Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

YOTC

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1997/SSE-AD-3903725/?Cr=13

If I'm not mistaken this 993C2S was up for sale at Clayton Bespoke about 6 mths ago for 85 - 90K 

It  appeared then disappeared and then appeared again on the website 

Took ages to move

Yes.  From memory, HK delivered.  Horrible dash and horrible 'pinched' plush seat leather.  Still, great looking car overall.

I do not think the 930 motor was intercooled untill the 78 model year with a boost in engine capacity to 3.3 Ltrs. And motor in said Hotrod is a 75/ 3 Ltr Turbo motor. 

Edited by tomo
spelling

Is it? I am just going off of the engine bay pics. It looks more like an intercooler than an oil cooler???

early 3.0L's were non-intercooled, that's what they look like from memory. looks like a brand name oil cooler up front which might be causing confusion?

Tomo if it's a '75 930 motor.. Would be kind of rare I thought? Experimental parts and all that?

Edited by clutch-monkey

Yes mate very rare indeed, just going off the add they really do not mention the year of the engine only the car - FACTORY 3.0L 930 TURBO ENGINE UPGRADE but i suppose they did not change them to late 77 so it would still have all the good bits you would think

Is it? I am just going off of the engine bay pics. It looks more like an intercooler than an oil cooler???

Oil cooler at the front, Black intercooler above motor not very visible in pic.  Look harder!

early 3.0L's were non-intercooled, that's what they look like from memory. looks like a brand name oil cooler up front which might be causing confusion?

Tomo if it's a '75 930 motor.. Would be kind of rare I thought? Experimental parts and all that?

Shouldn't be any confusion as the ad states it is an RSR recreation. Even if you don't have any books , it's at your fingertips! http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a8581/1973-porsche-911-carrera-rsr-data-panel/ oh noes the wheels are all wrong. That would blow the asking price out of the galaxy.

Hahaha, the purists choking ion their lattes

Are you watching me through the interweb tazzie. I've just got into the office and thought i'd browse this thread while sipping my latte (procrastinating about the work ahead of me). I'm scrolling down the thread come across the pic of that awful 911 Citroen--i stop sipping my latte, screw my face up and think to themself, christ that 911 Citroen looks like a hat full of busted a-holes. I do like my original p-cars. 

Any reason the 75 930 is still available in SA 

I'm interested but recall reading brief commentary here ( but can't find it ) 

One picture shows old style headlight washers then the next without

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

owned by Shady who is on PFA

I can vouch for the fact that it's an honest car, and shady speedway is an honest bloke.  Give him a shout.  Re the headlight washers, they are fitted. The one without was obviously an earlier photo.  I know he's done a lot of work on the car.

I think this car being available is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the Porsche community.

Anyone know anything about this?  I assume it's a fake. Got the number & tried to ring.  If it's legit I'm buying it over the phone.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1975/SSE-AD-3908792/?Cr=2

I can vouch for the fact that it's an honest car, and shady speedway is an honest bloke.  Give him a shout.  Re the headlight washers, they are fitted. The one without was obviously an earlier photo.  I know he's done a lot of work on the car.

I think this car being available is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the Porsche community.

Anyone know anything about this?  I assume it's a fake. Got the number & tried to ring.  If it's legit I'm buying it over the phone.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1975/SSE-AD-3908792/?Cr=2

Saw this when I woke up this morning and spent a good 40 minutes trying to get through, phone is either ringing off the hook or switched off. 

After a bit of googling I think it's either a scam or the seller has left a zero off the price, I found a post on pelican parts and the owner seems to know the early turbo cars very well.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-marketplace-discussion/301830-1975-porsche-930-a-3.html

The post is from 2009, but even if the car has traded hands since then, no one in their right mind would think a mint 930 is only worth 30k.

Saw this when I woke up this morning and spent a good 40 minutes trying to get through, phone is either ringing off the hook or switched off. 

After a bit of googling I think it's either a scam or the seller has left a zero off the price, I found a post on pelican parts and the owner seems to know the early turbo cars very well.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-marketplace-discussion/301830-1975-porsche-930-a-3.html

The post is from 2009, but even if the car has traded hands since then, no one in their right mind would think a mint 930 is only worth 30k.

Maybe they bottomed out overnight.:D  I thought the same.  Maybe a zero left off.  NSW rego check shows it's chassis # 0080 (of only 284 built).  You blokes lay off.  I'm buying it...