the 930 stays

turboT

The more I tweeked, and fixed (not me naturally), and polished, and sourced, and built up the history of my silver 930 (even the wife commented on my filing skills) - all with the aim of having the 'perfect sale,' doubts have crept in.

"do I really need to sell this?"

The cash would have been nice, but no doubt would have been dumped into the mortgage, or something equally as boring. 

This little silver car is so much more than a great investment (why sell an appreciating asset?) 

The clincher was spending this week using it as a 'daily.' Life is just better behind the wheel of an old 911.

So the OTLW will now have company. The WAGN will be on the street and life is good ;) 

image1_zpsukffw4fu.jpeg

Thank god..... We will be saved the thread hijacks of gratuitous silver 930 photos, ambush marketing etc. good decision T and it certainly belongs with its sibling in the stacker rather than the 4 ring wagon.

btw where is that photo taken its a great shot

Thank god..... We will be saved the thread hijacks of gratuitous silver 930 photos, ambush marketing etc. good decision T and it certainly belongs with its sibling in the stacker rather than the 4 ring wagon.

btw where is that photo taken its a great shot

snapped it on the iphone - just past the rocks in Sydney

"I really don't want to sell it. It's such a great car. I really do want to keep it. BUT......."

read the next instalment next week because does anybody really think this is more than another marketing ploy ;)

"I really don't want to sell it. It's such a great car. I really do want to keep it. BUT......."

read the next instalment next week because does anybody really think this is more than another marketing ploy ;)

But... what... wait, the..... you are just messing with us now Tom... subliminal messages in there somewhere......

nup chaps - like booking a trip to LA to see the outlaw, once my mind is made, its done. Movin on!

tasty 964 backdate forsale at the moment...

Its totally justified..   I mean the collateral is there..  Just convince the other half that 'if I have to, I'll just sell the silver beast'..  

Makes perfect sense to me. 

The more I tweeked, and fixed (not me naturally), and polished, and sourced, and built up the history of my silver 930 (even the wife commented on my filing skills) - all with the aim of having the 'perfect sale,' doubts have crept in.

"do I really need to sell this?"

The cash would have been nice, but no doubt would have been dumped into the mortgage, or something equally as boring. 

This little silver car is so much more than a great investment (why sell an appreciating asset?) 

The clincher was spending this week using it as a 'daily.' Life is just better behind the wheel of an old 911.

So the OTLW will now have company. The WAGN will be on the street and life is good ;) 

image1_zpsukffw4fu.jpeg

good move - balancing the books ??? 

symmetry.... 

turboT   

• fin.jpg.42fe09a0bb4bea682ac3f5c03f928753
  • FINANCIAL MEMBER
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 2 Mar 2015 · 

On 2 March 2015 at 7:21:44 PM, Fraz said:

Aussie delivered or RHD 930 must be worth big $$, Magnas Walker bought one.

Seriously mate, well done on buying one seriously cool car.

Thanks Fraz. It is a seriously cool you are right. I got a good deal. Magus bought a 3litre. Very unpredictable car but a very rare car with only a few thousand made between 75 and 77. I have seen those go for over $200,000 but amazingly a Magnus Walker one sold last October for just over $100,000 (that guy got a good deal) I love the wing on the early 3 litre cars but happy with my relatively younger model!

• So last drinks gents... Time 
  •  

symmetry.... 

turboT   

• fin.jpg.42fe09a0bb4bea682ac3f5c03f928753
  • FINANCIAL MEMBER
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 2 Mar 2015 · 

Thanks Fraz. It is a seriously cool you are right. I got a good deal. Magus bought a 3litre. Very unpredictable car but a very rare car with only a few thousand made between 75 and 77. I have seen those go for over $200,000 but amazingly a Magnus Walker one sold last October for just over $100,000 (that guy got a good deal) I love the wing on the early 3 litre cars but happy with my relatively younger model!

• So last drinks gents... Time 
  •  

you're like that Trump Wife - always quoting me ;) 

Become online buddies with the dude that bough that 77

Archived