What's for sale (Internationally) that's interesting Thread

what's special for this particular model?

did you not read PF lol - it's basically a Carrera RS with impact bumpers! (engine is the MFI 2.7 with the 7R) thin gauge steel, thin glass, bigger brakes, different suspension.

There are a few on here too

In retrospect it was obvious they were a sleeping bargain. Essentially they didn't have the RS name and they had impact bumpers. Seems like a good car to own.

I hear you Coastr,

In retrospect, so was the house my parents owned on the waterfront in North Sydney, before they sold it in the 60's ....

Wow, if they still had it, I would have been able to afford one of these in the future ...... oh well, it's nice to dream .....

did you not read PF lol - it's basically a Carrera RS with impact bumpers! (engine is the MFI 2.7 with the 7R) thin gauge steel, thin glass, bigger brakes, different suspension.

There are a few on here too

This car had a nut and bolt rebuild.

What would that have cost?

JZM now two 993 RS's for sale, the black UK RSCS for £339,900, and a blue UK RS Touring for £249,000. The white Japan delivered LHD 993 RSCS passed in at auction last week at £215,000, so I wonder how the market is looking? If JZM are right with their pricing, then 993 RS's are worth a lot more now than even the most recent sales have indicated. Just how long can this madness continue, and who the heck is buying these cars? UAE, China, Russia? Where do they go?

who the heck is buying these cars? UAE, China, Russia? Where do they go?

People with lots of money, into dry storage next to the wine collection.

When the US printed a few trillion dollars to fight off deflation, some of it was always going to end in hard assets. Central banks are like teenagers driving Gt2s on an oily skid pan where the steering column has been replaced by a rubber band. Prone to inaccurate inputs, massive over corrections and messy crashes.

Ah, so they do go to Margaret River after all! :-)

My wife is finding this thread very amusing.

Could just be the lovely Robert Oatley Great Southern Riesling she threw down though....

People with lots of money, into dry storage next to the wine collection.

Ah, so they do go to Margaret River after all! :-)

My wife is finding this thread very amusing.

Could just be the lovely Robert Oatley Great Southern Riesling she threw down though....

Wait till it wears off then finds out about your hidden collection of RSCS's, RS's etc .....

Won't be so amusing then ....  :D

Hexagon. Theres a thread on Pistonheads where they discuss the Hexagon strategy. It seems to be that Hexagon buy all the Turbos around, price them all very highly, and wait for them to sell. Lately there has been chatter on the UK forums about the market having topped out. Hexagon have auctioned two Turbos that failed to sell by the look of it, so the chatter might be right.

Having driven two Turbo S 993's, I cant see the S premium charged as being worthwhile. I dont like the tails, the yellow calipers, or the front bumper as much as the standard Turbo pieces, and my standard Turbo felt just as quick, so for me, they hold no interest at all. In the US they sell for enormous money, so what would I know? I wouldnt mind those side vents though, and if my Turbo ever got damaged, could put them on without remorse.

what do the side vents do? i know on later cars they feed the intercoolers but afaik 993 items are still placed under the tail

The vents don't do anything. They are not ducted to the brakes or the intercooler. They are purely for aesthetics. Rare for

Porsche to waste energy on something like this, pretty as they are.