23 minutes ago, JLD said:

It’s just a hairdressers car, comes with a couple of hairdryers :ph34r:

You be vey very carefull, you havent paid membership to make a comment like that .  The KKK boostmeister clan will be after you !!! 

And there is an 80s 930 kinda way of dealing with a non team player 

One day they will take all these PFA membership and give us decent photo attachment capability!!

Maybe I need to run a raffle for them or something 

I better stop now , cos the admins might come round and clip me for making too many posts and using up the disk space

47 minutes ago, symsy said:

If however the winning bid goes to Galah66 .. the said colour shall be deemed Copper Bronze forever and he can just change his PFA name to GalahKKK for coolness.  He will however have to establish his full credibility by shouting a full round of coffee or beer and opening a thread of the travels of the Cooper hero, along with taking up full forum financial membership..

Symsy you are hilarious! You are right - if i could be convinced the colour was copper bronze then maybe. However more off putting would be the fact that i would be forever ribbed by you guys for buying a car "the colour of a turd with glitter" irrespective of price! Do appreciate everyones input though and promise to update my lapsed financial membership!

4 minutes ago, galah66 said:

Symsy you are hilarious! You are right - if i could be convinced the colour was copper bronze then maybe. However more off putting would be the fact that i would be forever ribbed by you guys for buying a car "the colour of a turd with glitter" irrespective of price! Do appreciate everyones input though and promise to update my lapsed financial membership!

Save your money until they add Picture attachment functionality on the forum it aint worth it..   

Just buy it !!!

On 07/03/2018 at 8:32 PM, Troubleshooter said:

Very nice colour Rosewood, not a fan of the beige int but can't be too choosy with excellent examples like that

Of course all colours are subjective, and I like rosewood.  But the car wasn't rosewood L474 despite that being the original colour.  The car had been repainted quite poorly in what appears to be similar to Mercedes-Benz Milan brown.  If you open the drivers door you can see evidence of the original colour about 1cm inwards on the door jamb panel/B pillar where the paint shop was too lazy to prepare properly (Or instructed not to do so by the owner).  Rosewood metallic has a light wine tint of which this car lacked.   The paint colour and the quality really let the car down, notice the shrinkage under the passenger headlight and the thin and dry paint behind the rear windows for example which is not evident in the pics.  The bonnet had dreadful shut lines and the data plaque was missing on the underside, evidence of something more major perhaps?

On 08/03/2018 at 11:33 AM, galah66 said:

Been to look at this car three times now - Have tried really hard to like the colour but have decided i just couldn't live with a brown car! Its a pity as its a great car with excellent records and OZ delivered. My guess is the colour will hold it back so im going to say $170k  

Did we look at the same car?  Excellent records.........seriously?  The car comes with just one receipt over its 36 year life!  That being for an oil change and front wheel bearing work last December 2017.  The rest consists of stamps in the service book of which the period from 2004 to 2017 contains NOTHING!  Not even an owners log book of oil changes.  Bizarre.      

Incidentally, I owned a sister car to this in the 80s. Liked the colour, and had no trouble selling it for a good price at the time.

http://pless.com.au/cars/new/porsche930brown/index.htm

12 hours ago, Aircon said:

Of course all colours are subjective, and I like rosewood.  But the car wasn't rosewood L474 despite that being the original colour.  The car had been repainted quite poorly in what appears to be similar to Mercedes-Benz Milan brown.  If you open the drivers door you can see evidence of the original colour about 1cm inwards on the door jamb panel/B pillar where the paint shop was too lazy to prepare properly (Or instructed not to do so by the owner).  Rosewood metallic has a light wine tint of which this car lacked.   The paint colour and the quality really let the car down, notice the shrinkage under the passenger headlight and the thin and dry paint behind the rear windows for example which is not evident in the pics.  The bonnet had dreadful shut lines and the data plaque was missing on the underside, evidence of something more major perhaps?

Did we look at the same car?  Excellent records.........seriously?  The car comes with just one receipt over its 36 year life!  That being for an oil change and front wheel bearing work last December 2017.  The rest consists of stamps in the service book of which the period from 2004 to 2017 contains NOTHING!  Not even an owners log book of oil changes.  Bizarre.      

Incidentally, I owned a sister car to this in the 80s. Liked the colour, and had no trouble selling it for a good price at the time.

http://pless.com.au/cars/new/porsche930brown/index.htm

I've been lurking for a long time and just registered to address your post. You are full of it and obviously trying to talk the car down. Let me guess, you're planning to bid ?

I've had a close look at the car, it's solid, wonderful condition to the interior and the paint looks great. IMO, this is a great colour combination for a car of that period and much more attractive than Guards Red. I think it will hit $200k and unfortunately will go above the range provided by Shannons which will count me and presumably you out. I will be there tonight bidding and in fairness to other interested parties, ignore Aircon's post

31 minutes ago, Ian911 said:

I've been lurking for a long time and just registered to address your post. You are full of it and obviously trying to talk the car down. Let me guess, you're planning to bid ?

