996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

18 minutes ago, D2000 said:

@reggiegums High 50s maybe early 60s sounds about right. The one I linked above was similar including aero kit but no x51 and it has sold in a couple of days at a $48k asking. So presumably strong demand at that level. Add some more for the X51. And you can’t really argue with @Troubleshooter‘s actual data

Did you find out anymore details on the aerokit car?

Anyone here pick it up?

Cheers,

Dave.

I was keen on inspecting the aerokit car but timing off by a week. Good service history, aftermarket suspension for track days, no engine mods, non factory optioned genuine aero fitted early in cars history. 3rd or 4th owner.

Interstate buyer got to it...which means there was limited local interest in Melbourne. 

A good buy for the new owner if no surprises are uncovered on the drive home!

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, Gas said:

I was keen on inspecting the aerokit car but timing off by a week. Good service history, aftermarket suspension for track days, no engine mods, non factory optioned genuine aero fitted early in cars history. 3rd or 4th owner.

Interstate buyer got to it...which means there was limited local interest in Melbourne. 

A good buy for the new owner if no surprises are uncovered on the drive home!

Heard it was a lot rougher than it appeared. Non factory kit and wheels with track mods.

However at $48K it was keenly priced.

Cheers,

Dave.

I was curious as to why there were no interior shots, maybe that's why...

Anyway can be brought back to excellent if you put in the TLC... And cash haha 

What were the track mods? LWFW? Weld in cage? That's all I can think of that are track specific and compromises drivability.

Unless it had mono ball suspension parts which is unlikely. 

56 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

I was curious as to why there were no interior shots, maybe that's why...

Anyway can be brought back to excellent if you put in the TLC... And cash haha 

What were the track mods? LWFW? Weld in cage? That's all I can think of that are track specific and compromises drivability.

Unless it had mono ball suspension parts which is unlikely. 

Yeah, understand interior was a little rough.

Track mods were lowered suspension and extended sump. Evidence of accident repair at rear also.

Cheers,

Dave.

5 minutes ago, disco said:

Yeah, understand interior was a little rough.

Track mods were lowered suspension and extended sump. Evidence of accident repair at rear also.

Cheers,

Dave.

Ahh yes, based on that I'd agree.

Deep sump is definitely a track mod! 

14 hours ago, Clarkie said:

Btw.  I did buy David’s car :) 

just wanted to have it in my hands before I posted anything. 

C4BB5DC5-D89C-452F-84EE-D1865B4DA7C1.jpg

I would have if I was in the market, that’s such a great looking car

2 hours ago, Bluegus73 said:

Anyone see this come up for sale?? Then go quickly?? Or is it a quirk in carsales?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5493894

I think it got mentioned on here it was a little rough on the inside but seems to have been snapped up.

On 6/12/2018 at 9:03 PM, PhilH said:

Last service (minor) late 2016 at 65k. Nothing since. Owner said " not done coz not due yet" .

Did you find out anything else about this car by chance?

Not huge amounts kicking around for sale on CS at the moment a couple that have been pimped up with wings but other than that not many standard coupes around.Good honest cars with full service history seem to be thin on the ground at the moment quite a few with partial service history which seems a bit odd.

On 3/10/2018 at 9:53 PM, Troubleshooter said:

There is certainly a lack of Carreras ever on sale with the 5 or 6 main factory options one would prefer to have.

Trobleshooter, can you please elaborate on what these are, as I'm a newbie to the 996?

TIA.

On 25/06/2018 at 11:43, Renz said:

Trobleshooter, can you please elaborate on what these are, as I'm a newbie to the 996?

TIA.

""There is certainly a lack of Carreras ever on sale with the 5 or 6 main factory options one would prefer to have. I've seen hardly any evidence that new buyers optioned up these cars much. This differs hugely from the 997's""

That was the context I was referring it to. "Main options" meaning the options you'd usually like to see ticked on the sales slip. - 030 suspension, sports exhaust, sports seats, full leather package, sports rims, short shift, sports dials Sports steering wheel etc.... compared also to 997's that often have Sports chrono plus, PASM, PCM Satnav, along with the other standard S options of widebody and S brakes....

22 hours ago, Morpheus said:

Anyone know anything about this car?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5448169

seems like it’s been up for a while - which seems odd for a manual C2.

EDIT: Gone now - disregard.

That did seem to hang around for a while and was keenly priced.

Only 2 C2 manual coupes available out of 59 996's for sale.

cheers,

Dave.