Gratuitous Porsche Pics

Photos taken at the 100mm Certified III event last Sunday held at Birrarung Marr

The first Rauh-Welt in Australia I believe.  The color is paler than the photos show, I have warmed them up  a bit. The car itselt was just gorgeous, however the color divided opinion :P  which Its about to here as well I'm sure.

IMG_0496

IMG_0506

IMG_0500

IMG_0498

Obviously to each his own, but I really like it. 

Looks like they have already ditched the original RWB rear wing.

Nikai-San purists will be upset.

1b51dab8-0293-4ecc-831b-bc265360f2e9_zps

Depends when that photo was taken. Mine was taken  1/11/2015  :P  just sayin...

The 100mm event was erm... interesting. The spoilt brats in their Lambos and McLarens revving the sh!t out of them, causing people to scrape themselves past cars, lean on cars on display just to get close to the revving engine of the super car  ugh   clubMINI had 10 owners cars on display, we were parked behind these revving machines and had people leaning on MINIs and being completely disrespectful.  Mind you,  one of the McLarens banged his door into a  brand new M4 he was parked next too and left a nice line of his paint on the side of the BMW.. I'd say a dent too but I couldn't quite see the car well enough to tell.   When he got out of the car, I couldn't handle seeing him do that again so I ran a few steps forward and put my fingers in between his door and the M4 so he wouldnt  hit it again!  I then told him what he did, he came back with a polishing cloth, wipes his car first and then the BMW!!!  Unbelievable.

That's one weird roof spoiler?

One for the hipsters eh??

Here's some pure class...

IMG_0525

And some that probably don't drive great...

IMG_0541

I made this for clubMINIs blog

Edited by amanda

Being a lover of most things Porsche (shit, I even bought some Porsche Design shoes! Sad), purist or modified, I still like the RWB styling and have respect for the bloke, yet after seeing the photo of him using gap filler on the guards and a shitload of bog on the Australian built car, I would question how the rest of the cars are built.

I personally know the owner of the RWB car, that slate grey 964 (a PFA member), and the Subaru mentioned.

Just thought I'd give some information

Chern - the owner of RWB, chose the colour as it was one of the colours (among a couple others) of his retro bicycles back when he was younger. As you can see from the bicycle on the car. He wanted to have a very different look at 100mm because "purists" would have criticised the overarching wing amongst the other aggressive mods - keeping it tamer if that can be said. I personally wasn't sold on the colour, but it has grown on me plenty after seeing it numerous times. Chern has told me that they have addressed all the cut up areas after Nakai fitted the kit. It won the car of the show at 100mm.

That Subaru is RWD and makes over 300kw at the wheels - those wheels are over five grand new.

Not trying to defend anyone or suck up to them, just happily informing. :)

Edited by Claywong

I personally know the owner of the RWB car, that slate grey 964 (a PFA member), and the Subaru mentioned.

Just thought I'd give some information

Chern - the owner of RWB, chose the colour as it was one of the colours (among a couple others) of his retro bicycles back when he was younger. As you can see from the bicycle on the car. He wanted to have a very different look at 100mm because "purists" would have criticised the overarching wing amongst the other aggressive mods - keeping it tamer if that can be said. I personally wasn't sold on the colour, but it has grown on me plenty after seeing it numerous times. Chern has told me that they have addressed all the cut up areas after Nakai fitted the kit. It won the car of the show at 100mm.

That Subaru is RWD and makes over 300kw at the wheels - those wheels are over five grand new.

Not trying to defend anyone or suck up to them, just happily informing. :)

Thanks for the inside info Claywong :)  the cars pictured (except the 964 which still looks as god (Porsche) made it but the other pictured cars certainly can divide. Some of us just dont get the whole over-camber thing...   as for the $5k wheels,  that car was not alone.. I have never seen so much expensive wheel hardware in the one place!  Amazing! I actually enjoyed all the non-super cars more than the Lambos, Mclarens etc they were more interesting and more personalised.

Haters gonna hate...........

I find the whole 'stance' scene really ironic, spending big bucks on wheels, tyres & suspension to make a car undriveable. Each to their own, but its all a bit silly if you as me! 

Im obviously getting too old............

Since that RWB has been posted here, I thought I'd

(a) raise
(b) lower
(c) move
(d) throw away completely the bar

Here is my offering - spotted today in the Byron.   Owned by a panel beater.   Lots of love and work went into this one.

22219817673_4fef9f4529_z.jpg

Perhaps I'm selling my 993 to replace it with this one ....... maybe ..... ?

The 'held together with gap filler'  Norm?

although I'm a bit of a purist, I do love 911 hot rods and like RSR clones, targa specials etc.. Because I see them in line with the purity of the Porsche ethos.  

With RWB I see a butchered Porsche...

Anyway, I better go, I'm trying an anorak on for size :) 

(a) raise
(b) lower
(c) move

Here is my offering - spotted today in the Byron.   Owned by a panel beater.   Lots of love and work went into this one.

Now where have I seen that before? 

Oh that explains the rear wheels...there i was thinking is was just a ridiculous amount of camber, but clearly the sheer power of the motor has ripped the upper and lower wishbones from their mounts causing the wheels to adopt that funny angle:)

(a) raise
(b) lower
(c) move

640.gif