Feeling Blue...

It's been a crazy couple weeks in the Simonk driveway. If you'd told me two months ago I was going to have 3 Porsches in the driveway, I would have laughed at you but here we are. The irony of one of them being a Cayenne certainly isn't lost on me given my anti SUV sentiment. But Mrs Simonk wanted an SUV and what could I do about it? Well, I steered her away from the Volvo and the Jeep and towards an X5 and the Cayenne. At first, the Cayenne really was just about the badge but the more research I did, the more the Cayenne came out on top and to be honest, it really is a nice piece of machinery to drive. I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm an SUV convert but it is nice to drive and it will tow the boat nicely.

I've been thinking about selling the Clubsport for quite a while as the lease was up. The plan was to get into another HSV but with a Cayenne in the driveway, there was no need to have two large cars. So then I had the amazing idea of the 996. The kids fit in the back no worries and it shouldn't suffer too much from depreciation. Being a carsales tragic, I pretty much already knew which cars I was going to go for and after a good PPI, I picked it up yesterday. What a fantastic and underrated car!!! Plans are the IMS upgrade in the next week or two, upgrade the stereo with an Alpine touch screen with all the bells and whistles, might lower it but will decide on that later, might do the Gundo Hack on the exhaust but will think about that a bit more also. For now, I'll just enjoy it.

Oh yeah...the blue. Any second hand car buyer knows you can't be too picky about colour when a good car comes along. I didn't set out to get a fleet of blue Porsches but these were the pick of the bunch when the time came to hand over my hard earned. I have to say though, each of the 3 look awesome in blue.

14553449026_7342c906e0_c.jpg
IMG_2501 by Simonk76, on Flickr

14553440356_987f9bcff3_c.jpg
IMG_2502 by Simonk76, on Flickr

14389847090_5553f06a17_c.jpg
IMG_2506 by Simonk76, on Flickr

14389870808_86d4e32ed3_c.jpg
IMG_2508 by Simonk76, on Flickr

14553403826_2d285c7495_c.jpg
IMG_2511 by Simonk76, on Flickr

14576470735_b1e8425b8b_c.jpg
IMG_2514 by Simonk76, on Flickr

14389836318_fb04484f9a_c.jpg
IMG_2515 by Simonk76, on Flickr

A man after my own heart!

A driveway covered in Porsches.

Congratulations on the fleet.

We also are finding the Cayenne to be quite terrific. Its certainly improved our motoring life beyond our expectations.

Love the blue theme, and the 911 looks outstanding with those wheels.

Now if Porsche would just build a ute so I could offload the Ranger....

Nice one mate, true to the formula for ideal # of Porsches - always P (current # you have) + 1!

That 996 looks great too, look forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Nice collection!  I were eyeing that blue cayenne on carsales too!  Test drove one that happened to be Silver and were thinking would it be a bit tragic in the driveway next to my silver 996...but having never driven the V6 one I found it a bit lame - so did the missus.  Got to be an S!

Very nice collection there Simon.

Go see Sam and Brett at Phatt Audio Concepts for the Alpine set up(and tell them I sent you down there). I trained Sam many years ago, and they are the only ppl I would let work on my car, if I didn't do everything myself ;)

http://phattaudio.com.au/

Thanks Bruce. A mate of mine used to work for Alpine and he referred me to Phat audio too. I'll be doing the install myself. Just need to work out the best source for a 2din fascia. Hopefully if I drop your name and my mates name, Phat willl give me double discount on a head unit :)

Very nice Simon. In regard to the Gundo hack or fister mod or whatever you would like to call it, in the words of Nike. "Just do it." I had a local exhaust shop do my mufflers a few weeks back and what a difference. The noise is amazing, it makes no difference to performance but it certainly makes a difference to the head turns from nearby people. It cost me $200, I removed and replaced the mufflers myself.

Cheers Steve

After having a quick look at youtube, I think this video is very close to the result that a gundo hack or fister mod obtains.  I'm still smiling :) 

Cheers Steve

What a great result Simon...... living the dream! :P

Funny how things work, I ended up with three black cars (only 1 Porsche at the moment)......lucky I don't mind washing them.

After having a quick look at youtube, I think this video is very close to the result that a gundo hack or fister mod obtains. I'm still smiling :)

Cheers Steve

Ok, IMS goes in Monday then I think it will be off to the exhaust shop to get the mufflers hacked. That sounds great.

Archived