4 hours ago, SS 3 said:

Those “total” numbers are highly speculative and very unlikely .

It goes against all information I have received from PCA.

BTW I’m not here to play tit for tat just keen to try and keep some balance on the information shared on the forum. 

Let’s wait and see what gets made public by PCA. 

No pissing contests here, but I do need to clarify what we know, and what is speculation.

The US 992 numbers come direct from a source In PCNA who has access to the build sheets of each car produced. All the data is available on Rennlist down to the options chosen on each car. That data is definitely not speculation. A different user compiles the individual vins, and came to very similar numbers albeit he has incomplete info. PCNA vins are sequential, so that definitely helps (ROW cars are not).

It’s safe to say Porsche has built substantially more 992.1 than 991.2, probably 30-40% more. That said I don’t think it matters. What matters is how many cars Australia got, that information is the part that is speculation. PCA will no longer give out the information so we’re unlikely to ever know definitively.

My personal theory is the reason PCA stopped giving out the info is because in Australia the ‘rarest’ 911 models are actually the highest sellers in terms of volume and that situation goes all the way back to the 991.1. Possibly even further if you include the Turbo model as the halo car.

Considering the great response and help I got on the forum, I thought it only proper that I update you all on any progress.

I offered $340k, which was not accepted. Apparently they turned down $365K….but this was a dealers response and I treat as such.

Many thanks to you all, for advice.

I will update on any future progress, in my search for a manual 991.2.

18 minutes ago, NBTBRV8 said:

Good luck with it.  Theses cars are going down in value now, the sellers just can't come to terms with it given the covid boom.

All cars *should* be going down, not just these. Most sellers however clearly aren't having to sell, so no market is currently happening.

Its the same for Lambos, Fezzas, and McLarens. Nothing moving, prices now static after a brief fall 6 months back.

I’ve been circling something that’s on consignment for months. I’ve been told “seller says he’ll keep it and wait for values to go back up if he can’t get his price” … I think he’ll be waiting a long time, but as you say, if there’s no rush to sell, seems like most are just happy fishing. 

1 minute ago, JWM said:

I’ve been circling something that’s on consignment for months. I’ve been told “seller says he’ll keep it and wait for values to go back up if he can’t get his price” … I think he’ll be waiting a long time, but as you say, if there’s no rush to sell, seems like most are just happy fishing. 

If they actually factor in the holding costs per annum, it’s so silly

16 hours ago, sleazius said:

All cars *should* be going down, not just these. Most sellers however clearly aren't having to sell, so no market is currently happening.

I agree… and you can see in the auction results where buyer appetite is versus the Carsales listings, another interesting observation to me is the cars no one could get an allocation for are seemingly plentiful… currently 17 x GT4RS listings & 4 x 992 GT3 RS listings 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

I agree… and you can see in the auction results where buyer appetite is versus the Carsales listings, another interesting observation to me is the cars no one could get an allocation for are seemingly plentiful… currently 17 x GT4RS listings & 4 x 992 GT3 RS listings 

And ST’s just quietly. 

17 hours ago, sleazius said:

My wallet is still stinging after the $3000 major service today.

edit: also having finally seen Ruby Star Neo in the flesh - not for me

Not sure which part of being a Porsche Owner would be the cheap part?????

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Just spent a week away with an interesting crowd - so many just walked in and bought "cancelled" orders.....
A little birdie told me you can still get a PTS 4RS......

5 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

And ST’s just quietly. 

The marketing strategy of "keep upping the price" has taken some shine off the "flippers" and I know a customer that decided to just keep what he had rather than spec an S/T......

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Appetite to buy a car sight unseen diminishes dramatically when you 1. Can't loan money for free, and 2. Won't make $50k when you go to sell.

Randomly this morning at Parra - don't think they're very rare somehow:

20240706_092529.thumb.jpg.8e0606b250edd83638c34267bd7d5d81.jpg

6 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Unless something has dramatically changed, its more likely that someone with a PTS slot has cancelled their order prior to the build change lock date. Which last I was told, last allocations are August and should already be spoken for. Things can and do change though.

22 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Just spent a week away with an interesting crowd - so many just walked in and bought "cancelled" orders.....

15 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Randomly this morning at Parra - don't think they're very rare somehow:

Admittedly from the outset, they (Porsche) did say they’ll make as many 4RS as they can in the production window, so they were never limited on number but by capacity… good I say, it means they will get used as they were intended to be! 

I’ll wait on a GT4RS MR fire sale in the interim 😹

1 minute ago, edgy said:

Admittedly from the outset, they (Porsche) did say they’ll make as many 4RS as they can in the production window, so they were never limited on number but by capacity… good I say, it means they will get used as they were intended to be! 

I’ll wait on a GT4RS MR fire sale in the interim 😹

There is a cheap cup car in Townsville by the looks this morning...

• 2 weeks later...

Recently sold over the dutch. 

Assuming you could import it, $212k NZD with BP = $193k~ at today’s exchange rate AUD $253k ~ with LCT & GST puts local asking prices into perspective 

IMG_3561.thumb.jpeg.8e480279479ea94ee0cea7b9d7e27487.jpeg

6 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Quite funny when people are asking that for a manual 991.2 gt3 when the market is saying that’s the value for a RS. 

Worse than that, most of the PDKs cars have asks around this (I did see one dropped to 299 today), manuals are all sitting at more like 380 (with one at 350, also not selling) 

2 hours ago, JWM said:

Was on my phone which can be a bit funny, but I think this is the final bid (it didn’t sell) on a 991.2 RS on CC today … another one that puts local Carsales prices into perspective as well @edgy

I think it’s in line with world market pricing… for a model that had quite a production run, it would make sense…. So it seems there’s a lot of listings that sellers likely got in at the elevated market yet don’t necessarily need to sell.