Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

spoke to the daughter and also followed up on where it is serviced. Needs a lot of TLC including interior, motor (oil leak) and paint.  Described by the mechanic as a good project.  The current owner has owned it for 30 or so years. Has some racing history by winning category B of the Cannonball run in the NT years back the mechanic also mentioned.

Hi Diamond911, did you work out if it was an Aussie car, looked like a UK, also seems to have vanished pretty quickly.....anyone here?

Hi Diamond911, did you work out if it was an Aussie car, looked like a UK, also seems to have vanished pretty quickly.....anyone here?

I'm the culprit! 

Seems to be Aust car is claiming bought off original owner in Aust some 30 odd years ago. Really wanted a manual 928 which is rare (inner bogan coming out) bit of a gamble but had to be quick. Have located a spare "donor" car for nix, which should ease the pain. Obviously not the purchase cost but the restoration cost is the issue but planning to be a keeper to enjoy. Picking up in next few days so will know what I'm in for or have bitten off more than I can chew. ? (mandatory wink)

Anyone know a supplier of "pasha" seat trim?

Thinking blue SC's and Keith and Marie,  the Shannons car at the next auction the very same one.

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2016-shannons-melbourne-autumn-classic-auction/YOT50FQ4DTE5S336/

reference to the  Bundaberg 'collector' who fixed the brakes would be Keith

Popped up the road for a look at this and the red 87 this afternoon. The owner clearly has a touch up stick for each car and isn't afraid to use them, especially on the blue car. Red one's a tidy car, 202k on the clock and looks fairly original albeit it may have seen some paint on the bonnet / nose at some point. Wears a Dansk exhaust and a fair few scratches / chips that have been touched up around the body. It's a nice looker though, perfect daily driver if that's what you're after. Blue car needs a repaint but if you just wanted to drive it then you could and not worry about it. The bonnet's properly dull, orange peel all over it. To be honest, the whole nose of the car is covered in chips and scratches that have been touched up with a pen, would've been better and less obvious if that hadn't been done. Loved the blue pasha interior though, proper old skool and in good condition, clock says it has 114k on it but from reading here that clearly isn't true. 

Will trundle along to the auction and see what they go for, while trying to keep my hands in my pockets for the red one.

Some interesting cars going through, lots of them have one thing in common and that's shit paint jobs. What is it about bodyshops here not being able to paint cars without the paint being contaminated? Bloody ridiculous to see so many that have bubbly paint.

Popped up the road for a look at this and the red 87 this afternoon. The owner clearly has a touch up stick for each car and isn't afraid to use them, especially on the blue car. Red one's a tidy car, 202k on the clock and looks fairly original albeit it may have seen some paint on the bonnet / nose at some point. Wears a Dansk exhaust and a fair few scratches / chips that have been touched up around the body. It's a nice looker though, perfect daily driver if that's what you're after. Blue car needs a repaint but if you just wanted to drive it then you could and not worry about it. The bonnet's properly dull, orange peel all over it. To be honest, the whole nose of the car is covered in chips and scratches that have been touched up with a pen, would've been better and less obvious if that hadn't been done. Loved the blue pasha interior though, proper old skool and in good condition, clock says it has 114k on it but from reading here that clearly isn't true. 

Will trundle along to the auction and see what they go for, while trying to keep my hands in my pockets for the red one.

Some interesting cars going through, lots of them have one thing in common and that's shit paint jobs. What is it about bodyshops here not being able to paint cars without the paint being contaminated? Bloody ridiculous to see so many that have bubbly paint.

bugger the P-cars. What was the french limo like?? (architectural inquiry) 

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2016-shannons-melbourne-autumn-classic-auction/J7EDW4HC71S94332/

It's nice. Paint on the roof is poor in places (split after being repainted I'd guess) but the rest of the car is in great condition. Last time I saw one of these back in the UK it was a shed of the highest order so to see this one in such good nick was a surprise.

Proper architects car, you could wind up the suspension and at least that way it might sit above the water table in your underground garage ;) #harsh

It's nice. Paint on the roof is poor in places (split after being repainted I'd guess) but the rest of the car is in great condition. Last time I saw one of these back in the UK it was a shed of the highest order so to see this one in such good nick was a surprise.

Proper architects car, you could wind up the suspension and at least that way it might sit above the water table in your underground garage ;) #harsh

Itsu Jacks looking for a staff car - I'll let him know :) 

bugger the P-cars. What was the french limo like?? (architectural inquiry) 

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2016-shannons-melbourne-autumn-classic-auction/J7EDW4HC71S94332/

Notwithstanding blah blah blah , that's actually a cooler car in many ways than a similar age 911. I should probably get one one day.

not going to get much cheaper that what they are quoting you would have thought?

Price isn't the issue. When the time is right , I may strike. Of course there will be a raft of tasty 60s auto exotica before my eyes in the next decade.

I'm into autoexotica.