Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Mr smit2100

WTF. Toooooooo long. Pack all this in, go try a car, see what you think, if its too fast go C2. If its not what you thought it would be, go buy a Golf/Corrola/Barrina, whatever & stop writing all this shit, its annoying ( maybe thats your point)

Ok, yes I take onboard you views, opinion and advice.  You do not appear to have taken away with you a subtle message in my post,.  But to make it clearer, I suggest  you "actually" read this one.  Its longish , but  a taaaaaad shorter than the last. 

If you are still annoyed, after reading this,  send in a complaint to /  stir the populous in a frenzy and lobby the moderator to squeeze in some "fine" print into the forum guidelines that users who post  to thread are restricted to 10 lines and all posts must not be annoying to every reader who cares to read a post.  I may unknowingly miss that forum rule on my next couple of posts,  so contravention = offence  = barring = good riddens = no annoying posts to look at  because I am the only smartarse and sarcastic prick that posts annoying posts in this thread.

BUT SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Have you considered  that another current user or users may equally get annoyed (even perhaps be amused at the same time ) when they read a post  such as yours, that is quick to assume and offers some well thought out advice given full bottleness of the facts about someone’s situation in absence of hardly anything  being disclosed (I'm was buyer in the market for a 996tt , been seriously looking for the last seven months (first three nothing available), have a budget of circa 100k because that's all I think they are worth, haven't driven Porsche let alone a  996tt turbo, but been in a 996GT2 as passenger) and making obvious assumptions in the absence of asking  questions to perhaps get some detailed info from which you can then perhaps offer up some credible advice or opinion that is not annoying.

Not convinced your advice had / has any relevance given my actual situation based on noting the following:

No need to try (drive) a 996tt before buying one in my particular case.  I think your view on me perhaps being overwhelmed with the performance of  996tt was somewhat premature.  Based on my current situation, OVERWHELMED = feeling I got when I got out of my daily as passenger (yes in the ilk of the Golf, Corolla or Barina in terms of what the car costs in stock guise) and got into a 996GT2 (sporting a bit of additional sugar and spice) as a passenger with the same driver behind the wheel for a back to back comparison .  Not unfamiliar with torque steering on a street car, but GEEZE that was just an experience at another level.

I have it on extremely good authority that the first time I do drive a 996tt it will have already been registered and insured in my name.  The thinking will be 180 degrees in the opposite direction to what you have offered up.  Have you entertained the thought that I may feel a level of being UNDERWHELMED with boost and torque available in the 996tt in stock guise down low in the rev range up to circa 3500 rpm - 4000rpm after the first time I drive it back to back with my daily (Corolla?).  

Some disclosure and something that is interesting. My daily (Corrola?????) has been known to torque steer on the odd occasion, particularly when inadvertently seeing short boost spikes of circa 27psi going through two twins snails that are well proven to deliver over 500HP (530ps) / provide enough torque to be on the limit of bending stock rods (based on my research, and talking to people that this has happened to, their is  jack shit difference in torque levels known to bend stock rods in Megzer motor and my daily's stock rods which is at levels of circa 550 crank hp coupled with  high levels of torque (generally at mid rpm range) and high boost based on aggressive tuning /  lean fueling. Anything under that all generally rods will stay relatively straight)

PS  I never said in that post, I hadn't brought one, or don't own one, I just answered the questioned posed.  At the time, I was yet to "actually" pick one up and haven't driven one.    If I was asked if I brought one, the first sentence in that  post would have been different.  If you read the post, I do note I haven't picked it up or driven it in the body of the post.  Hint Hint , The 996tt I have purchased which got put on a truck today and was removed of car sales today

Note: I did read your post and I did note the  spelling of Corrola (Corolla) and Barrina (Barina), but acknowledge like myself don't give a toss about spelling in this arena. 

PS  I never said in that post, I hadn't brought one, or don't own one, I just answered the questioned posed.  At the time, I was yet to "actually" pick one up and haven't driven one.    If I was asked if I brought one, the first sentence in that  post would have been different.  If you read the post, I do note I haven't picked it up or driven it in the body of the post.  Hint Hint , The 996tt I have purchased which got put on a truck today and was removed of car sales today

Note: I did read your post and I did note the  spelling of Corrola (Corolla) and Barrina (Barina), but acknowledge like myself don't give a toss about spelling in this arena. 

So you bought one? Good to hear!  Trying to work out what one is missing from carsales as I didn't have them all saved... Was it a silver one listed at about $130k?