I've had a close look at the car, it's solid, wonderful condition to the interior and the paint looks great. IMO, this is a great colour combination for a car of that period and much more attractive than Guards Red. I think it will hit $200k and unfortunately will go above the range provided by Shannons which will count me and presumably you out. I will be there tonight bidding and in fairness to other interested parties, ignore Aircon's post

Perhaps you could directly address aircons points ?

1 hour ago, Ian911 said:

You are full of it and obviously trying to talk the car down.?

Its called fun and a joke...its a way to get the would be keyboard warriors and speculators, to actually vIrtually put their money where their mouth is. You are very welcome to join , if you read the many market place threads , you will see the bullshit talk/comment to purchase ratio of this group is pretty crap.  The rate of commentary and its quality and thats a word I use lightly , light brown actually , changes very based upon significant market factors like when people are bored or there are bugger all cars for us to discuss..   

Please note we didnt put shit on James P Red 930, but many of us probably did it to him in person and then retracted when he suggested to race us, for rego docs to backup our statements ;)

If your a buyer , happy bidding . Welcome ..fellow physical tyre kicker.. glad to see you get off your bum from behind that chair and like me and go take a look.  If you buy we invite you to start the Copper Bronze, Brown Rosewood thread.

I noticed Magnus just posted a picture of his on his FBook page , I  reckon Shannons paid him. 

Hopefully our thread will have effect and potential market downturn and will be in your favour. Be careful Galah is a secret admirer, we all know it !

Sounds like you and Aircon should have a race for at least Financial Membership fees...and donate to PFA,  god knows we need the money for storage , picture functionality and bandwidth.  I have worked for two full days , only taking my birthday off to keep the interest high in these old cars.

Remember the colour in photos can be very deceiving. Take my 930 for example. Have a look at the photos of my 930 for sale here http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1980-porsche-930-turbo/

Now go to the "introduction thread" on our forum, page 52 and the post by ANF ( he posted it for me as I'm still having problems with google photos) and check that photo out. That is a lot closer to the actual colour. Both photo's taken inside but 2 totally different looking colours.

Mine is officially tobacco brown (although I call it bong water brown:lol:). Check google out and you will see what I mean.

All you would be 930 buyers. Forget your boring old silver, red, black, rosewood 930's. Bong water brown 930 is the only colour to have;)

30 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Bong water brown 930 is the only colour to have;)

Those colours are affected by the yellow in the tungsten lamps or the blue in the led used .. if you use try true daylight like in any other avid hydroponic horticultrist , you can see the colours pop :) 

3legs after this Auction we will get you outta that cool car into another dont worry the PFA marketing machine at your service .. we will get you on facebook and instaglam also .. Where is @turboT , help a brother out will ya ..

http://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/1980-porsche-930-turbo/

1 hour ago, 3legs said:

All you would be 930 buyers. Forget your boring old silver, red, black, rosewood 930's. Bong water brown 930 is the only colour to have;)

I thought Arrow Blue was the only colour to have.......oh, that's right, there is only one (original) Arrow Blue 930 in Australia to have.

:Chuckle2:

@3legs car is a cracker. I've kicked it's tyres and licked it's windows coupla times. I'm not much a 'Brown' devotee (mum forced me to wear brown cord jeans back in the 70's, so maybe I'm still scarred by that), but this 930 looks amazing in the flesh. 

All these discussions on values and colours is moot, unless you actually look at a particular car in person.  Didn't think I liked Petrol Blue until I saw Angus' new ride in the flesh too, now I absolutely love it (its the original colour of my car too), same as @3legs car. I prefer Silver to any other colour in the 911 spectrum, yet I know some who hate it, so beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Whether others think the same doesn't really matter

2 hours ago, galah66 said:

I will be there and can provide some commentary - assuming i don't fall asleep during the number plate sales!    

Galah.. make sure you wear white rose for PFA peace .. hopefully Ian and a few others will give your the customary PFA hug regardless of whom bids.  It is after all beyond our swagger , online bullshit banter and never ending discussing of value , the thing that sets us as PFAer apart from the Polo Shirted Porsche Club  firm handshake formalities.

Good luck all,  on your tipping , I eagerly await resolution of who has the best wet finger in the air of the measure of the current limp market.  

Shit if my guesses are accurate ..it might align with my investment in 997.1 GT3 that have dipped from a healthy 240k and eyeball bleeding 188k carsales offering. 

Im going to go for a drive now , boost one up and ring the others normally aspirated 8k+RPM neck whilst I wait for the result.

My number on the 930 is looking good if the stupid prices on the number plates has any incite into the bidding fever in the room tonight

389 is a great penfolds drop but $155k plus premium for right to display a plate WTF!!!

2 minutes ago, Tips said:

My number on the 930 is looking good if the stupid prices on the number plates has any incite into the bidding fever in the room tonight

389 is a great penfolds drop but $155k plus premium for right to display a plate WTF!!!

Yep way over the top on plates so far. Certainly is a feeding frenzy.