New to me 996.2 GT3.

red clubbie

Thanks guys.....

I'm not sold on the red wheels. There is no paperwork to support them and I would suspect a PO has had them painted.

I would much prefer the OEM silver, so I am going to repaint them back again.

I can't complain about the fuel level too much....:D , as the seller had been fantastic in the transaction.

Everything I asked for information wise, he was only to happy to oblige. It was a very easy transaction.

He even dropped me back to the Airport after I viewed the car......:) :) :)

Cheers,

Geoff. 

Congrats Red Clubbie.. that is a great looking car. 

The wheels did not ever come painted, only coloured wheels on 996.2 GT3 is the RS (red & blue) and they are a different rim (magnesium).

My vote is also for silver OEM wheels. :) 

Propose a Sydney GT3 meet up when you get it. 

Hi Geoff

congratulations you will love it. I actually looked at that car about 18 months ago when it was for sale by a PO prior to being sold to RSR and then to the owner you purchased from. Car is brilliant in every way, however from my investigation I believe you are correct that the wheels didn't come from the factory in Red. 

I know the rear main seal was replaced by RSR, so you shouldn't have any issues there. 

Hopefully you will enjoy some time on the track as it is a fabulous machine. 

Well done. 

Hi Geoff

congratulations you will love it. I actually looked at that car about 18 months ago when it was for sale by a PO prior to being sold to RSR and then to the owner you purchased from. Car is brilliant in every way, however from my investigation I believe you are correct that the wheels didn't come from the factory in Red. 

I know the rear main seal was replaced by RSR, so you shouldn't have any issues there. 

Well done. 

Yes, you are correct....Rob from RSR had the rear main seal replaced. It was basically lack of use that caused it.

The PPI I had done, came back as it being a very good car. It needs a major service, which will be completed when it arrives.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Congratulations, fantastic example of a 996 GT3. I agree with changing the wheels back to silver. What are your plans for the car?

Enjoy!

Plans are to drive it. Probably not big k's, as it is a low k car.

I won't track it, but it will certainly get a good workout on some twisty roads around our way.

Cheers,

Geoff.

Hi Geoff

Well done. 

Congrats mate - welcome to the club ?

The wheels were painted red by a PO. That car was at RSR the exact time when mine was and I had the choice between (your) black car and my silver car. They were almost identical in KMs, I chose the Touring car simply to get a little more comfort as I bought it to drive not track, plus  I'm not the slimmest specimen ?

Your car is a cracking car. 

Wheels back to factory silver is easy, it's the first thing I would have done also. I had my major service done at Porsche and was very happy with the outcome. My car has just ticked over 21,000km.

Enjoy

Dave

Congrats mate - welcome to the club ?

The wheels were painted red by a PO. That car was at RSR the exact time when mine was and I had the choice between (your) black car and my silver car. They were almost identical in KMs, I chose the Touring car simply to get a little more comfort as I bought it to drive not track, plus  I'm not the slimmest specimen ?

Your car is a cracking car. 

Wheels back to factory silver is easy, it's the first thing I would have done also. I had my major service done at Porsche and was very happy with the outcome. My car has just ticked over 21,000km.

Enjoy

Dave

Thanks Dave.

I've just ordered 4 silver GT3 centre caps.....so the wheels are going back to silver.

Your car sounds like a beauty. Please post up some pics if you can.

I have never had a black car before and as I have a silver Cayman, I thought it was time to go black.

I have just sold my 1984 Carrera and that was a silver colour too....actually Zinc, but close to silver.

Cheers,

Geoff.

• 2 weeks later...

Car arrived by CEVA today....

002_zpszezh5pd9.jpg

003_zpsmip0zzll.jpg

Unfortunately for me I can't drive it for 3 weeks.

I had surgery last Friday and I can't drive it until then. My Son came over to help me put it in the Garage.

It needed fuel, so I asked if he could get some for me. He was gone for two hours.....lol.

004_zpsgoyedbj3.jpg

Safely tucked up in the Garage....

Cheers,

Geoff.

Archived