Did you manage to get it down to around the $100K pricing you were hoping for? If so, extra well done!

It's interesting that you bought one without driving one...  I think that might have a bit to do with some of the conversations here, I know the reason I suggested driving one and stop analysing so hard, and probably the reason others here have also said the same is, that even if you've been a passenger in a Porsche it is nothing like driving a Porsche.  Sure you would have experienced immense power and acceleration as a passenger in the GT2, but I think the thing that makes these cars so great is not what they do, but how they do it, which can only be felt with your own bum in the drivers seat, your own feet on the pedals, and your own hands on the steering wheel and shifter.  That is where the magic is.  I don't think you'll be disappointed!  It will be awesome the first drive, but takes a good few drives to really feel and appreciate the quirks of these cars.

Love to hear your feedback after a good drive... the cliff notes would be good, but a thesis is ok too - just best start your own thread for that ;)

Its longish , but  a taaaaaad shorter than the last. 

Nope, it's still too long!

Sorry dude/ man/ mate, but your article length manuscripts do NOT belong in this thread! Noone gives a toss about bloody torque steer in a Corolla in a 'Whats For Sale In Australia' on a Porsche forum. Go to ricer page if that floats ya boat

Start your own 'smit2100' thread where people can have a read if they feel the need (or have an hour to spare)

where to start...

1. They forgot to advertise it for a week

2. When I reminded them it wasn't even on their own site, let alone a national site they hurriedly put it up

3. When up they advertised it as a 'turbo S'when it was just turbo, and a 2011, when it was a 2010.

4. Photos look like a 4year old took the pictures with a 10 year old Nokia

5. Zero updates

6. They have overpriced it (even bloody Duttons are cheaper)

7. Charged me for cleaning the car, but have pictures of a dirty engine bay online. 

Writing this has made me think what am I doing leaving it with these dicks especially as I am still paying for a lease and not using the car. 

As soon as I get the chance this week I'll go pick it up. Lesson learned - want to get a job done properly, do it yourself! 

Pull your car mate.  It will sell it self anyway and you know more about it and can sell it better than anyone.  You can sell 964 C4's to eskimos!

Don't look if you are offended easily ( You have been warned )

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/maroochydore/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911/1104371797

dare to dream gents ...

image_282.jpg

sure smit has  got some jamesjoyce in his undies no doubt , but he's right there's only 1 r in barina

Edited by michel

So you bought one? Good to hear!  Trying to work out what one is missing from carsales as I didn't have them all saved... Was it a silver one listed at about $130k?

Did you manage to get it down to around the $100K pricing you were hoping for? If so, extra well done!

It's interesting that you bought one without driving one...  I think that might have a bit to do with some of the conversations here, I know the reason I suggested driving one and stop analysing so hard, and probably the reason others here have also said the same is, that even if you've been a passenger in a Porsche it is nothing like driving a Porsche.  Sure you would have experienced immense power and acceleration as a passenger in the GT2, but I think the thing that makes these cars so great is not what they do, but how they do it, which can only be felt with your own bum in the drivers seat, your own feet on the pedals, and your own hands on the steering wheel and shifter.  That is where the magic is.  I don't think you'll be disappointed!  It will be awesome the first drive, but takes a good few drives to really feel and appreciate the quirks of these cars.

Love to hear your feedback after a good drive... the cliff notes would be good, but a thesis is ok too - just best start your own thread for that ;)

Appreciate the post

Stock Silver / black - 2003 manual . 61.5k., Don Munro's workshop PPI seal of approval.  5 x185 +1x183 on compression and for leakdown - each cylinder classified as good, Listed at 124k . First to call the owner in the new year  and last to be in contact with them today. 

In terms of your 100k enquiry, at the time of my first post (circa 4 weeks  ago)  where I gave my view on what a 996tt is currently worth, is was not only based on the logic I laid out, but based on the fact I had one car down at a circa 15% discount to advertised price (with PPI booked in) and a second was getting close for me to consider as a plan B to get a PPI done with a 20% deduct to the advertised price.  So at the time of my first post,  I had two cars in 5 digit territory before being armed with PPI's to negotiate harder.  I didn't disclose that for obvious reasons at the time. 

I did play in the  curtain raiser game  back in Nov 15 and I played the game right up to today.  I did play poker with the owners and I didn't win the main poker tournament  (that was the Silver one in Vic once advertised at 147.5k at one stage, I was the first to call and never engaged again).  But I reckon I got the best bang for buck on what has been available and I did put my money where my mouth is and walking the talk.

