Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I had a look at the 1970 targa in sydney today...

Seems a nice car but the full window out respray done years ago, either wasnt a great job or rust is setting in again.

Every panel has severe bubbling... looks like sweat marks perhaps.. i'm no paint expert. It's a shame since the car looks real "pretty" from about 5 metres away. 

Seems to drive ok too...

I vaguely remember being told to stay away from the 993 Targa. Something about the roof parts being non Porsche and therefore very expensive to fix in the event something breaks.

Can someone please verify this?

I love the look of the 993 Targa and at one stage was very interested in buying one.

My beater, who does a great deal of work on current Porsches and concourse restorations, was going to beat me if I bought one.

BIG dollars if any of the mechanics fail. Rennlist is full of Targa guys looking for help. The car is basically a convertible with a roof that was made by a company called Webasto. Some spares are still available, however things are becoming rare. Biggest issues are the drive cable and motor setup.

Cables can get easily striped and accessing the major drive components is time consuming.

One thing that people forget is that the Targa does not have rain rails and getting in and out in foul weather can be interesting!

Still look fabulous though.................except I think for the wheels. Which really couldn't go more than 17s as the risk of induced rattles in the roof was too great.

I love the look of the 993 Targa and at one stage was very interested in buying one.My beater, who does a great deal of work on current Porsches and concourse restorations, was going to beat me if I bought one.BIG dollars if any of the mechanics fail. Rennlist is full of Targa guys looking for help. The car is basically a convertible with a roof that was made by a company called Webasto. Some spares are still available, however things are becoming rare. Biggest issues are the drive cable and motor setup.Cables can get easily striped and accessing the major drive components is time consuming.One thing that people forget is that the Targa does not have rain rails and getting in and out in foul weather can be interesting!Still look fabulous though.................except I think for the wheels. Which really couldn't go more than 17s as the risk of induced rattles in the roof was too great.

Cool thanks for clearing that up Theo. These cars are pricey enough to look after without adding extra complexity.

I don't think I've ever seen one? Any.oz cars?

Yep! Not many around. I've seen only 3 for sale in last 18 months. One was a Japan import that had been in Aus for 17 years. Red, black interior and owned by a mechanic. Was for sale for months at $32k. Another one identical was for sale late 2012 for same dollars. And another arctic silver type color for $45k

They look awesome!

Not Australia... But what is the consensus on the color? The ad says burgundy but it looks pink to me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911-coupe-/301119879715?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160

for me its one of those cars that we politely say "everyone to their own i guess"

and when you no longer have to be pc you think wtf?

for me its one of those cars that we politely say "everyone to their own i guess"

and when you no longer have to be pc you think wtf?

I was actually hoping for the official factory color name more than an opinion.

Having said that, an interesting color makes for a stand-out classic. I'd buy that car if the condition and price were right. You certainly wouldn't lose it.

this is in the usa... claims it is concourse condition but I don't think it is quite concourse...

What do we think this car might be worth??

http://buymyporsche.com/

http://buymyporsche.com/

SAM_0237a_zpsf55d9e5d.jpg

I can't comment on the value because its a bit of a mixed bag with T body and "modified 'S' engine", but I can say the seats don't look correct and the wheels look like replicas.