Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

That car was for sale 3 years ago when I bought my car with the same text and the same pics ...

I remember it because I was considering buying it but at the time it was much more expensive than others on the market because of the work it had done to it ....

1976 Porsche 911 Manual
cp5445503930223595928.jpg?aspect=centere

KilometersBody
130,000kmCoupe$42,790*

TransmissionEngine
Manual6cyl 2.7L 

Private: Used | ACT

Carsales price went from $42790 to $110000 within hours.

Saw that, wonder if he just reused the old ad and forgot to update the price... because that is what is was for sale for last time ~2-3 years ago.
Also would love to know what "major" work its under going.

Saw that, wonder if he just reused the old ad and forgot to update the price... because that is what is was for sale for last time ~2-3 years ago.Also would love to know what "major" work its under going.

from my own experience , carsales will republish the old ad pruor to the changes being approved by their team. So yes, he probably updated it, then it went live, but a lag by carsaes makes it look silly 

from my own experience , carsales will republish the old ad pruor to the changes being approved by their team. So yes, he probably updated it, then it went live, but a lag by carsaes makes it look silly 

Yep this is exactly what can happen. Saw a car go the other direction (down a long way in price - remember when that happened) a little while ago and this is what the seller described when I asked him about it.

$9k full body respray? Can i get one of those please

tom I've still got some coconut oil left  over from your last one .. 

Saw that, wonder if he just reused the old ad and forgot to update the price... because that is what is was for sale for last time ~2-3 years ago.Also would love to know what "major" work its under going.

If it's the same car previously advertised and by pics it is, i  know some of the story. 

Is it a 110k car nope...  likely not an 80k car. When first posted this morning ad was 42k, then quickly jumped to 110.

But if anyone would like me to have a look happy to do so.

Edited by michel

tom I've still got some coconut oil left  over from your last one .. 

If it's the same car previously advertised and by pics it is, i  know some of the story. 

Is it a 110k car nope...  likely not an 80k car. When first posted this morning ad was 42k, then quickly jumped to 110.

But if anyone would like me to have a look happy to do so.

I looked at this car about 4 years ago, it had new paint and it has recaro interior and simmons wheels etc. It was a nice car at the prices (I think it was $42k then??) but $110, I don't think so;...

hmmm. $95k for a non running 72t with two enginges. Has an original book (can buy thise on ebay ). No mention of paint originality etc. Eyes wide open. 

hmmm. $95k for a non running 72t with two enginges. Has an original book (can buy thise on ebay ). No mention of paint originality etc. Eyes wide open. 

Just one engine. It'd almost be worth it if the car came with the matching # 2.4L and a spare 3.2L. 

This one has an identity crisis and a price tag that will test the market .... :unsure:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wynnum/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911-3-2-carrera-1986/1142968411

MATCHING NUMBERS, EXCELLENT HONEST CONDITION FOR SALE BY FASTIDIOUS OWNER. But its not honest if it's wearing a 964 party dress, now is it?

COMPLETELY RUST FREE AND NO ACCIDENT DAMAGE, NOTHING TO SPEND ON THIS TIMELESS CLASSIC. Unless you want it back to "timeless classic" 3.2 correctness.

Slays me that no mention made that it's wearing a 964 body. Someone will be taken in I suppose.

MATCHING NUMBERS, EXCELLENT HONEST CONDITION FOR SALE BY FASTIDIOUS OWNER. But its not honest if it's wearing a 964 party dress, now is it?

COMPLETELY RUST FREE AND NO ACCIDENT DAMAGE, NOTHING TO SPEND ON THIS TIMELESS CLASSIC. Unless you want it back to "timeless classic" 3.2 correctness.

Slays me that no mention made that it's wearing a 964 body. Someone will be taken in I suppose.

and WHY IS HE YELLING? ???

Don't people know that trying to read all capitals is much harder than proper case ? 

it's not an RS?