On 3/9/2018 at 8:12 PM, symsy said:

Shannons 930 Tipping Comp (Without Buyers Premium) (Non Dirty Import - Just a Dirty Colour) 

Jackaroo - 177.5K  -  A late entry but evidently an 80s wild child into Vogueing and Madonna  , loves beige , brown , taupe and various other colours Im guessing

JLD 170-180k (Must be a hedge fund manager) Newbies second stab in the dark . "I guess is the reserve is set at 200k, I don't think it will sell"

Troubleshooter - 185k - Straight shooter, a man with conviction, to the purchasing cause and very early clear call on price.

JLD was closest by using a range but still an underbidder.  I, JAKROO, would have been an underbidder by 3.5k.  Troubleshooter would have been an overbidder by 4k

5 minutes ago, turboT said:

yep

na -  spot on. Anther 10% for buyers premium  and its a tad under $200k for a good condition, but not perfect or low km Aussi car

you're right....i always forget about the buyer's premium.....I expected about the $200k mark too.

6 minutes ago, jakroo said:

JLD was closest by using a range but still an underbidder.  I, JAKROO, would have been an underbidder by 3.5k.  Troubleshooter would have been an overbidder by 4k

Congrats - I declare you Boostmaster  , the question is , is that what kind of Boost do you get with the Aircon on .. tell me Ian911 bought it , it will make my night ...

You can even use Boastmaster title right up till 9.30pm  ok .  JLD .hedged his bets it dont count but very good for a newbie and we have to give Troubleshooter a special mention of his definitive putting his balls on the line.. well played.

Till the next time gents , "Its been emotional"

2 minutes ago, JLD said:

I know I didn’t win, but I did ok ?? 

I should have come back with a firm figure 

A man to be reckoned with ... Melbourne needs some more tyre kickers , saves me having to fly in to maintain the balance.  

Coffee at Dutton for your next round of training ..

6 minutes ago, symsy said:

Congrats - I declare you Boostmaster  , the question is , is that what kind of Boost do you get with the Aircon on .. tell me Ian911 bought it , it will make my night ...

You can even use Boastmaster title right up till 9.30pm  ok .  JLD .hedged his bets it dont count but very good for a newbie and we have to give Troubleshooter a special mention of his definitive putting his balls on the line.. well played.

Till the next time gents

Image result for unhappy loser gif

10 minutes ago, symsy said:

A man to be reckoned with ... Melbourne needs some more tyre kickers , saves me having to fly in to maintain the balance.  

Coffee at Dutton for your next round of training ..

I’ll be there ☕️ 

I just hope that it is an Aussie delivered, manual, air cooled 911 in red.....otherwise it simply wouldn't be a proper Porsche (tongue firmly in cheek with my black, water cooled, front engined tipper :P but lusting after a LHD dirty import 924 in yellow)

I need to wander off to bed and sleep this win off but I'm so excited that I may just read an extra page of my 'boostmaster' pricing handbook before doing so.  Being a winner and all that, I may try to get some extra luvin' tonight with the missus but I'm pretty sure she'll yawn and tell me to go and read another page or 3 of my running magazine and burn off some extra calories that way.

Troubleshooter, you've been a worthy opponent.

It's been real.

Laters.

No further overnight rush on 930's still 16 online and holding strong on Carsales , so with Dirty Imports low $110-125k and Aus cars low at $170-190k .. makes many of these cars .. what would you say overpriced..??

Maybe the ripple effect will still happen

Shame we couldnt get some definitive 993TT and Longhood auctions to give us a good measure too hey .

On 3/12/2018 at 9:29 AM, Ian911 said:

I've been lurking for a long time and just registered to address your post. You are full of it and obviously trying to talk the car down. Let me guess, you're planning to bid ?

I've had a close look at the car, it's solid, wonderful condition to the interior and the paint looks great. IMO, this is a great colour combination for a car of that period and much more attractive than Guards Red. I think it will hit $200k and unfortunately will go above the range provided by Shannons which will count me and presumably you out. I will be there tonight bidding and in fairness to other interested parties, ignore Aircon's post

Ian, I inspected the car extensively last Wednesday and Aircon's comments are correct.  I have photographic documentation of the faults he raises and happy to show you if you wish. 

I don't wish to take anything away from the car, there were some aspects of it that were spectacular, for example:

- Sensational interior.  Interestingly, it was ordered with full leather and the usual shrinkage on the dash and top of the door trims was non existent.  Nice to see the original radio too.

- Original spot and seam welds in the front and rear sections indicating no serious damage.  Almost unmarked floors with no corrosion or evidence of moisture.

- Unmodified and nice to see the original exhaust for example.

As a buyer you'd need to correct the battery box corrosion and the rust under the bonnet seal on the both sides near the "A" pillar junction as a priority, give it a big service and enjoy.

I don't wish to take anything away from the car because with a bit of effort you'd have a fabulous 930.  I was in fact the underbidder at $180K on the phone and at that price, it left about $15,000 in it for me to recommission the vehicle to standard to which I would be happy.   The paint would have been a future project as it's just the wrong colour and poor quality.   Congratulations if you ended up with the car.

CJ

5 hours ago, Mick said:

595+ buyers fee actually 

Why oh why didn't I buy that yellow Dino back in 1981 for $30k. I bought my 1st Porsche instead for the same price. Not that I'm complaining. I've already satisfied my Ferrari urge and that is why I'm back with Porsche;)

Now someone hand me the Kleenex to wipe my tears.