That's why I called out the occupying "150k" (had owner quoting that piece of fine factual information back to me), agreed that current advertised prices are World Done mad prices and went to print with my valuation at the time of $90k to $100k (aud delivered) and gave an opinion. 

Based on what I have disclosed above,  I found every negative and sarcastic comment or piece of advice  in relation to my first post and every other post since as NOTHING SHORT OF BEING SPECTACULARY F$%^&*  COMICAL, when sitting in front of my keyboard, in my humble opinion.  (But all is good, its fun and games, but I reckon in my mind I know at whose expense the jokes on, and who has made an ass of themselves.  Perhaps play nicer with the next newbie.)

Yes,  I will share a new thread on first impressions in a couple of months after my first drive in the water cooled thread area.  (Promise, no sarcasm, not too long and on point). 

Smit , so glad you bought a car.

I guess you have fallen a little foul of the PFA Bull Riders Association , this thread fell way of track during the boredom in the market lul which started a few weeks before Christmas and much Bullshit has been landed in and reviewed , during the deep moments of conjecture .. I think I defined that word in an earlier in this thread.

I dont think statistical analysis of a fluffy market brings brings to many a state of positive feelings , remember the truth hurts and the dream is always better , however a few very few , did land some fish , but most many talked of fishing, I included.

It what you might say is having ones hand on ones virtual ROD, looking out at the ocean and from there the fishermans stories of the big catch , well Im sure you know that one.

I suggest like toddlers with few toys to play with , we started checking grammar and spelling and picking on each other. The PFA pointing sticks and the ugly sticks, didnt really have cars to poke or focus on so we turned them on each other.. I  personally quite enjoy a little sarcasm myself and this arena has fitted well with my bad typing and dyslexia.

I am similar in that I like to see what fuels a market , trends , dynamics and more .  

This thread,  Im not quite sure what was intended , im guessing was a headliner of whats in the market. it hasnt loked much like that over the past 6 or so weeks.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - I KNOW WHY I JOINED - FOR SOCIAL CONNECTIONS , FRIENDSHIP AND INFORMATION

So with that said , love to see that machine of yours on the road "WELCOME TO PORSCHE OWNERSHIP " its a great journey , I hope you become as crazy about Pcars as much as many are here.

Remember EGO 's, I think has become standard factory option nowadays, but has been a very regular upgrade option with almost all Pcars delivered with that ;)

Travel well , count the smiles per hour , stay safe and hang it sideways

Now will someone please tell me , who bought the 45K Silver Targa in QLD.. seemed like a well priced car!!!!!!

And the Plum car .. the wheels are quite nice arent they ?

Symsy you obviously had a sandpit at your school too. Sometimes you'd find a catpoo and just grab a stick and flick it away. Life's a sandpit.

Are we back into vine-ripened targas now??? I thought it was cabs? Being an "old retired professor" I have trouble keeping up with you younger fellas.

Now will someone please tell me , who bout the 45K Silver Targa in QLD.. seemed like a well priced car!!!!!!

And the Plum car .. the wheels are quite nice arent they ?

not me sir...and I suspect not Claywong or 9er...mike anyone with sand between their toes?

not me sir...and I suspect not Claywong or 9er...mike anyone with sand between their toes?

Easy to wake you up in the morning ..70's porsche under 50k

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=SSE-AD-3661549&Cr=0

If you leave plums in the sun for long enough they normally change shape into something interesting , I wonder if the same would happen.. 15k must be worth that for hotrod potential

I know a local retired chem professor with the tastiest collection of immaculate classic cars. Like all eccentric academics , he gets his hands filthy on them as well.

Yes the local retired chem professors and horticulturists do great in Byron too , they have 356's and more in their garages hills but also seem to like white sprinter vans..that drive to Sydney for drop offs...

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/maroochydore/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911/1104371797

and just when I thought "klassy" was as low as things could get...this car surely has to be the bastard love child of klassy? may god have mercy on the soul of whoever is responsible for this gargoyle 'cause they are takin' the expressway right to hell.

In a world where every second AC 911 seems to be back dated, I do not find this offensive at all. I would not buy it or own it but can see it's merits (trying to copy one of the greatest P cars of all time!).

Back dating is accepted by and large, not my cup of tea at all but each to his own, but any form of forward dating or other Porsche replication is cast out as evil. I do find this odd?

Sure it makes the car less valuable but if you want to go for it...  Will the back dating fad fall to the wayside in similar fashion as forward dating and cars become less and less valuable over the years when people seek out original 911s..... my 2c worth :)