Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Market has softened and the overinflated prices are getting a reality check ......

yep - people need to do a bit more research and price accordingly. And be honest with themselves about their cars.

Auction results out of the US are faltering/falling and all Aussi price rises have been based on the perception of overseas values. Example - a good condition, low km 76 930 just sold for $160kUS at Auction (about $220k). This is a car that 'we' might value at $300k + here - but maybe not anymore.

The only factor supporting the prices people are asking is the falling Aussi dollar which has added most of the value increase over he last 6 months. But I think it is a false perception that 'loads' of our cars are being shipped overseas. Maybe some, but most of us when selling, will be selling to fellow Aussi's, so local rules only need to apply.

Unless of course you have something 'really special.' But i think Duttons have cornered the market in special cars and even they can't shift them ;) 

Not exactly purist spec 997 TT being a Tip/Cab, but a beautiful looking car for the money @ $150K if you just want a luxo cruiser. - and been on the market a good while so I think you have good negotiation leverage.  I like the colour combo for that style of car.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-3524367/?Cr=7

cp5694622217066476365.jpg?aspect=FitWith

Not exactly purist spec 997 TT being a Tip/Cab, but a beautiful looking car for the money @ $150K if you just want a luxo cruiser. - and been on the market a good while so I think you have good negotiation leverage.  I like the colour combo for that style of car.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2008/SSE-AD-3524367/?Cr=7

Is it just me? I can count around 10 major scratches on it and lots of chips on the front - really how do you sell a $150k car like that ...would need the entire side and front sprayed, may as well do the lot! Imagine how many more little marks/scratches  you'd find in person!

Bro-in-law's ex.