What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

"The actual build numbers for this model have been misquoted over time with official Porsche records concluding 80 Leichtbau’s were built initially. In fact there were an additional 6 vehicles. The 81st car was added on as part of the recorded end of production run on November 20, 1992. The 82nd - 86th cars lack definitive production information in the Porsche official records for their final production and delivery dates. This vehicle is chassis number 65 and one of only a handful of RHD cars ever produced."

How is it that car companies never seem to know how many types of a car they have built?  This always astounds me.  Like Hans and Klaus slipped in a couple of extra down the line while nobody was looking.

same owner since 1970

mileage12,345

Looks like a fine cherished example and the bids to date reflect this

1985 Widebody Carrera genuine M491 - current bidding US $20k - 90k miles - California car

915989-2-large.jpg

Looks very nice inside

915989-8-large.jpg

915989-27-large.jpg

Build Date 10/84 so it's already eligible for LHD registration...budget 10k for shipping and registration and whatnot - could be into this for $40k if it sells for near $30k.

If you're in the market for a M491 and are sick of waiting for a $60k example to pop up, you could do a lot worse than consider it.

EDIT : Oh, I just saw it has a Buy-it-now of $65k.  Never mind, it seems things are twice as mad there as they are here.  

If the buy it now price is $65k U.S and they get it (or close to that) then they really have shot up quite a bit in recent years...2 years ago that was a $25-$30k car tops

From everything I have followed, that's not a realistic amount. I would have said $30-35k tops.

But then turbos have almost doubled overnight over there- used to be 30-40k for a turbo and now it is 60-70k.

Alas, like all things advertised prices are not sale prices, so you never know.

I still would like to own that car.

But it brown - it would be called Mr Hanky

Brown is in!  Take a look how many brown VWs and Kias are getting around at the moment.

Rosewood metallic is a hot colour to get for Porsches.

My first car was the exact same colour as this one.   

I still prefer metallic blues and solid reds, but brown is not the social outcast it spent many years being.

That's the sort of thing I had in mind for my 67 until I got my head around what it was going to cost. Be far better off just paying the $70K for that. 

Edit: it's sold, so I guess someone agrees with me. 

i really don't think you should change anything about your car, it's all sorts of awesome as it is

I think that Porsche made the 964 Turbo "S" For the 92-93 year and was 3.3 around 81 were built, The 94 year 964 Turbo was 3.6 and some 936 examples were built . Also at end of the 964 Turbo there was a 3.6 S available do not now much about it but i think they are hard to find.

http://www.rarecarsforsaleblog.com/2012/09/24/an-extremely-rare-porsche-911-turbo-s-package-car/