Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

It was for sale by a boutique/smaller dealer about 14 months ago in Sydney. I spoke to him fairly briefly on two occasions. I'm pretty sure it was listed for over $40k. The photos at the time indicated to me (overspray and colored rub down water marks on tyres) that it has had recent substantial paint/panel work. Only a bad thing for all the usual reasons. It did look fantastic with the ducktail in that colour.

Nice looking Ferrari ........... :huh:

CTS red 911 - mislisted as Dino

I must confess to not being an expert on these very early Porsches and I am sure that there is some non OEM stuff there but that interior in the red CTS 911 is just stunning. There would be a lot to like about driving in that environment.

A little more info on that CTS 69 S from the 901 Register.

1969 2.0 litre S

USA delivered car still LHD
Very early production number #24
Chassis 119300024
Engine 639003
Gearbox 7190114

Previous owner has attempted to get car into homolgation specs hence the 100 litre centre fill tank and array of lights plus fibreglass rear bumpers, alloy engine lid. Protipo steering wheel etc. car has Deep Dish FuchsGreen tint glass and porsche lettering on side all factory fitted.
Colour is Tangerine (6809)
Has done a 186,000 miles from new with a records of ownership back to 70,000 miles and 1980 

CTS red 911 - mislisted as Dino

I must confess to not being an expert on these very early Porsches and I am sure that there is some non OEM stuff there but that interior in the red CTS 911 is just stunning. There would be a lot to like about driving in that environment.

I dig the interior, just a shame they have put the later model door trim in as opposed to the earlier, period correct ones (leather strap). Subtle I know, the devil is in the detail - or so they say........... ;)

Hi Amanda, It looks like a great car but not sure if I'm the right owner for something so lovely. I guess that whilst I look after my cars really fastidiously maybe I don't do the little extra bits that older classics need. Maybe I just have the wrong idea about what the older classics need in terms of extras! I guess I just need to go test drive some more Porsches to work out what I really want. Anyone offering test drives? Lol.

I recon that car was on the paddock at the recent Newcastle all German day. I would firstly call Simon from Autowerks and ask him if he knows the car and get a price for a ppi. Then I would call the seller and ask if they would take it to Simon before you bid. Meet the seller at Simons after the PPI and Simon will take you through the issues if any. Then start bidding.

From what I saw at the German day the car was as described and looked very nice. If it was a manual I'd could be tempted to scrap my own pool idea and have a bid.

I recon that car was on the paddock at the recent Newcastle all German day. I would firstly call Simon from Autowerks and ask him if he knows the car and get a price for a ppi. Then I would call the seller and ask if they would take it to Simon before you bid. Meet the seller at Simons after the PPI and Simon will take you through the issues if any. Then start bidding.

From what I saw at the German day the car was as described and looked very nice. If it was a manual I'd could be tempted to scrap my own pool idea and have a bid.

Hi Ben, just checked my photos from the Newcastle German Day and unless it has been changed, the rego is different, or,  there were two there and I missed it.

Hope that helps

The obvious "tell" of converted mph speedo is missing. Obviously some insider knowledge here?

Not a tip fan but th car actually looks pretty good and price is cheap for a 993 aliet non vario ram. I have seen worse.

Different door pockets and basket handles are clues.

I thought it was high for an import tip,.ok for Australian tip.

Happy to see prices increase,though

I vaguely remember being told to stay away from the 993 Targa. Something about the roof parts being non Porsche and therefore very expensive to fix in the event something breaks.

Can someone please verify this?

*verified.

Is keep breaking this parts, my friend is P spare part mans, tell me.

My rating; NO BUY.