in the pics again), do some detailing, take some pics to attach to an add and don't batter an eyelid at not being able to recover their real cost.

Oops, I forgot, you should dare not apply memory recall, or draw conclusions based on facts or research or observations. Its all co-incidence and supposition and how dare you apply any logic.  

Two red run of the mill not very unique looking 996tt's  appear in the space of three weeks (one with SA plates and one with a  rear Vic plate)  just happen to be nearly identical in all respects except for a front bumper bar and rims.  They are both going to sell in Australia in consecutive months at their initial advertised prices of 144.5k. The second one is obviously a bargain given the current market price is 150k.  Plenty of emotive private buyers are itching at the bit and super keen to snap this example up at that price by the weekend, particularly after missing out on the first one.   If you ask nicely, do they throw in the personalised plate or is that how the price gets back to market at 150k. 

Edited by smit2100

USA LHD conversion...

I don't understand how people would prefer a UK delivered car with countless problems and in poor condition - that Minnerva blue 930 that sold, rather than this beautifully presented and driving car. - judging from its photos and description.

I would not discount a car so easily like that.