996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

Probably dragging up a old car for discussion but anyone driven or see this in person. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5426153

Apart from the horrendous tail she ticks a lot of boxes. Is it the 3.6 now in place which to my mind is a good thing ? 

If I didn’t already have the turbo this car would be in my shed, it’s screaming out for a GT3 tail, cage, KW V3s coil overs, pole position recaro seats, strip out the rest of the interior, decent set of brakes, exhaust/tune and she’s done all for around $55K I would think. 

@LeeM please buy this to stop me doing something really silly, these 996s have become a bit addictive once bitten.

8 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Probably dragging up a old car up for discussion but anyone driven or see this in person. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1998/SSE-AD-5426153

Apart from the horrendous tail she ticks a lot of boxes. Is it the 3.6 now in place which to my mind is a good thing ? 

If I didn’t already have the turbo this car would be in my shed, it’s screaming out for a GT3 tail, cage, KW V3s coil overs, pole position recaro seats, strip out the rest of the interior, decent set of brakes, exhaust/tune and she’s done all for around $55K I would think. 

@LeeM please buy this to stop me doing something really silly, these 996s have become a bit addictive once bitten.

From memory, the engine was rebuilt by http://www.edgecliffautomotive.com.au

2 minutes ago, Fraz said:

it’s screaming out for a GT3 tail, cage, KW V3s coil overs, pole position recaro seats, strip out the rest of the interior, decent set of brakes, exhaust/tune and she’s done all for around $55K I would think. 

I wish!  

Just do it mate. You only live once. I like the mods you've suggested too

12 hours ago, Rod C said:

I'm looking forward to the main event ? 

Could definately see myself in a turbo one day, funny enough never thought much about the white gauges on the dash but having seen yours I can see why some people would have  ticked the box on that one.?

Much appreciated for the chance to drive a turbo and sorry I had to rush off.?

Next time you need to forget the dials and just get that digital boost gauge to read 1 bar.

3 minutes ago, disco said:

Hey guys, this is getting put up for sale shortly. PM me if any interest. '01 C2 Manual coupe, factory GT3 kit, wheels, M030 susp, IMS done, 55000kms. with books

Cheers.

Dave.

Not hanging onto it? :( GLWS

Great looking car

3 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

Not hanging onto it? :( GLWS

Great looking car

Hi Dan,

Kills me to sell it mate, but I have two 4 seater weekend toys at the moment with a wife & 3 kids. Need a 5 seater. ?

Otherwise a keeper!

cheers,

Dave.

18 hours ago, disco said:

43142022852_58b19b75da_b.jpg

Hey guys, this is getting put up for sale shortly. PM me if any interest. '01 C2 Manual coupe, factory GT3 kit, wheels, M030 susp, IMS done, 55000kms. with books

Cheers.

Dave.

Good luck with the sale Dave you should get a great price 

19 hours ago, disco said:

Cheers.

Dave.

Man that’s cool, (must resist temptation ?

On 7/11/2018 at 11:09 AM, disco said:

Cheers.

Dave.

And what’s something like this worth @disco?

And agree with @P-Kay - definitely worth the $25 financial membership to access the crowd for a sale

$70K will own it. First serious buyer will take this. Compared to what's been selling in the 60's it's a bargain in this spec. Very unique bit of kit.

A joy to drive and just a tad under 56000 kms since new. 

Yeah, will shortly be sending it to Autohaus, so happy to pay membership, but it may be short lived :(

Cheers,

Dave.

8 hours ago, disco said:

$70K will own it. First serious buyer will take this. Compared to what's been selling in the 60's it's a bargain in this spec. Very unique bit of kit.

A joy to drive and just a tad under 56000 kms since new. 

Yeah, will shortly be sending it to Autohaus, so happy to pay membership, but it may be short lived :(

Cheers,

Dave.

Good luck with the sale Dave.

Are Autohaus doing another PPI on it or addressing the things in last one.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:18 AM, disco said:

Hi Dan,

Kills me to sell it mate, but I have two 4 seater weekend toys at the moment with a wife & 3 kids. Need a 5 seater. ?

Otherwise a keeper!

cheers,

Dave.

GLWS.  Digressing, but i too couldn't get away with another 2 door, and feel  your pain.  But I  can highly  recommend a tinkered with BMW e90 m3 if you are after 5 seats as a defacto toy as a sleeper in disguise as a family car  and reckon you will have 10 to 15k left over if you get circa 70k for yours.  Manuals are bit of a unicorn but.   Like a 996 turbo, the 420hp from the factory responds very very well to exhaust work and some other tinkering.   The 3rd to 2nd gear dct downshift annoys the crap out of the family but your searching for that as much as you can.  My Mrs drives the car in auto mode and has no clue its been tinkered with  eg doesn't go over 4000 rpm (hyde).  Me on the the other hand, am yet to drive it in auto mode and it comes alive over 4000 rpm (jekyl) and loves being  revved like a 996gt3. / tinkered with 996 turbo

9 hours ago, smit2100 said:

GLWS.  Digressing, but i too couldn't get away with another 2 door, and feel  your pain.  But I  can highly  recommend a tinkered with BMW e90 m3 if you are after 5 seats as a defacto toy as a sleeper in disguise as a family car  and reckon you will have 10 to 15k left over if you get circa 70k for yours.  Manuals are bit of a unicorn but.   Like a 996 turbo, the 420hp from the factory responds very very well to exhaust work and some other tinkering.   The 3rd to 2nd gear dct downshift annoys the crap out of the family but your searching for that as much as you can.  My Mrs drives the car in auto mode and has no clue its been tinkered with  eg doesn't go over 4000 rpm (hyde).  Me on the the other hand, am yet to drive it in auto mode and it comes alive over 4000 rpm (jekyl) and loves being  revved like a 996gt3. / tinkered with 996 turbo

Thanks for the suggestion mate, those e90's are lovely cars. M cars are a great alternative.

I'll see how I go, I'm struggling to get over this Porsche fetish at the moment lol!

cheers,

Dave

4 minutes ago, Dave986 said:

Thoughts on this??

2001 C4 on Car Sales

Besides the yelling in the ad, I'm unsure if this represents good value.

There are hardly any cars up for sale at the moment.

That car has been on the market for more than a year, maybe even two. I don’t think I’d class it as good value, and the fact it hasn’t sold is consistent with that

21 minutes ago, D2000 said:

That car has been on the market for more than a year, maybe even two. I don’t think I’d class it as good value, and the fact it hasn’t sold is consistent with that

Really? That long??

My spider senses were correct

4 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

There have been a few Victorians looking for a 996 in the last few months. I'm sure one of them can give us the back story.

C'mon gents.. Is it 2 halfs welded together?

I agree, what's the story??

2 hours ago, D2000 said:

You sure? There was another black C4 that was on for ages and sold (or went offline) about a week back. Different photos and location and name I am sure …. almost :unsure:

31 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

You sure? There was another black C4 that was on for ages and sold (or went offline) about a week back. Different photos and location and name I am sure …. almost :unsure:

Yep. Recognise the pictures