My New 944

SteveF

Ever since the departure of my 911 I have wanted to get another Porsche and I am pleased to say my search is over. Tonight I had my new to me 1986 944 delivered and couldn't be happier.

I have been looking for a car for some time and was originally focusing on either a 924 or 924 Turbo. I expanded my search to a 944, looking at both the first and second series cars. My preference was for a series 2 car (post '86 with the updated dash) but was open to all options. After speaking to many people (thanks for your time Michel, Rod and Rob), checking out a few cars, asking another PFA member to look at interstate cars on my behalf (Thank you Niko) and doing a PPI I came across this car locally - many of you may have seen it on Gumtree. I initially dismissed the car but a few weeks ago Dreamr (my car search guru!) and I went for a look and were really impressed considering it is 31 years old.  It is in great condition with a full service history and the major stuff recently done (clutch, belts etc). The only non original parts are the seat trim and radio. After a call to Porsche Australia all of the information on the car checked out and I made an offer.

Next is to get the car on historic rego before this weekend, give it a wash and polish and get out and drive on Saturday for the first official run. Actually the drive will be before the wash & polish!

Below is a picture of the car in her new home. I'll take some more during the day and post them up.

Thanks again to everyone who helped with the purchase. PFA Is such a great community and I look forward to getting out and driving with you again.

Steve

IMG_1348_zps2cdh1eoa.jpg

Congratulations on your new purchase. Your car looks really clean and I'm very glad that it has found its way to an enthusiast. Not quite 924 turbo good (wink wink) however still a fine looking automobile.

I've been with you on this journey mate for what seems like the past 2 years and I've got to say I couldn't be happier for you ...

It's a cracker of a car in really good condition. .... I look forward to seeing you and your car out on the road ....

Enjoy!!! ..... :Beer:

Congratulations Steve, sounds like and looks like you have a good one.

welcome back from the wilderness and into the P car fold.

looking forward to some more photos and how your first drive goes.

well done again, mate...great stuff.  

After driving that one I looked at for you (my first 944 drive) I love those things.

Thanks Doug. More pics to come, probably this weekend.

I'm just going to enjoy it in the short term and do little bits and pieces over time. It is a pretty original car so I would like to try and keep it that way.   Ideally I would like to eventually fix up the dash as it is a little cracked and change the seats back to the original fabric. Some cup 1 wheels or Fuchs would look good as well. The shopping list has started already!

Good work Steve!

So pleased to have you back in the fold.  Hopefully there's a space for you on the Lithgow drive of 20 May.  Otherwise we better organise something else soon!

Thanks Peter. Already locked in with Caver so look forward to catching up.   Hopefully I can get the historic rego sorted my this weekend so can get out on Saturday. Not being able to drive it is killing me.

Archived