Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Thanks everyone for the lesson on MFI G series cars.

I still don't completely get why an MFI 74 can be $60-$80K more than a CSI 74.  Regardless, I'll just accept it.

So, the burning question, what is the value of a mint original condition Aussie delivered 74 Carerra (MFI) Targa with very low KMs?

A mate sold his converted yellow 68 for over $200k to put it in perspective

I kinda understand the SWB mark up.  Wild little cars. Wild handling. Raw driving. But $200K is serious money. Are yellow and orange particularly desirable / valuable original colour? 

Thanks everyone for the lesson on MFI G series cars.

I still don't completely get why an MFI 74 can be $60-$80K more than a CSI 74.  Regardless, I'll just accept it.

So, the burning question, what is the value of a mint original condition Aussie delivered 74 Carerra (MFI) Targa with very low KMs?

I kinda understand the SWB mark up.  Wild little cars. Wild handling. Raw driving. But $200K is serious money. Are yellow and orange particularly desirable / valuable original colour? 

I'd say name your price with an MFI 74 Targa, though are they that sought after? 

I too don't understand the prices of MFI Carrera's, yet even though I benefited from the price explosion, I still don't understand most classic Porsche pricing. I'm not complaining that I got in before that happened though

You forgot 'temperamental little bastards'! ;)   No idea re the colours, though an owner of a yellow one said to me he wanted to stand out from the crowd.  I'd say he's probably way ahead of them just by owning a 60's 911 of any colour!

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a 981 Boxster S, 2013-2014 MYs. All the entries in Carsales are in the 105-115k range, excluding on-roads. For a car that's been out 4 years and that was, I think, about 160-170k new (with options), the residual values seem incredibly high. 

Are these listed prices just inflated to allow room for negotiation, or is there something I'm not getting about Boxsters?

Thanks in advance!

Yes some are inflated prices like the one i have for sale at RSR Garage,to buy a good low Klms car with a lot of options and good color combinations they are selling for the $110000/$115000 plus on roads i have been driving mine for the last 4 months and will discount it when i decide to buy another everyday drive car.Regards Rob

Let's track how the quick flip of this one goes (or not) . As it's a dealer technically not a flip I guess... Was for sale on consignment at the HF a month back for $69000 and priced to sell which it did in a few days.  No service history or books aside from a few maintenance receipts over the last 3 years and a few thousand bucks spent and very poor paint with original blue showing through in a couple of couple of places. A quick respray done many many years n years ago. Quite a few very untidy little things about the car.  Now has replaced front seats or repaired, and frunk carpet (I think) and looks like a good polish. Thought it was fair to good buying at $69 all things considered. 

Image result for flipper

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/_/OAG-AD-14479735?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

1970 Porsche 911 T Manual

I still don't completely get why an MFI 74 can be $60-$80K more than a CSI 74. 

You have either been looking at very expensive CIS 74 or cheap MFI if that is the price delta. 

I haven't had the change to drive one yet, but you gotta hear one on full noise then throttle overrun.. worth the $$$ for the sound alone. 

You have either been looking at very expensive CIS 74 or cheap MFI if that is the price delta. 

I haven't had the change to drive one yet, but you gotta hear one on full noise then throttle overrun.. worth the $$$ for the sound alone. 

much cheaper mr edgy 

https://youtu.be/ZNS4G9vtlp8

Edited by michel

But it's still a 2.7L?! And impact bumper! Crazy! 

Also, unrelated, this T seems pretty bloody pricey: https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/152475129927  

No offence if the owner is a member. 

Quite a few "extras" on this car.  Twin mirrors and it's a 71, so no external oil door.  No Fuch centre caps.  Poor panel gaps.  Wiper needs an ADJUSTMENT.  Looks like black horn grilles, missing bonnet badge, black badge (thought they were silver in 71) .   I would offer around $125 - $140 k for this.

Gents

Can you please kindly explain to me why 74 MFI Targas are valuable?  What is the deal?  

I have a lead on one and was flabbergasted when the seller mentioned the price! Seriously!?!

Your expertise would be appreciated. :)

74 MFI  is a 73 RS in drag.

Gents

Can you please kindly explain to me why 74 MFI Targas are valuable?  What is the deal?  

I have a lead on one and was flabbergasted when the seller mentioned the price! Seriously!?!

Your expertise would be appreciated. :)

2.7CIS ~ 150hp

2.7MFI ~ 210hp (plus cracking throttle response).  Come and drive my MFI 2.8RSR+spec powered car Jono.

Ps. And Targa's are just cool ok, especially the Purple ones...

76 930 just popped up. Upgraded engine, but apparently comes with the original 3.0l

also seams to be missing:

original wing

original face and fog lights

original wheels 

original snorkels

Original interior

the gear stick foot plate/shroud  is from a later car

Original steering wheel

is he sure its a 76???

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1976/SSE-AD-4632298/?Cr=13

this looks nice. An import but no indication whether is was converted

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1987/SSE-AD-3889331/?Cr=15

Edited by turboT

76 930 just popped up. Upgraded engine, but apparently comes with the original 3.0l

also seams to be missing:

original wing

original face and fog lights

original wheels 

original snorkels

Original interior

the gear stick foot plate/shroud  is from a later car

Original steering wheel

is he sure its a 76???

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1976/SSE-AD-4632298/?Cr=13

Not much 76 in that 930 as you say T... the only thing that is 76 is the no brake booster 

this looks nice. An import but no indication whether is was converted

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1987/SSE-AD-3889331/?Cr=15

this might give a clue:

Note: This car has been converted over 20 years ago using all new factory components by 'Priority Porsche' in South Australia.

I think tons car mig

this might give a clue:

Note: This car has been converted over 20 years ago using all new factory components by 'Priority Porsche' in South Australia.

I think tom's car might also be converted 

2.7CIS ~ 150hp

2.7MFI ~ 210hp (plus cracking throttle response).  Come and drive my MFI 2.8RSR+spec powered car Jono.

Ps. And Targa's are just cool ok, especially the Purple ones...

Yes please! We'all have to wait for a dry weekend - if one EVER comes! 

WP0JB093XHS051212             is a U.S Car ,,still a very nice example 
W  West Germany
P   Porsche Automobil Holding SE
0   Sports Car
J    Coupé
B   turbo
0    No airbags
9   1st digit model type
3   2nd digit model type
X  USA/Canada Checksum Digit
H  year 1987
S  Stuttgart