996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

10 hours ago, Trimar666 said:

Rego check showed the compliance year 2013.

Well done Trimar - not mentioned in ad, as many import ads don't, strategy to get the buyer on the blower first then mention it while in convo .... hard to price targas as they're aren't many of them and if a lover wants one they will pay. More discount penalty for the babypoo int than the import factor☺️

You could make the baby poo more subtle by at least changing a few interior trim bits if you're not precious about complete build sheet originality (or you could just keep the replaced bits too).

You could easily source: side and upper dash vents, door panels, seats and console. Everything else would be much harder to find (like the rear panels) as they are specific to the Targa...

hehe nothing wrong with baby poo.. u definitely get use to it after awhile and it doesn't look as "pooish" in real.. more Tan/beige, hehe i'm biased :)

Interesting thing about that targa is the mishmash of black and tan, i found that a little wierd, normally it's either full baby poo, or a few trimmings in black. a little inverse of what it has.

The singular thing i don't personally like about the targa's is the rear C panel connection of the car, never understood why they didn't just do a normal coupe with a huge sunroof, rather it looks like they got a convertible and attached the bits to make it the targa. (which is traditionally done i guess)

1 hour ago, quasio said:

The singular thing i don't personally like about the targa's is the rear C panel connection of the car, never understood why they didn't just do a normal coupe with a huge sunroof, rather it looks like they got a convertible and attached the bits to make it the targa. (which is traditionally done i guess)

Can't agree with you more. The whole treatment of the C pillar is just 'odd' in my eyes. It should have been like a coupe with just the long glass roof. I guess it was a point of distinction for the Targa.

It's a little unfortunate, as in my eyes, much like BMW has their signature 'Hofmeister kink' at the C pillar, the 911 has always had it's DNA and lineage identifiable with that 'C pillar' curve that you find on the coupes. 

Cheers,

Dave.

They've very cunningly managed to highlight all of the least attractive parts of the 996 interior. But you're right Dan a few swaps here and there would improve things dramatically. Hope somebody does...at the moment it's giving credence to the 'I like the 996 but can't stand the interior' moanings. 

6 minutes ago, disco said:

Can't agree with you more. The whole treatment of the C pillar is just 'odd' in my eyes. It should have been like a coupe with just the long glass roof. I guess it was a point of distinction for the Targa.

It's a little unfortunate, as in my eyes, much like BMW has their signature 'Hofmeister kink' at the C pillar, the 911 has always had it's DNA and lineage identifiable with that 'C pillar' curve that you find on the coupes. 

Cheers,

Dave.

In fact its so recognisable its a registered trademark! Read that on a model car box, ill see if I can find the exact wording that was on it.

Actually I had a look at that $48.5K Targa and I don't think it's bad for the money at all. Other than the IMS not being upgraded, the car presents very well.

I might be flamed for this, but I don't mind the interior. If it was a Ferrari then it would be the best option interior to have. The tan leather look smart imho.

Cheers,

Dave.

47 minutes ago, disco said:

Actually I had a look at that $48.5K Targa and I don't think it's bad for the money at all. Other than the IMS not being upgraded, the car presents very well.

I might be flamed for this, but I don't mind the interior. If it was a Ferrari then it would be the best option interior to have. The tan leather look smart imho.

Cheers,

Dave.

It's an interesting proposition. I looked at the silver NSW Targa on CS and thought at mid to high $50's and probably an 8/10 in my books it was ok. It's now offered at $49k.

That's what I thought too.  

Only drove a 996 for the first time a few weeks ago.  I wasn't expecting it to feel like a 993 as I always thought of this model as a fresh start or a sort of "reset" in the run of 911's.  Jumped in it, felt immediately at home to a point it was uncanny and frankly didn't want to get out! 

17 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Agree totally, 6C2 Man feels very much like 3C2 Man - they also feel quite lightweight compared to 7C2 Man

interesting? 996c2 lighter than 997c2? - wow so just a google. (wiki)

997 - 1425Kg

996 - 1317Kg

993 - 1370Kg

964 - 1375Kg

how interesting.. man 997 non S is 1490kg?

so looks like the 996 is the "RS" of the 911 world, when are they going to hit 150k mark.. :P

37 minutes ago, quasio said:

interesting? 996c2 lighter than 997c2? - wow so just a google. (wiki)

997 - 1425Kg

996 - 1317Kg

993 - 1370Kg

964 - 1375Kg

how interesting.. man 997 non S is 1490kg?

so looks like the 996 is the "RS" of the 911 world, when are they going to hit 150k mark.. :P

The "lightweight narrow body" has been the new black since a couple of years back for the discerning 911 WC buyer....

$150k? About 20 years... or about 150000 food stamps .....

20 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

The "lightweight narrow body" has been the new black since a couple of years back for the discerning 911 WC buyer....

$150k? About 20 years... or about 150000 food stamps .....

Will there be petrol to run them in 20 years... haha

Great looking garage ornaments perhaps

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Taffy said:

Porsche 996 C4

Ebay posting: $35K, get a PPI and get the price down. 

The photos look like its one odd colour to me... 

128,000km

But possible lack of history could be a worry. No hardtop.

No, think the colour is right.  Looks like most of the interior is a pale gray except for the seats, which look to be black, or at least dark gray??  Bit hard to tell as the photos are a bit washed out, but @Mike737 or @simonk might be able to comment more.

Seems cheap compared to the C4S Targa I saw advertised for around $120k ?

1 minute ago, xitsurf said:

hey guys

I am looking at 996 base model coupe,  average km ok. 3.4 or 3.6 , 35 to 45,000 man or auto

any members selling.

cheers

Hello! 

Big decision and price difference between auto and manual :) I'd say test drive a few decide on auto or manual then go from there.