996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

Love it! Although seeing as it's a 98 it's a shame they didn't keep the original front end. No engjne hot ups needed I reckon, X51 would be nice but really you only need an exhaust and intake on a stock 3.4 to make it sing.

9 hours ago, James P said:

Its one of David's cars.. i had a look at it a few months ago, its a high quality job & a very nice looking car up close  

Good to know. I always worry when I see something like this that it’s the result of repairing something less than ideal as a starting point. 

In the cold light of morning...I like it even more ?

I think the blue one looks great I would of thought it to be rare in that colour if thats how it left the factory, looks like a fair bit of $$ have been spent on it too.

1 hour ago, MARTY said:

I think the blue one looks great I would of thought it to be rare in that colour if thats how it left the factory, looks like a fair bit of $$ have been spent on it too.

Check out the banner ad at the top of the page.

I've never seen a 996 in that blue. It was probably inspired by the 997 GT3.

5 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Check out the banner ad at the top of the page.

I've never seen a 996 in that blue. It was probably inspired by the 997 GT3.

More likely Fast and Furious 5 haha, it's actually not too far off looking like this:

tumblr_inline_nl4247MXKg1s533id.jpg

10 minutes ago, disco said:

Here is the one with the giant rear wing.

Drivers front guard has seen better days but at least it doesn't come with it's original crappy 3.4L donk! Lol!

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5426153

cheers,

Dave

Looks like a quick flip.. was originally for sale on the Gold Coast.. btw the 3.4 is a better engine than the 3.6 imo but what would I know ?

11 minutes ago, Clarkie said:

The quote to me today was, stop spending so much on Manual Coupes. It’s false economy. 

Anyhow i I went and looked at a Blue 996 Custom. It’s a beautiful car. 

Did you buy it?

Congrats then.

cheers,

Dave

1 hour ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

It was great value at that price.

I was way off with my  "overpriced with that amount of ks" comment,  cheers to the seller and buyer -- I'll reassess my ks and modification penalties i apply to some cars ...I'll now go eat my hat. :blink: 

4 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

I was way off with my  "overpriced with that amount of ks" comment,  cheers to the seller and buyer -- I'll reassess my ks and modification penalties i apply to some cars ...I'll now go eat my hat. :blink: 

This example and it's super fast sale is quite eye opening to be honest.

Granted it was a great looking car and very well executed by all accounts, but it was hardly fodder for the purist.

It was a retro theme with non standard colour, wheels, trim and update front end. Essentially a '98 C2 Coupe with stock 3.4 and 207000 kms.

Am I missing something here with the asking being mid 60's and the car being snapped up in record time?

All the best to the seller/buyer... if they're happy then that's all that counts I suppose.

Cheers,

Dave.

2 minutes ago, disco said:

This example and it's super fast sale is quite eye opening to be honest.

Granted it was a great looking car and very well executed by all accounts, but it was hardly fodder for the purist.

It was a retro theme with non standard colour, wheels, trim and update front end. Essentially a '98 C2 Coupe with stock 3.4 and 207000 kms.

Am I missing something here with the asking being mid 60's and the car being snapped up in record time?

All the best to the seller/buyer... if they're happy then that's all that counts I suppose.

Cheers,

Dave.

I saw about 55 in it , who knows may have sold at that hahaha, nah not that quick, who knows what he got. Maybe just the right guy waiting to buy a very nice custom like that

1 hour ago, disco said:

Here is the one with the giant rear wing.

Drivers front guard has seen better days but at least it doesn't come with it's original crappy 3.4L donk! Lol!

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5426153

cheers,

Dave

Can someone please buy this and remove that wing before I start crying. I don't care if you try to flip it for another 10k it will be a gift to humanity.

1 hour ago, James P said:

Looks like a quick flip.. was originally for sale on the Gold Coast.. btw the 3.4 is a better engine than the 3.6 imo but what would I know ?

Thought I had seen it before.. that wing.. shudders