Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

If it's the same Michael, he also built the engine and did the swap in Brisbane.

Still deciding what to do. It was easily one of the best looking cars I've seen but I think the play in the steering wheel and sticky accelerator pedal dampened the feel of the car a little.

i would say a new steering wheel bearing (the metal one is $20 off pparts, and 20min to put in) as the shitty factory plastic one always breaks over time..

throttle will be an easy fix also?

I like it, seems too cheap? Is anyone here anywhere near Cronulla to go have a peak for me? If so I will contact the seller.

I'm not far.. ex shire boy here.  :rolleyes:

I will go look for you depending on time.. I am away for work until friday night though

Sounds like someone had a PPI done and found a few issues.

Possibly , or drug debts?

Interestingly , even though "spared no expense" , these cars are very costly when you add up the bills - which we know is as hush hush as adding in Ed China's labour to the Wheeler Dealer final price. It's at 217, 000km and most 964s would be needing some engine work , and probably tranny too if the driver has had his fun . It's not like a 928 which can go 500 000k  :)

The entry price is an entry to a whole new world of service costs on old cars. Not many seem willing to maintain a 964 at home.

If nothing else , a bible-sized stack of receipts is a reality check when shopping around!

30k is "cheap" though.

This coffee table was put up for auction on eBay twice and if I remember there was no, or a low, reserve and it was at about the $400+ mark before the end of each auction which were mysteriously cancelled both times just before ending due to "an error in the listing".

Shortly afterwards it turns up on Gumtree for "$1500" so it does not take a genius to see what the "error in the listing" was. <_<

This coffee table was put up for auction on eBay twice and if I remember there was no, or a low, reserve and it was at about the $400+ mark before the end of each auction which were mysteriously cancelled both times just before ending due to "an error in the listing".

Shortly afterwards it turns up on Gumtree for "$1500" so it does not take a genius to see what the "error in the listing" was. <_<

Clarkson sold his (non GTS) one for 600 pounds. And that was in England a few years back, where these cars are cheap as soggy cold chips. $1500 seems reasonable but yes , the seller had been a naughty boy.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-741472

This 964 auto just dropped to $30K.... wonder what happened?

He's probably sick to death of trying to sell this car. Want's it gone and this $30k is the true trade in price he's being offered.

It never sounded like a bad car to me and could be a good buy for someone. 

can everyone else see the slight dents in the lower front corners of the doors? repair?

Given you admitted to getting sick of cars quick and selling them, I dont think the 964 Tip for $30k is for you.  The poor guy selling it has had it on the market a long time - which probably means when you want to sell it, you'll have it on the market a long time.

Just sayin....

I like it, seems too cheap? Is anyone here anywhere near Cronulla to go have a peak for me? If so I will contact the seller.

Steve, my daughter lives in Cronulla, I am through there tomorrow (Wednesday & Thursday ) give me a call on 0412 866606 if u want me to have a look.

Given you admitted to getting sick of cars quick and selling them, I dont think the 964 Tip for $30k is for you.  The poor guy selling it has had it on the market a long time - which probably means when you want to sell it, you'll have it on the market a long time his asking price was too high

Just sayin....

Fixed it for you, on the basis that there's only ever one reason why things don't sell.

Thanks GC9911 and edgy but I might keep looking, and wait until I have the cash to get what I really want not what I can afford on the day it's advertised. Like everyone says if it sounds too cheap it's probably for a good reason

I've decided to pass on Adams 78 with 968 widebody and 99 engine.

Not because of the car in anyway. It was basically perfect for me and will be hard to find another one like it in the future.

I have decided to be responsibl and invest that money into next year's business goals.

He has 2 people doing ppis this week so it looks like it will be sold very soon.