996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

At that price, you have to wonder why it's been on the market for a while. I swear that was a few grand cheaper coupla months ago and still no interior shots as mentioned.

If it checked out ok mechanically, I'd rip the wing off, fit a ducktail, decent rims, slam it and enjoy

Well that's 2 coupe 996 manual C2's sold this week. They were previously discussed in this thread.

There's 3 available out of 61 Carrera's for sale???

What's the go?

Cheers,

Dave.

6 minutes ago, disco said:

Well that's 2 coupe 996 manual C2's sold this week. They were previously discussed in this thread.

There's 3 available out of 61 Carrera's for sale???

What's the go?

Cheers,

Dave.

And 39 of them cabs / and 12 of them 4S / and 39 autos ...... C2 man coupe = RARE:ph34r:     Hhahhahaa nah owners know when they're onto a good thing -- tightly held now

27 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

There's also this one up in Brisvegas with the extra large sunroof. 

One owner from new.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2003/SSE-AD-5412720

996 hatchbacks seem hard to move - and it's green :ph34r:   but I quite like that green on 996, rarely seen, looks like a nice catch for someone

2 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

I'll give you $105,000 and not a dollar more.

I'm going the  "Ole"  car sales strategy.

I've had heaps of Porsches so I know what I'm doing.    These cars will be 200000 in a few years.     3.4 WC are bulletproof.     I've already knocked back 105000.    Every week I'm putting it up 10000.    I'm putting stripes on it that'll clinch a deal.    If you don't buy it I'm removing it.    Now it's for sale again. 

Oh now it's for sale at 95000.:Chuckle2::LOL::CoolDance::rofl::Jumping:

Things that annoy me. 

Watching the Auto Targa in Vic. Last week it was 59k. Then end of last week it dropped to $49k and today it’s $55k. 

WTF. How can anyone take a seller serious if they jerk around with pricing. 

Was going to go and look at it. Not sure if I want to now due to them not knowing what they really want for it. It’s annoying and screams unsurity. 

Wednesday I’m heading out in the Boxster to go and visit all the dealers in Melb and a few independents to see what is out there. 

37 minutes ago, Clarkie said:

Things that annoy me. 

Watching the Auto Targa in Vic. Last week it was 59k. Then end of last week it dropped to $49k and today it’s $55k. 

WTF. How can anyone take a seller serious if they jerk around with pricing. 

Was going to go and look at it. Not sure if I want to now due to them not knowing what they really want for it. It’s annoying and screams unsurity. 

Wednesday I’m heading out in the Boxster to go and visit all the dealers in Melb and a few independents to see what is out there. 

Go and get one Clarkie you are right about pricing surely if you are selling something you kind of work out what you want for it beforehand,unfortunatley quite a few owners out and about like the one you mentioned.I hope you find one soon mate.

33 minutes ago, JWM said:

All sorts of things coming out of the woodwork now, must be tax time. 

I kind of like this, but I had a fair bit of Shiraz with dinner... ?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5423949

I'm with you, there aren't many "custom" 996 builds that sit well with me but I don't mind this one.

Everything is reversible too, wonder if its a factory colour. If it is it would have to be a paint to sample. Just needs some 5mm spacers and it would be awesome!

Actually just realised it's a 1998 so its had a face lift to a MK2 C4S/Turbo, someones spent a bit of cash on this... 

On 5/5/2018 at 12:51 AM, disco said:

Manual C2 Coupes must be flavour of the month! There's 1 left for sale on Carsales out of 62 996 911 Carrera's!

Interesting times.

Cheers,

Dave.

The manual coupes don’t seem to last either. There’s a few manual cabs I have been watching for some time now that seem very cheap. I’m conflicted whether a mid-low30k manual cab is better fun/value than a 40k+ tip coupe.

Edited: much prefer a manual.

5 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Looks fantastic   BUT   with those ks he's way over the price point imo for a custom with no engine hot ups (forward date hahahha). Should have saved his 20k spend. Looks really good on the eye though

1. 1998 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 Manual

Its one of David's cars.. i had a look at it a few months ago, its a high quality job & a very nice looking car up close  

14 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

The manual coupes don’t seem to last either. There’s a few manual cabs I have been watching for some time now that seem very cheap. I’m conflicted whether a mid-low30k manual cab is better fun/value than a 40k+ tip coupe.

Edited: much prefer a manual.

I reckon they are all good and great value but that’s just my opinion