Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

2carreras, 3 930's, 924gt - I'd say they have the pic of the quality 'excessable' merch right now Pete. Making all of our cars look that bit more valuable and they know how to shift p-cars. 

I hope you're right Tom but they seem to be more Porsche museum than concessionaires at the moment.

I guess we just have to wait and see.  

My buy of the week: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-4182397/?Cr=5

UK import 993 C4 with about 104,000km for $114,000

This is the nice guy that I was talking to at Cars & Coffee a few weeks ago. If you recall my posts back then he was talking $95K at the time which I thought was a pretty good price. He's got a Macan on order as a replacement.

My buy of the week: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/SSE-AD-4182397/?Cr=5

UK import 993 C4 with about 104,000km for $114,000

It seems a great car if you like 993's and I so wanted to like this, but yet again, whenever I look at pictures of a 993, all I can see is the first of a new body form, one that, IMO, went away from the "true" 911 look. I know that some would say that also happened when the IB's came along, but I always feel that the 993 is closer to the 996 and is worse for that (hope this hasn't upset too many people!!)

This is the nice guy that I was talking to at Cars & Coffee a few weeks ago. If you recall my posts back then he was talking $95K at the time which I thought was a pretty good price. He's got a Macan on order as a replacement.

here is the discussion from a few weeks back on that UK 993:

http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/3157-whats-for-sale-in-australia-and-interesting-thread/?do=findComment&comment=167916

That's the same one that's been for sale on Gumtree for months at $55K I believe.  

it is - converted? Leem you're right stirs thoughts.  been a 4 speed Sporto and black an SS hoop oooh la la .

Though if this was a pukka 73S targa would have been gone a  long time ago 

$170k for a 3.2 or a 996 GT3 for less money.... hmmm let me go away and think that one over, its a tough call. :blink:

Think the Commodore 3.2 is slightly less attractive than the GT3 - HSV Monaro Brock Bowe Special Edition, the one with the Jim Richards handling package 

Or did someone put some fat wheels and some super cheap auto bucket seats in the 3.2

Ah clarity.. but it is air cooled or is that air heated 

Think the Commodore 3.2 is slightly less attractive than the GT3 - HSV Monaro Brock Bowe Special Edition, the one with the Jim Richards handling package 

Or did someone put some fat wheels and some super cheap auto bucket seats in the 3.2

Ah clarity.. but it is air cooled or is that air heated 

haha, seats straight out of a VH SL/X

Once upon a time a tasty  155k 996 GT3 would have has an unavailable banner on it by now , like wise a very low Kms Silver 997 GT3 219k and even a white MY10 with warranty  275k

Worlds gone mad..  Still looking at air cooled ….

Maybe they need an outlaw sticker or something to perk up the interest or a bad body kit 

Blue 968 re-listed for sale in Perth...long story and if anyone is interested probably best to PM me - suffice to say even if (!) the car were mint, I wouldn't be giving my hard earned money to these clowns. 

In essence, lots of time wasted (on my part and that of another prospective purchaser / PFA member) thanks to dealer chicanery.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=OAG-AD-13163192&Cr=0

The car needs work and the dealer needs a lesson in ethics and contract law.  Caveat emptor.

I was also involved in that 968 Paul, but with the power of PFA. The truth prevailed. Thanks Reggiegums. 

I am sure we can have a nice laugh over it next time we catch up. :D 

Edgy, does that mean there were 3 of us all with a deposit in!?  You have to be a 'special' kind of dealer to snatch a 'no sale' with that dynamic!  I couldn't believe the way I was treated - worst experience I have had in more than 20 years of buying classic cars.  The Wild West indeed (no offence intended Reggie!).

As you say, thanks to the power of PFA - happily the truth did prevail.  Speaking of catch ups (I know off-topic) but we really should do it soon...

Edgy, does that mean there were 3 of us all with a deposit in!?  You have to be a 'special' kind of dealer to snatch a 'no sale' with that dynamic!  I couldn't believe the way I was treated - worst experience I have had in more than 20 years of buying classic cars.  The Wild West indeed (no offence intended Reggie!).

As you say, thanks to the power of PFA - happily the truth did prevail.  Speaking of catch ups (I know off-topic) but we really should do it soon...

Not exactly, he kept me hanging. And thankfully I had been talking with reg and I knew all the PPI details, most of which the salesman conveniently left out when trying to put the hard sell on me once it fell through with Reg. I heard there was another deposit down, guy in Sydney, obviously that was you. :lol: 

Not exactly, he kept me hanging. And thankfully I had been talking with reg and I knew all the PPI details, most of which the salesman conveniently left out when trying to put the hard sell on me once it fell through with Reg. I heard there was another deposit down, guy in Sydney, obviously that was you. :lol: 

Always fun to be left hanging and strung along - I am guessing it's only a matter of time before you get another call, if you haven't already.  Perhaps a few offers in the teens to soften them up first!?

Seems everyone was getting the hard sell, but not much transparency - what ever happened to the good old straightforward deal!?  Personally, I think once one hears there are multiple deposits paid for a car it is a clear sign that there is ample reason to head for the hills.

Last car I sold (quite a rare 1991 RFSV Land Rover - ex-Australian Army NORFORCE) - sold to a guy on a forum after he inspected it and the deal was done on a handshake (no deposit required).  I had calls in between when he first made contact and when he inspected but I took numbers and offered to call back if not sold.  He didn't want an inspection, but if he had that would have been accommodated and any issues factored into the price (with 7,000km and over 1200 hours of army mechanics' time spent on it, I knew it would be excellent anyway).  He drove it back to Tamworth with no worries at all. 

I know it is naive to expect everyone to act as I do - I guess I like to treat people well because I think that is proper to behave like a gentleman in business and as enthusiasts, we all know how it feels to fall in love with something and want to cut a deal so you can have the rush of ownership of a piece of mechanical excellence and motoring history.

The hunt continues - any cherry 968s out there? :)