Touring Car Masters

LeeM

• 1 year later...

kinda terrible to see these sort of incidents ,,,, a lot of well prepared big dollar cars involved ;),,as an owner and driver in state club racing those sorts of accidents all ways make your heart sink ...one small mistake at the front has had a major follow on effect with a large percentage of the field ...

Ouch.  Getting harder and harder to replace shells on these cars.

maybe if the leader hadn't tried to rescue the slide?  Easy to be an armchair racer thou.

He's an ex Ute racer ( and not a very good one). Lot easier to catch one of them with long wheelbase and half the horsepower. Guess he needs to change his driving style.

Ute racing, pffft. Sooner they ditch that the better, though the new ute series will be an utter crash fest with what they're going to use in 2018! What a joke

Keep TCM, Formula Ford and Improved production (maybe Oz racing cars too) as supports and ditch the rest. Better yet, some historic racing would be great with old Porsche's, Cortina's, Mini's etc

Ute racing, pffft. Sooner they ditch that the better, though the new ute series will be an utter crash fest with what they're going to use in 2018! What a joke

Keep TCM, Formula Ford and Improved production (maybe Oz racing cars too) as supports and ditch the rest. Better yet, some historic racing would be great with old Porsche's, Cortina's, Mini's etc

What ute types are they planning on destroying in 2018 Lee .........?   is it proper light commercials like Hilux and or Isuzu DMax ??

What ute types are they planning on destroying in 2018 Lee .........?   is it proper light commercials like Hilux and or Isuzu DMax ??

Yep! Some teams are already building them. They should call it The Sheep dip cup! 

Wow I thought you guys were joking. I wonder if there'll be a Hiace cup next.

Hope so, as I'll kick their arse in mine! :) 

Gunna be a joke

https://www.motorsport.com/v8supercars/news/supercars-launches-superutes-category-for-2017-840799/

That is hilarious ,,,,,,I have a MY 2000 Rodeo ute with 365000k,s on it ........Some race numbers and remove the tool box,s ,,lets go racing .................:D:P:P Its even Red 

Just read the article at the link you posted Dual cab ,turbo diesel ute WTF............honestly they have lost the plot ,,,,I am not interested in seeing Ford rangers and Nissan Navara,s racing ........You buy those cars because they are a work horse and they are good at that ,,,, not a performance car ;)

Edited by Raven

plenty of tradies in utes already practicing their overtaking moves on the morning commute

if the ute racing is going to be realistic, you'll have to do the first two laps one the phone ordering supplies.  No hands free allowed, just like a real tradie, one handed driving with occasional pinched shoulder for the tricky parts.

they should also load the Utes up with random objects that fly out of the tray down the main straight.  Buckets, gloves, gumboots, the usual gear.

driving like it's the last lap on the first lap with cold tyres.

if the ute racing is going to be realistic, you'll have to do the first two laps one the phone ordering supplies.  No hands free allowed, just like a real tradie, one handed driving with occasional pinched shoulder for the tricky parts.

they should also load the Utes up with random objects that fly out of the tray down the main straight.  Buckets, gloves, gumboots, the usual gear.

for extra realism they can use their phone on the start line, responding to gumtree ads and then proceed to drive into someone

Edited by Russ

................................That Gold I am in tears spot on :P Eski,s,,,,,,,, dogs :D

Edited by Raven

The whole show is turning into a farcical joke. I'd rather watch the GT series

I dunno. The Comodes and Falcans were long wheelbase and lowish centre of gravity. The new ones are shorter and higher. Could be a major crash rollover fest to keep the punters happy. Haven't seen anything that good since the old figure 8 speedway days.